• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't possibly imagine McCain would not show up for a debate. If he chickens out (and yes, that's what it'll be seen as) Obama will be smooth sailing for awhile; VP debate on Oct 2nd will only further sink McCain. Second debate is on Oct 7th and it'll be about the economy. :lol

If he doesn't show up...I dunno, I can't even think of a bet

ronito

"You can't shake the devil's hand and say you're only kidding."

Mccain's got himself in a corner. It's a gutsy gamble, but likely one that only endear him to the base. But now he can't come back and say, "Ok, I'll do the debate." because then he'll look like a flip flopper. Of course if he doesn't show and Obama was there that also looks bad. I can, however, see Mccain trying to do the debate via sattelite from DC that would make Obama look bad.

Still either way it's saddening to see this political stunt happen now when so many CEO's golden parachutes are on the line.

snacknuts

we all knew her
kkaabboomm said:
MSNBC: Debate commission says they’re going ahead full speed with Friday’s face-off.

i wonder what would happen if just Obama showed up?

McCain's voicemail, 9:10 PM ET

"Hey John, it's Barack. I don't know if you forgot, but we have a debate scheduled for tonight. Umm... pretty much everything here is ready to go, sooo... give me a call and let me know where you are. Or let me know if you need directions. See you soon."

Marc Ambinder said:
The tough thing here for McCain is that nobody in Washington asked him to come back; nobody seems to need him to come back; and that Democrats simply do not trust John McCain's motives.

this about sums it up

Tamanon, where'd you find this information? I might be able to go, but I'll only be able to go with me mum, and she wants to know more about it. Is it being held in some sort of townhall or something?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
BarneyFranksupermansuperdelegate.jpg

RubxQub

Gary Whitta said:
I don't think this is playing out the way McCain planned it.
His folks haven't had a chance to spin it yet. You wait!

GhaleonEB

"He can't run the campaign because the economy is cratering? Fine, put in your second string quarterback, Sara Palin. Where is she?"

"What are you going to do if you're elected and things get tough? Suspend being president? We've got a guy like that now!"
:lol :lol :lol

SO GOOD

RubxQub said:
His folks haven't had a chance to spin it yet. You wait!
But isn't he also setting himself up to fail by projecting the image that he's going to parachute into DC and solve this all by Monday? What will the fallout be when that (inevitably) does not happen?

Fox News just reported that John McCain currently does not plan to attend the debate Friday night but that if a plan is agreed to by Friday, he will

http://mydd.com/

no, seriously. what would happen if nothing was passed by then. does Obama say 'ok john, you win'? does he show up and wonder where mccain is?

RubxQub

Hootie

kkaabboomm said:
Fox News just reported that John McCain currently does not plan to attend the debate Friday night but that if a plan is agreed to by Friday, he will

no, seriously. what would happen if nothing was passed by then. does Obama say 'ok john, you win'? does he show up and wonder where mccain is?

Obama vs. Nader!

Or better yet, Obama vs. Palin.

kkaabboomm said:

No fucking way :lol

omg. Obama better show up, and bring Bob Barr along.

Jonm1010

Banned
kkaabboomm said:

He'll turn it into a romping political speech where he will get free reign to bash McCain on foreign policy. But likewise it will allow McCain the ability to calculate his response.

JCreasy

Tamanon said:
Oh shit, Letterman kills it!

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3cbm.htm

EXCLUSIVE: LETTERMAN MOCKS MCCAIN CANCELLATION
Wed Sep 24 2008 17:41:58 ET

David Letterman tells audience that McCain called him today to tell him he had to rush back to DC to deal with the economy.

Then in the middle of the taping Dave got word that McCain was, in fact just down the street being interviewed by Katie Couric. Dave even cut over to the live video of the interview, and said, "Hey Senator, can I give you a ride home?"

Earlier in the show, Dave kept saying, "You don't suspend your campaign. This doesn't smell right. This isn't the way a tested hero behaves." And he joked: "I think someone's putting something in his metamucil."

"He can't run the campaign because the economy is cratering? Fine, put in your second string quarterback, Sara Palin. Where is she?"

"What are you going to do if you're elected and things get tough? Suspend being president? We've got a guy like that now!"

Developing...

:lol :lol

1216326542048.gif

X26

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
Tell me that was coffee.

Must be something like that. For one it's WAY too watery, even the worst diarhea has some chunkiness to it, not to mention it's also on the outside of his shorts, which would make no sense if he shat hismelf

RubxQub

Trakdown said:
At one point, it might have been coffee.
With bits of corn in it, it would appear.

Imm0rt4l

kkaabboomm said:

bitch move

Ether_Snake said:
Tell me that was coffee.

check out the viscosity

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Gary Whitta said:
I don't think this is playing out the way McCain planned it.

It is fast becoming the worst political campaign ever. The only thing he has going for him is the rock-thick stupidity of the general public. Without that bonus he'd be in single digits.

Cloudy

Banned
kkaabboomm said:

Obma should just take questios from the audience. Free publicity never hurt :lol

Tamanon

Banned
X26 said:
Must be something like that. For one it's WAY too watery, even the worst diarhea has some chunkiness to it, not to mention it's also on the outside of his shorts, which would make no sense if he shat hismelf

As a man who's seen it done in basic training. It can bleed THROUGH pants/shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom