• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of Tears/Lapel Pins (ScratchingHisCheek-Gate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pxleyes

Banned
APF said:
That's not a proof that I'm an alleged hypocrite. What you're experiencing right now is called, "cognitive dissonance." You see, the idea that I'm somehow not as "bad" as you in this way causes you emotional pain, because you hate me so much to admit this would cause you to reevaluate your own judgment of yourself. Therefore, in order to maintain your self-image, you need to convince yourself of something you admit you have no evidence to support. It's quite sad, really.

pxleyes: I have no idea what you mean in that reply.
It's ok. The basic understanding of what YOU are doing in this thread is already going over your head. I don't expect you to understand someone parodying you.

pxleyes said:
It's ok. The basic understanding of what YOU are doing in this thread is already going over your head. I don't expect you to understand someone parodying you.

You can't be both a Gators kool-aid drinking fanatic and an Obama supporter at the same time.

Lose one allegiance.

Sorry.

APF

pxleyes said:
I think it's more, you don't understand 99% of what I post, so when you attempt at mimicking me it falls flat. It's ok though; since you're attacking me it doesn't matter if you're coherent or making a valid or arguable point.

harSon

Banned
APF said:
That's not a proof that I'm an alleged hypocrite. What you're experiencing right now is called, "cognitive dissonance." You see, the idea that I'm somehow not as "bad" as you in this way causes you emotional pain, because you hate me so much to admit this would cause you to reevaluate your own judgment of yourself. Therefore, in order to maintain your self-image, you need to convince yourself of something you admit you have no evidence to support. It's quite sad, really.

pxleyes: I have no idea what you mean in that reply.

What I'm experiencing right now is "personal satisfaction", seeing your so irate bring a tear to my eye. The fact that I'm not digging through your posts to prove a points has very little to do with there not being any, I'm not going to bother proving common knowledge. The sky is blue, the sun is hot, APF is a troll. Common knowledge shared by all.

APF

I'm not irate, I'm amused that you agree you're a lot more of a sheep than I'll ever be, even while you argue I'm exactly the same. It's funny, and pretty much proves a major gripe I've had with a lot of you guys here. Vindication doesn't cause me to feel emotional pain.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
SRG01 said:
I don't see how they are stupid comments as he is pretty spot on about the change in sentiments of the Clintons from the 90s to now.

I agree with him only on this:

they have to understand this is a new day. People ain’t feelin’ that stuff. It’s like a tide, and the people who get in the way are just gonna get swept out into the ocean.

This is what, imo, people like APF are having the most trouble coming to grips with.

pxleyes

Banned
APF said:
I think it's more, you don't understand 99% of what I post, so when you attempt at mimicking me it falls flat. It's ok though; since you're attacking me it doesn't matter if you're coherent or making a valid or arguable point.
99% of what you post is dribble to begin with. Over the last 3 pages show me how many of your posts are actually of substance that adds to the discussion of the Democratic Primary. 1? 2? The rest are flame bait. And you're right, it doesn't matter if I spell out gibberish over the next few posts. You will still find a way to try and argue it to continue your trolling. It is all a game to you. Sorry that some people have figured it out and play back.

Incognito said:
You can't be both a Gators kool-aid drinking fanatic and an Obama supporter at the same time.

Lose one allegiance.

Sorry.
:lol :lol Touche.

harSon

Banned
APF said:
I'm not irate, I'm amused that you agree you're a lot more of a sheep than I'll ever be, even while you argue I'm exactly the same. It's funny, and pretty much proves a major gripe I've had with a lot of you guys here. Vindication doesn't cause me to feel emotional pain.

Your uncharacteristic use of swear words on the previous page says other wise. What happened to not being able to amuse me due to having me on ignore? Can't help but chat with big lovable brown bear?

syllogism

It's interesting how Hillary didn't have an opinion on boycotting the Olympics two weeks ago, but conveniently became a believer today. Coincidentally, that was the press conference where she tried to change the subject back to Wright.

pxleyes

Banned
bob_arctor said:
I agree with him only on this:

This is what, imo, people like APF are having the most trouble coming to grips with.
It certainly is a new face to the political process. Widespread support for a candidate, and the growth of that support, is certainly unprecedented in the few decades.

harSon

Banned
syllogism said:
It's interesting how Hillary didn't have an opinion on boycotting the Olympics two weeks ago, but conveniently became a believer today. Coincidentally, that was the press conference where she tried to change the subject back to Wright.

Her previous position on the matter was more in line with my opinions on the subject. Boycotting the Olympics would idiotic be IMO, we're fool of ourselves if we honestly think our absence from the event is going to do anything of significance.

GhaleonEB said:
040708DailyUpdateGraph1llssddpp.gif
nana24by5mw.gif

APF

bob_arctor said:
It's not that I can't come to grips with it, it's that I basically feel it's a load of crap. ;) But I do see the trends saying people want "a change," so if that means putting a fresh young face on unnovel policies to them I definitely accept that.

harSon: uhh, if I had you on ignore, how could I have quoted all of your posts?

pxleyes

Banned
APF said:
It's not that I can't come to grips with it, it's that I basically feel it's a load of crap. ;) But I do see the trends saying people want "a change," so if that means putting a fresh young face on unnovel policies to them I definitely accept that.
You see the writing on the wall, you understand trends towards Obama, yet you are going to sit there and say he is NOTHING but a new face? That's just a wee short-sided, wouldn't you say?

harSon

Banned
APF said:

harSon: uhh, if I had you on ignore, how could I have quoted all of your posts?

By pressing reveal?

APF said:
To be fair, I have you on ignore so it makes sense I'd ignore your question, since you're on ignore. If you weren't on ignore I'd be able to see your question and would have to make a conscious decision whether or not to ignore it without you actually being on ignore and having the ignore setting ignore you automatically. Unfortunately I can't even get to that point since you're on ignore.

Are you admitting that you're a serial liar? I'm dissapointed APF.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
harSon said:
Don't get your hopes up :p It's going to take a turn for the worst once the weekend hits.

And it STILL won't mean anything :lol

KRS7

harSon said:
Hillary seems to get random boosts towards the end of weeks for some unknown reason.

It's simple.

Obama supporters are out having fun on the weekends, while Clinton supporters are grumpily staying home to answer the phone.

APF

pxleyes said:
You see the writing on the wall, you understand trends towards Obama, yet you are going to sit there and say he is NOTHING but a new face? That's just a wee short-sided, wouldn't you say?
Why would you say that in response to my post? I think you're providing a kneejerk reaction where none is needed. Read again and try to understand what I'm saying. If you still feel your reaction is warranted, then I can't help you. But yes, I do believe he's little but a new face on the same policies--and this actually helps him to a large extent.

harSon: I think it's a shame that your fierce hatred for me has twisted your perception so much that you can't see someone making a joke or being sarcastic, even when that fact is almost literally being hammered home with a blunt instrument.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I think for the sake of PoliGAF sanity, APF should be banned from all PoliGAF threads...or just banned if that's too hard.

I'm sure this is what everyone wants, yet we will never receive.

APF

Does not Obama himself preach the importance of speaking to your enemies? Yet you would advocate the crushing of dissent. Shameful.

syllogism

If you find him so annoying, just don't reply and frankly you aren't being very successful at countering his arguments anyway, giving him more fodder.

RubxQub

APF said:
Does not Obama himself preach the importance of speaking to your enemies? Yet you would advocate the crushing of dissent. Shameful.
You know you're annoying. I know you're annoying. Everyone in this thread knows you're annoying.

...and yet here you are.

Can something be done of this? I'm not all about calling for someone to get banned...but fuck me if APF doesn't deserve this in spades.

syllogism said:
If you find him so annoying, just don't reply and frankly you aren't being very successful at countering his arguments anyway, giving him more fodder.
You seem to think arguing with APF will yield any results...at all.

APF

The problem's not that I have disagreements, the problem is so many people here want to bring the argument to me as a person; I can have a perfectly civil conversation with people like Bob, or Amir0x, etc, who are beyond trying to attack me personally. I don't want conversations to be about me and how horrible I am for disagreeing with people--a point I've made countless times--yet folks can't help themselves.

KRS7

No one should be banned unless they violate the TOS.

APF can be annoying at times, but people here choose to engage him. If you get baited by him into a long back and forth about nothing, then it is your own damn fault.

Now back on topic,

I think a large part of the reason for the drop in Clinton's numbers is the revelation that they are filthy rich. Most people should realize that there is a bit of a class warfare mentality in parts of the democratic party. This hurt them with some of those people.

I don't think the hospital story is a big deal. It shows her campaign is failing at the basic task of vetting her stump speeches, but overall she relayed the story as she heard it. I find her bullshit claim of speaking out against the Iraq war before Obama, once they were both part of the Senate, to be far more dishonest.

RubxQub

KRS7 said:

APF can be annoying at times, but people here choose to engage him. If you get baited by him into a long back and forth about nothing, then it is your own damn fault.
This would make sense, however these "long back and forths" between APF and victim X usually last pages, and happen all the time.

There is one constant in all of these scenarios however, and that is APF.

For the sanity of the thread, he should be removed.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
APF said:

Quick question. Do you have a job? Do you do anything beyond this message board?

It seems every 3rd post is yours in this thread. I'm just asking, since your lack of social interaction may be the reason why you're so disconnected from critical analysis, sensibility and logic. It just seems like your personality can't survive outside a messageboard.

harSon

Banned
APF said:
The problem's not that I have disagreements, the problem is so many people here want to bring the argument to me as a person; I can have a perfectly civil conversation with people like Bob, or Amir0x, etc, who are beyond trying to attack me personally. I don't want conversations to be about me and how horrible I am for disagreeing with people--a point I've made countless times--yet folks can't help themselves.

We know, you'd rather the conversations be about Obama's 'cult of devoted followers'.

belvedere

Junior Butler
KRS7 said:

This is the problem.

There's obviously situations where playing the devil's advocate is fine, but the constant act of baiting individuals is malicious and he should be held accountable.

Pimpwerx

APF is fine. If everyone agreed on the same thing, there wouldn't be much discussion. I rarely agree with him, but he's entitled to his opinion. PEACE.

RubxQub said:
This would make sense, however these "long back and forths" between APF and victim X usually last pages, and happen all the time.

There is one constant in all of these scenarios however, and that is APF.

For the sanity of the thread, he should be removed.
While I think APF makes plenty of provocative and fallacious remarks.....he still has his rights.

APF is like a 2 note chord, bait and respond with mock indignation. The more you engage him in a way that fuels the indignation the more he enjoys it.

It's time to stop feeding the beast, and give him a big hug.

All these guys claiming APF is ruining the fucking thread. Hell half the fucking posts are in direct response to APF!

If you don't like what he's saying don't acknowledge him. I have some fun with APF because he's taking this about as seriously as I do. He knows Hillary has lost. Right now he's just edging people on because he knows they'll take the bait.

Don't like? Just ignore.

Meanwhile, more posts can be dedicated to him and my secretive liaisons. *giggle*

maynerd

Banned
I don't think APF should be banned. I do wonder how someone would want to be in a place where most if not all people dislike him. I mean I'd rather spend time in places where I'm at the very least respected. Right now he's just a joke.

syllogism

thekad

Banned
It really surprises me that people actually think a Republican has a chance at the White House. I admit McCain is the most worthy adversary to Obama but he still has no chance. Surely I'm not the only one seeing these decidedly Democratic trends, right?

KarishBHR

Im diehard obama fan... but I had an interesting thought today.

Is Hillary staying in good for the party? If she stays in to the end, all of the states will continue to have huge democratic registration and hopefully that will carry Obama to victory in the GE.

No?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom