• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
GhaleonEB said:

I get all tingly every time he says "we'll finish the fight".
I'm tempted to photoshop Barack in place of Sergeant Johnson now :lol

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!

Sick and tired of being sick and tired!!!

When will McCain steal these lines?

Agent Icebeezy said:
He is going to get better turnout

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/states/US/P/00/epolls.0.html

wmfcph.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2000/results/index.epolls.html

fyk19d.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1996/elections/natl.exit.poll/index1.html

29vdmwz.jpg

As I've stated previously, we (African Americans such as myself) have voted Democrat almost monolithically

Remember, the weak AA turnout was the main reason Obama lost the Texas primary and didn't do better in Penn. Don't count the chickens before they hatch

please tell me Barack is using a teleprompter, cause he does so bad every time he doesn't. As Chuck Norris said "he always ends up with his foot in his mouth."

Cheebs

PhoenixDark said:
Remember, the weak AA turnout was the main reason Obama lost the Texas primary and didn't do better in Penn. Don't count the chickens before they hatch

Yet Hispanic turnout will continue to inch up and he'll win by a FAAAAAR larger margin than Kerry or Gore got.

Keylime

Oooooo baby! Here I am, signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours!

Cheebs said:
Yet Hispanic turnout will continue to inch up and he'll win by a FAAAAAR larger margin than Kerry or Gore got.

If Obama can get hispanics and blacks to turn out in large large numbers, plus some decent rises in the youth vote (we'll see) he'll have it in the bag.

mj1108

Revengeance said:
BU BU BALLIINNNNN

1 Point a day for the last 5 days. I hope this trend continues.

And if it were to keep up, by the time election day comes (45 days away) Obama will have 95%. :lol

GhaleonEB said:
It showed 1015 for me when I closed it.

Finish the fight. Boy if he wanted to get me fired up, that's the way to do it.
Badass!

I was waiting for it to pass 1000!

GoBama!

I'm almost sick at how enthused that made me. Guy can lay down some awesome words.

After Mr.Dipshit we could use some eloquence in office.

I made some calls again today at the office - maybe it's just the list I had but it seemed like 90% of the people I talked to said they were Obama supporters.

RubxQub said:
God damned... Obama's got some great designers on his team.

http://www.barackobama.com/music/

I'm loving that little preview flash app they have.
I just think it's great to have someone that's lived with tech for a while. Just think when our generation comes of age.

We could be talking to a future president around here. It could even be me...

*looks through post history*

Doubt it's me.:D

Thunder Monkey said:
I just think it's great to have someone that's lived with tech for a while. Just think when our generation comes of age.

We could be talking to a future president around here. It could even be me...

*looks through post history*

Doubt it's me.:D

It's me, even trying harder in my classes to pad my resume. So anyone interested in a cabinet position better be nice to me.

Keylime

So is anyone else by any chance going to the Camp Obama training at the Jersey Shore tomorrow?

campobama_lp3.jpg

(just wanted to show the awesome logo :lol )

Hootie said:
Hey awesome a new Obama vide....vid......oh god it's....SebeliuuuhhhhhZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZzzz
You don't like monotone?

It lulls you into a false sense of security with it's dullness, allowing her to pass all sorts of laws in Kansas that you wouldn't expect. Fighting business and winning for one thing is awesome. Hard to do in an area that has a lot of "Libertarians" people that still voted for Bush, but are ashamed that they did so, so they don't call themselves Reps anymore.

My friends dad voted for Bush twice, and now calls himself a Libertarian. It's funny because it's sad. Especially how hardcore he was on that side. I can still hear the guy spewing out Republican talking points to this day, but he has stopped referring to himself as a Republican.

Whether intentioned or not that shows a distinct lack of respect for his old party. He still sounds like a standard Republican on many grounds. He was (haven't talked to the man in a while) in favor of deregulation, a severe probusiness stance, and thought maybe still thinks the Iraq war was necessary.

But he dropped the big [R].

It seems to me that we've seen a lot of that in the past two years. The question is, how are they going to vote?

Shins said:
Christ I hope not.
Gary Whitta can lead me anywhere...

*swoons*

Thunder Monkey said:
My friends dad voted for Bush twice, and now calls himself a Libertarian. It's funny because it's sad. Especially how hardcore he was on that side. I can still hear the guy spewing out Republican talking points to this day, but he has stopped referring to himself as a Republican.

When the brand is sullied it's time to move onto a new brand even though amazingly the talking points and rhetoric remain the same for a large number of these people.

The Republicans don't really have a clear idea where to take their message post bush. They will always pay lip service to libertarianism but that's purely an intellectual talking point position for them rather than an actual position. The Limbaugh's and the Evangelicals are the dog that wags the tail in that party.

Tamanon

Banned
Basically not as many people will ADMIT to being a Republican, but when it comes to the ballot box, they'll still vote that way.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
That black republican strategist on MSNBC just blasted Obama for the swipe he gave to McCain's "privatizing Social Security" comments. He said that Obama should run an honorable campaign :lol This was after two seconds earlier he tried to tie Obama to Fannie & Freddie.

Stoney Mason said:
When the brand is sullied it's time to move onto a new brand even though amazingly the talking points and rhetoric remain the same for a large number of these people.

The Republicans don't really have a clear idea where to take their message post bush. They will always pay lip service to libertarianism but that's purely an intellectual talking point position for them rather than an actual position. The Limbaugh's and the Evangelicals are the dog that wags the tail in that party.

I'm amazed every day that the "christian conservatives" at times seem to tolerate all kinds non-christian values offered by Limbaugh-types.

maximum360 said:
I'm amazed every day that the "christian conservatives" at times seem to tolerate all kinds non-christian values offered by Limbaugh-types.

Yea it is interesting, listen to limbaugh enough and you will hear a few women call in to say that he's a positive male(father figure) role model for their children... Yea mr. divorced 3 times, pain pill popper.. positive role model.

StoOgE said:
Obama spitting fire there. I havent gotten to see much of his new stump speech, very good stuff.

Also, our generation is screwed for political office, between message boards, myspace and late night donkey show chat rooms, there is gonna be so much dirt out there.

who the hell uses their real name on message boards and myspace? :lol :lol :lol

So the McCain campaign is going to protect Ms. Palin in the debate

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/21/us/politics/21debate.html?hp

At the insistence of the McCain campaign, the Oct. 2 debate between Gov. Sarah Palin and her Democratic rival, Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr., will have shorter question-and-answer segments than those for the presidential nominees, the advisers said. There will also be much less opportunity for free-wheeling, direct exchanges between the running mates.

McCain advisers said they had been concerned that a loose format could leave Ms. Palin, a relatively inexperienced debater, at a disadvantage and largely on the defensive.

The wrangling was chiefly between the McCain-Palin camp and the nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates, which is sponsoring the forums.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Tamanon said:
Basically not as many people will ADMIT to being a Republican, but when it comes to the ballot box, they'll still vote that way.

The "shy torrie" theory that 529 ran with.

It still doesnt matter, most polls dont adjust for party ID numbers, they just report them in the internals. So it shouldnt be a polling issue really, it just means more people show up as I rather than R on the internals, and makes McCain look better with independents.

Another thing that is happening is a bunch of Reagan Dems are coming back to the party like they did for Clinton.

From Obama's speech today:
"My opponent attacked me for being associated with a Fannie Mae guy, who I met once and maybe talked to for maybe 5 minutes.[right here I imagined Obama saying "If I were McCain, I guess that could be enough to have made him my VP"] He did a TV ad saying this guy was my advisor. The guy actually had to send out a letter sayong 'Thats not true, I actually dont really talk to the guy' "

I wonder if the magazine quote will get any traction in the weekend news cycle and if the negaive McCain/Pailn reporting will continue(ratings>>>reporting facts) even though Obama/Biden is back in the lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom