• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrett2

GhaleonEB said:
In a similar situation not too long ago, in a local debate, the moderator handled it by having an empty chair take the place of the candidate that refused to show up. They gave the chair equal time as the opposing candidate. It was broadcast on TV.

If that happened this Friday, I would overdose on Hopium.

kkaabboomm said:
MSNBC: Debate commission says they’re going ahead full speed with Friday’s face-off.

i wonder what would happen if just Obama showed up?
His impersonation of Palin should be pretty funny.

LOL @ Matthews right now; you should see his face. This Republican guy is an idiot. :lol

PhoenixDark said:
In Texas and Penn.? Yup

On a serious note, comparing primaries to general elections doesn't work. Obama winning or losing is going to be determined by the get-out-the-vote campaign, and it heavily relies on various groups of people who don't vote in large numbers. I'm not trying to dampen the Hopium or whatever but let's be serious. An Obama loss would have little to do with race, Hillary Clinton, or any other excuse

Look into registration numbers and see why your argument doesn't hold water. New voters aren't just registering for the fun of registering.

Let's be serious; you're trying to find negativity where none exists. Comparing voter enthusiasm of this election to the past is even less relevant than comparing primaries to the GE.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Fragamemnon said:
05-My-pet-goat.jpg

Anyone else reminded of this?
He looks so young, wow.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Stoney Mason said:
And that is exactly why I support Obama. Nice job. Hopefully people are smart enough to see what Mccain is pulling as they saw through Palin

You typed this from your Iphone?

Rur0ni

Colorado polls today are fuckin' fantastic.

Code:
[B][U]Colorado[/U][/B]

Rasmussen: Obama +3
InsiderAdvantage: Obama +9
CNN/TIME: Obama +4

Pennsylvania ain't bad.

Code:
[B][U]Pennsylvania[/U][/B]

StrageticVision: Obama +1
CNN/TIME: Obama +9

Amir0x

Banned
*frightening music plays*
BARACK OBAMA SAYS HE CARES ABOUT THE PLIGHTS OF WORKING AMERICANS
*image of Obama eating waffles*
BUT WHAT DOES BARACK OBAMA DO WHEN TIMES GET TOUGH?
*stock image of the down jones plunging*
PLAY THE SAME OLD POLITICAL GAMES.
*image of Barack Obama standing alone at the debates*
AMERICA NEEDS SOMEONE WHO BELIEVES IN MORE THAN JUST THEIR OWN AMBITIONS.
AMERICA NEEDS A LEADER WHO PUTS ASIDE PARTISAN POLITICS AND WORKS FOR YOU.
JOHN MCCAIN IS THAT LEADER.
*image of John McCain working in Washington with his unicorns and fairies to fix the economy*
I'm John McCain and I approve this message.

Tamanon

Banned
North Carolinians:

This Saturday, September 27th, please join Barack Obama and Joe Biden in Greensboro, where they will talk about their vision for creating the kind of change we need.

Change We Need Rally
with Barack Obama and Joe Biden

Washington Street
In front of the J. Douglas Gaylon Depot
Greensboro, NC

Saturday, September 27th
Gates Open: 10:00 a.m.
Program Begins: 12:15 p.m.

Biden and Obama in Greensboro. I think I'll catch this one for sure.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
GhaleonEB said:
That really is the perfect response. McCain is going to take it in the nutsack for this.

Plus, from TPM:

WOW!!!! So the bill is 98% written? I wonder what they have.

WickedAngel said:
Look into registration numbers and see why your argument doesn't hold water. New voters aren't just registering for the fun of registering.

Let's be serious; you're trying to find negativity where none exists. Comparing voter enthusiasm of this election to the past is even less relevant than comparing primaries to the GE.

I guess we'll have to wait and see then. I think it's a more than valid comparison and we'll see it in the numbers come November 5th, no matter who wins.

looking at the live polls, there is a consistent number

between 65-75% of American people want the debate on friday
between 70-80% of American people want the campaign to continue

Nice thread change. And LOL at the Palin substitution idea. Hey, she should be willing to step in on a moment's notice, yes? Heck, just run the VP debate Friday. I'm sure Ms. "I Can See Russia" has had enough time to cram.

somedevil

GhaleonEB said:
In a similar situation not too long ago, in a local debate, the moderator handled it by having an empty chair take the place of the candidate that refused to show up. They gave the chair equal time as the opposing candidate. It was broadcast on TV.

Thats my district representive John Hall who debated a chair because Sue Kelly didn't show up

PhoenixDark said:
I guess we'll have to wait and see then. I think it's a more than valid comparison and we'll see it in the numbers come November 5th, no matter who wins.

I'm trying to be positive, just so we're clear. I'm not disagreeing with the fact that a lot of this boils down to whether or not those who historically pass on voting actually turn out this time.

AniHawk

Rur0ni said:
Colorado polls today are fuckin' fantastic.

Code:
[B][U]Colorado[/U][/B]

Rasmussen: Obama +3
InsiderAdvantage: Obama +9
CNN/TIME: Obama +4

Pennsylvania ain't bad.

Code:
[B][U]Pennsylvania[/U][/B]

StrageticVision: Obama +1
CNN/TIME: Obama +9

Colorado is turning. It's really pulling away. Must secure MN and NH now. VA, OH, and others will come as extras.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Ignatz Mouse said:
Nice thread change. And LOL at the Palin substitution idea. Hey, she should be willing to step in on a moment's notice, yes? Heck, just run the VP debate Friday. I'm sure Ms. "I Can See Russia" has had enough time to cram.
Maybe Obama should ask her given that McCain is not willing to attend the debate. Just for funsies. You know, a VP candidate doing VP things such as helping her president.

numble

PhoenixDark said:
Have you been to an Obama office? I've been to 8 across 4 states. I've talked to people who worked on the Kerry campaign who said they felt like they didn't know what they were doing GOTV-wise, whereas Obama field staffers have had a ton of GOTV efforts under their belt.

The strategy is ambitious. Every door will be hit 3-4 times in the 4 days before the election. Those who have voted or early-voted will be culled. And the manpower is there. There are double or triple the amount of offices opened compared to Kerry. They're shipping people off from safe/red states to help (there's a couple of people here who will be doing so, including me, probably).

Tamanon

Banned
I fully expect to get called a couple times by the Obama camp to remind me to vote.:lol And then a few texts too.

Jason: It was bumped up and released at 5 on Hardball.

Chojin

Ya know, if McCain doesn't show up to the debates, I think we should let Bob Barr take his place for the Libertarians. I wouldn't mind a few more GOP votes going towards him at all. :lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Dax01 said:
7 am?

How big of a crowd could be there?

I'm probably being extremely naive right now.
That map with the red line is one of the lines that was in Charlotte only half an hour before Obama actually spoke. The blue dot was the other entrance I didn't see. Yes, this is Greensboro, but you'll also be with the Raleigh/Durham crowd.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
GhaleonEB said:

:lol :lol :lol

Tamanon

Banned
Oh shit, Letterman kills it!

David Letterman tells audience that McCain called him today to tell him he had to rush back to DC to deal with the economy.

Then in the middle of the taping Dave got word that McCain was, in fact just down the street being interviewed by Katie Couric. Dave even cut over to the live video of the interview, and said, "Hey Senator, can I give you a ride home?"

Earlier in the show, Dave kept saying, "You don't suspend your campaign. This doesn't smell right. This isn't the way a tested hero behaves." And he joked: "I think someone's putting something in his metamucil."

"He can't run the campaign because the economy is cratering? Fine, put in your second string quarterback, Sara Palin. Where is she?"

"What are you going to do if you're elected and things get tough? Suspend being president? We've got a guy like that now!"

:lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom