• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.
The congressional GOP delegation must be in hysterics at this point. Not only is it looking like they are going to be forced to vote for a measure that will be overwhemingly unpopular with their base, but top of their ticket is is meandering around talking like a crazy person and I think a Silver Alert just went out for him in DC.

GhaleonEB

OuterWorldVoice said:
It is fast becoming the worst political campaign ever. The only thing he has going for him is the rock-thick stupidity of the general public. Without that bonus he'd be in single digits.
It was said a was back, but it bears repeating: who would have thought that selecting Palin would be McCain's second worst mistake?

Also, via Ben Smith:

A Democratic source says Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid just spoke to John McCain today, and told him on the phone that it "wouldn't be helpful" for him to return to Washington.

Reid spokesman Jim Manley tells Politico's Martin Kady III that McCain called Reid about an hour ago, and said “Harry, I hope we can sit down together, and act quickly.” Reid simply “read back to him his statement” from earlier in the day saying it wouldn’t be helpful. McCain also called Pelosi to give her a heads-up.
I would give so much to hear that conversation. :lol

MIMIC

Banned
"He can't run the campaign because the economy is cratering? Fine, put in your second string quarterback, Sara Palin. Where is she?"

If Palin replaced McCain, that would be pay-per-view material.

Trakdown

AniHawk said:
McCain really fucked himself. Now he can't go to the debates.

Sad thing is, if he hadn't done this, all he'd have to do is go debate Foreign Policy with Obama, a field where McCain could at least hold his own. Now he gets to try it out with economics, and with scrutiny because this is backfiring.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Jonm1010 said:
He'll turn it into a romping political speech where he will get free reign to bash McCain on foreign policy. But likewise it will allow McCain the ability to calculate his response.

100 million are going to be watching Obama though

Tamanon

Banned
Imm0rt4l said:
hope you weren't jogging in formation behind the guy.

Nope I wasn't. Needless to say, he was ostracized the entire time we were there. There's some things that you just can't get out of your mind.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
The McCain campaign is completely dodging all chances for the media to get their hands on them. Turtling like crazy.

Turtle/Tortoise '08

...but this one doesn't win the race.

IMO he will go to the debate.

i think he knows the jig is up. but the debate will be prefaced by mccain camp with "it's very unfornate that barack obama has shamefully failed to put country first. because of his desperate attempts to shun this crisis, we cannot postpone the debate ectect ect.."

Tamanon said:
Oh shit, Letterman kills it!

:lol :lol
25snzlw.gif

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
AniHawk said:
McCain really fucked himself. Now he can't go to the debates.

What if he doesn't and the bill is passed on Saturday? Does that make McCain look better?

jiggle said:
Will Obama ever come to CA?
He'll come to Hollywood and Silicon Valley for fundraisers. (He was in Hollywood last week.)

But I doubt he'll do any public appearances since California is locked up with a double-digit lead. Where I live, I see about 5 Obama signs for every McCain sign . . . and it is a pretty affluent area. It is nice to see people willing to pay a bit more in Taxes . . . I guess they are putting "Country First".

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Cloudy said:
Obma should just take questios from the audience. Free publicity never hurt :lol

DO IT OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!

Even phone calls!

RubxQub

Frank the Great said:
If McCain doesn't go to the debate, Obama should send an invitation to Bob Barr and Ralph Nader.

Seriously.
Just Bob Barr.

Let the Republican vote stealer get airtime, not the Democratic one.

TDG

Banned
Obama could use the time to help PBS out of their financial crisis. I want to hear Obama tell me that he'll send me a tote bag if I donate more than $50.

Amir0x

Banned
Frank the Great said:
If McCain doesn't go to the debate, Obama should send an invitation to Bob Barr and Ralph Nader.

Seriously.

i think the transparency of THAT political stunt would kill any possible positivity around what Obama would be doing

Xisiqomelir

speculawyer said:
He'll come to Hollywood and Silicon Valley for fundraisers. (He was in Hollywood last week.)

But I doubt he'll do any public appearances since California is locked up with a double-digit lead. Where I live, I see about 5 Obama signs for every McCain sign . . . and it is a pretty affluent area. It is nice to see people willing to pay a bit more in Taxes . . . I guess they are putting "Country First".

I dunno why, but I always had this idea that you lived in NY. Maybe I was getting you confused with Astrolad?

Hootie

I wonder what the McCain camps response would be if Obama invited Palin to debate him. The list of excuses would be legendary.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Karma Kramer said:
Seriously is this some sort of joke? He's going to suspend the debate...?

This is absolutely ridiculous. I can't believe this news actually.

Not just the debate for his campaign too.

RubxQub

Fucking Pfejijweihwhower is on....

The devil looks so fucking evil on TV.

Guy Legend

Smiles and Cries said:
anyway McCain just made waiting for Friday much more entertaining no matter if he shows up or not

Agreed. But I think he made a huge miscalculation today (the second big one). Their campaign is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom