• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rugasuki said:
While Mayor of Wasilla, Palin charged victims of sexual assault $300-1200 for their own rape kits. Most cities in Alaska covered the rape kit costs and eventually in 2000 a Democratic Governor made the the practice of charging victims for their rape kits illegal.

http://opedna.com/2008/09/08/wasilla-police-billed-sexual-assault-victims-for-rape-kits/
How can this possibly be true?

And I love the Obama ad, but I'm still not sold on the "more of the same" catchphrase.

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
Fragamemnon said:
New Obama ad up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBtbG5xjFBY

That's going to get some people chatting. Note the bold, calling people liars is upping the ante and a very aggressive thing to do.

Edit: This is the kind of ad you roll out, on, say, the first day after the other guy's convention where they tried to paint themselves as mavericks. Hitting them where they are strongest is the way to go on this one because the facts behind the matter are just not flattering for McCain.

Fucking finally!

Xisiqomelir

GhaleonEB said:
Should be at about his peak right now.

Fuckballs. My bank wire won't clear till Wed/Thu.

Everytime Mr. Pretty gains points on Intrade my max profit tanks!

Oprice Units Win$
50 600 2940
51 588 2822.4
52 576 2707.2
53 566 2603.6
54 555 2497.5
55 545 2398
56 535 2300.5
57 526 2209.2
58 517 2119.7
59 508 2032
60 500 1950
61 491 1865.8
62 483 1787.1
63 476 1713.6
64 468 1638
65 461 1567.4

Zeliard

Revengeance said:
How can this possibly be true?

And I love the Obama ad, but I'm still not sold on the "more of the same" catchphrase.

I think he's overusing it. It's losing its potency. He needs to come out and start calling Palin and McCain fucking liars, because that's exactly what they are. Liars.

Jupiter Jones said:
Why do I get the feeling that even if she answered every question by doing the Macarena, the press will still say she won.

That's the pessimistic view, and unfortunately, it's probably more realistic than the alternative.

AniHawk

Zeliard said:
I think he's overusing it. It's losing its potency. He needs to come out and start calling Palin and McCain fucking liars, because that's exactly what they are. Liars.

I think, "they think you're stupid." would be a good catchphrase.

Fragamemnon said:
New Obama ad up:

That's going to get some people chatting. Note the bold, calling people liars is upping the ante and a very aggressive thing to do.

Edit: This is the kind of ad you roll out, on, say, the first day after the other guy's convention where they tried to paint themselves as mavericks. Hitting them where they are strongest is the way to go on this one because the facts behind the matter are just not flattering for McCain.

Fucking A. And they used the pic of her rocking the shirt.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I get the sense that many here are experiencing a presidential campaign for the first time. Liar this, liar that.

I hope we don't have mass GAF suicides Nov. 5th if Obama loses.

thekad

Banned
I like how CNN completely "explained away" the banning book controversy by saying Palin simply asked the city librarian if she could ban books :lol They also forgot that Palin threatened to fire the librarian.

Xisiqomelir

Cooter said:
I get the sense that many here are experiencing a presidential campaign for the first time. Liar this, liar that.

If I lose $3k on a sure thing I'm done with the Democratic party forever.

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
demon said:
please make this into an Obama commercial.

If they do McCain will hit back with the Biden video saying he would be 'honoured' to run with or against McCain.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Zeliard said:
I find it amusing that as soon as Palin starts trying to discuss specific policies, she makes herself look like a complete idiot (Fannie/Freddie and Obama's earmarks, among other things).

The VP debate will be a bloodbath.
Good stuff. And the debates are CRUCIAL to Obama's and Biden's chances. They both have to hit homeruns, especially Biden. After the debates, there's nothing left but time and commercials. It's their last chances to swing people one way or the other.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Xisiqomelir said:
If I lose $3k on a sure thing I'm done with the Democratic party forever.
If Obama runs a good campaign and loses, it won't be his fault. It'll be America's fault.

Cooter

I think if Obama loses it will have to fall at his feet. Picking Hillary would have virtually sealed the deal.

tanod

when is my burrito
Cooter said:

According to fivethirtyeight.com, it looks like there's a 36.3% chance that I'm getting a projectile-vomiting-level's worth of plowed on November 5th.

siren.gif

Reminder: Obama interview with Olbermann at 8.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Frank the Great said:
If Obama loses, he didn't run a good campaign.
If people can't see the absolute evil of a McCain/Palin presidency... yeah, the blame is on the US electorate. This time there is no possible excuse.

demon said:
If Obama runs a good campaign and loses, it won't be his fault. It'll be America's fault.

If Obama loses it'll be a disgrace, and his fault. We'll be looking back and wondering where he went wrong (Hillary VP perhaps). All indicators point to a democratic win, it's yet to be seen if America wants this democrat.

Obama's ground game and great campaign should ensure he does better than Kerry. This election is truly only about a handful of states

Fragamemnon said:
New Obama ad up:

It's nice to have a response but it is still a RESPONSE! Obama is very,VERY reactive. McCain is still controlling the narrative and Obama needs to on offense making McCain defend the Bush record. There is TONS of video of McCain supporting Bush policies but Obama hasn't really used ANY of it. PLEASE get on offense Obama!

The Dark One

Barrett2

Funky Papa said:
If people can't see the absolute evil of a McCain/Palin presidency... yeah, the blame is on the US electorate. This time there is no possible excuse.

:lol Why not tell us how you really feel?

Cooter

Funky Papa said:

Seriously. Can we stop this?

Cooter said:
I think if Obama loses it will have to fall at his feet. Picking Hillary would have virtually sealed the deal.

Yea.. I find it funny how many convserative fanboys Clinton has garnered throughout all this. Went from talking heads saying how they rather run against clinton than Obama, to this mess constantly... but whatever. Apparently some repubs can't get past the fact that Obama didn't pull the same pandering vote grabbing bullshit McCain did with his VP pick.

Funky Papa said:

Let's make two assumptions that I think we can all agree are constants for every election:

1. The electorate is stupid
2. The job of politicians is to get a stupid electorate to vote for them

Because of the political environment this election, if Obama fails to get the stupid masses to vote for him, it is his failure.

If McCain wins it is because he is a better politician.

Zeliard

Cooter said:

I'm not saying it's anything new. I'm saying that Obama needs to start calling them out on it, because the lies coming from McCain/Palin are exceptionally blatant. Please make a better effort.

Last Thursday when Obama lightly touched on Palin's speech the previous night, he prefaced it by saying something like "we had our week, and we're gonna let them have theirs". I feel like that's why his campaign waited until today to roll out that ad. Today's Monday, the beginning of a new week. It wouldn't have been worth his money to run it over the weekend or during the day today. It's prime time in a new week now, and Obama's camp is mobilizing.

Cooter

Byakuya769 said:
Yea.. I find it funny how many convserative fanboys Clinton has garnered throughout all this. Went from talking heads saying how they rather run against clinton than Obama, to this mess constantly... but whatever. Apparently some repubs can't get past the fact that Obama didn't pull the same pandering vote grabbing bullshit McCain did with his VP pick.

???? Fanboy? Just political observation.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
lawblob said:
:lol Why not tell us how you really feel?
Given the current circumstances and what we know about the Republican ticket... seriously. McCain doesn't give a toss about his own principles, and Palin would be a puppet in the hands of the neocons, even more so than Bush. The country would steer into a very dangerous direction.

2. The job of politicians is to get a stupid electorate to vote for them
Democrat or Republican, it is pretty hard if not impossible to convince the idiots on the other side of the fence. I think the situation has reached a point of fanaticism that any well intentioned, non pandering message will be automatically nullified. Then you have the independents... who are a puzzle on their own.

Tamanon

Banned
Hootie said:
I can't imagine Olbie asks/asked him any really difficult questions :lol

I imagine it'll have a buch of "Can you believe these guys are saying this?" questions. I wonder if Olberman will actually ask a question that's not a minute and a half long though!

gkryhewy

DarkMage619 said:
It's nice to have a response but it is still a RESPONSE! Obama is very,VERY reactive. McCain is still controlling the narrative and Obama needs to on offense making McCain defend the Bush record. There is TONS of video of McCain supporting Bush policies but Obama hasn't really used ANY of it. PLEASE get on offense Obama!

The Dark One

An Obama ad has been airing constantly here in Philly featuring John McCain saying (in video) "I've voted with the president over 90% of the time, even more than some of my republican colleagues."

If Obama's reactive, what do you call the Palin pick? I mean really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom