• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of Tears/Lapel Pins (ScratchingHisCheek-Gate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
GhaleonEB said:
It's NPD, but every day.

I find the overall trend lines interesting.
Totally, I just though it was a funny analogy is all.

I just realized how excited I got when I saw the spike, and realized how odd my reaction was :lol

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
APF said:
Interesting. Your suggestion is that someone who professes themselves to be a certain thing needs to be held to a higher standard of behavior than someone who does not make such claims. Fascinating. Any idea where else such a belief should be applied? One that perhaps has something to do with all of this [looks at thread]?

Anyway, post those links where you praise Hillary and her campaign. You made the claim, you post the links. Or admit you're a hypocrite troll and STFU.

Na, thats fine. To appease you? There's no fucking reason I should do that. I'd rather you comment on the fact that the vast majority of posters in this thread believe you're a troll, and how they could have all possibly come to this conclusion.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Slurpy said:
Na, thats fine. To appease you? There's no fucking reason I should do that. I'd rather you comment on the fact that the vast majority of posters in this thread believe you're a troll, and how they could have all possibly come to this conclusion.

You say fuck a lot

Is that an integral part of your job?

maynerd

Banned
Slurpy said:

You are all delusional and drunk on the obama 'water'.

harSon

Banned
APF you honestly need to look in a mirror. There is nothing wrong with being a Hillary supporter, I'll never condemn someone based solely on preferential reasons. What gets annoying is the fact that you rag on others for being sheep when in actuality you're one yourself.

Tamanon

Banned
harSon said:
APF you honestly need to look in a mirror. There is nothing wrong with being a Hillary supporter, I'll never condemn someone based solely on preferential reasons. What gets annoying is the fact that you rag on others for being sheep when in actuality you're one yourself.

Now now, he's not a sheep, he doesn't actually believe most of what he says:p

harSon

Banned
Tamanon said:
Now now, he's not a sheep, he doesn't actually believe most of what he says:p

Well he tends to blindly follow his candidate like many Obama supporters do. There is absolutely nothing wrong with doing so but it would make sense not to accuse others of doing something that you partake in yourself.

APF

maynerd said:
No, it's just watered-down Kool-Aid.

But I think I proved my point that Slurpy is an insubstantial troll who can only sling insults and can't back anything up, even to show he's less of a hypocrite than he's accusing me of being. Diatribes like Slurpy's here only underscore the point that since this is an Obama stronghold, people who are skeptical of his candidacy are held to an extremely unbalanced level of scrutiny and standard of behavior, that no other poster can themselves adhere to. /cross-to-bear

APF said:

But I think I proved my point that Slurpy is an insubstantial troll who can only sling insults and can't back anything up, even to show he's less of a hypocrite than he's accusing me of being. Diatribes like Slurpy's here only underscore the point that since this is an Obama stronghold, people who are skeptical of his candidacy are held to an extremely unbalanced level of scrutiny and standard of behavior, that no other poster can themselves adhere to. /cross-to-bear
You throw around the word hypocrite like you aren't one.

APF

maynerd said:

harSon: who are you to question my integrity? Show me where you criticize Obama, and praise Hillary.

harSon

Banned
APF said:

The only thing you've managed to do is solidify the notion that you're a troll. Why don't you supply the very same information you asked for.

harSon: who are you to question my integrity? Show me where you criticize Obama, and praise Hillary.

I compliment Hillary very little but then again I've never argued otherwise.

APF

harSon said:
The only thing you've managed to do is solidify the notion that you're a troll. Why don't you supply the very same information you asked for.
Just look back last night, to my conversation with Ami. Now you put up or STFU. Seriously guys, it's hilarious that you're calling me a sheep. Troll, asshole, ok, I can see that. But sheep? Look in the mirror guys.

Dahellisdat: how am I a hypocrite? You've done nothing but attack me personally; isn't that a hypocritical stance for someone who is allegedly supporting someone who is against the politics of personal destruction, and argues for bringing political debate to a higher level?

harSon: so you confess, you're in no position to judge my integrity. Apology accepted.

harSon

Banned
APF said:
Just look back last night, to my conversation with Ami. Now you put up or STFU. Seriously guys, it's hilarious that you're calling me a sheep. Troll, asshole, ok, I can see that. But sheep? Look in the mirror guys.

I'm well aware of the fact that I'm heavily biased. I support Obama and dislike Hillary, these preferences will show up in my posts a lot. I've never argued otherwise nor have I condemned another member based solely on their support for Hillary.

Tamanon

Banned
http://www.jabberwonk.com/flinker.cfm?cliid=d1fow

John McCain's temper is well documented. He's called opponents and colleagues "shitheads," "assholes" and in at least one case "a fucking jerk."

But a new book on the presumptive Republican nominee will air perhaps the most shocking angry exchange to date.

The Real McCain by Cliff Schecter, which will arrive in bookstores next month, reports an angry exchange between McCain and his wife that happened in full view of aides and reporters during a 1992 campaign stop. An advance copy of the book was obtained by RAW STORY.
Three reporters from Arizona, on the condition of anonymity, also let me in on another incident involving McCain�s intemperateness. In his 1992 Senate bid, McCain was joined on the campaign trail by his wife, Cindy, as well as campaign aide Doug Cole and consultant Wes Gullett. At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain's hair and said, "You're getting a little thin up there." McCain's face reddened, and he responded, "At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you cunt." McCain's excuse was that it had been a long day. If elected president of the United States, McCain would have many long days.

Good lord!

APF

I just think it's funny that I'm being attacked for (apparently) suggesting there's a herd mentality in the support of Obama here, and yet when I say, ok, demonstrate you have a bit of intellectual independence, everyone's immediately turning around and saying, uh I never said I did! I said uh... other people might uh... TROLL TROLL YOU ARE TROLL

Edit: according to NPR's "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me," one of McCain's HS nicknames was "McNasty."

harSon

Banned
APF said:

Dahellisdat: how am I a hypocrite? You've done nothing but attack me personally; isn't that a hypocritical stance for someone who is allegedly supporting someone who is against the politics of personal destruction, and argues for bringing political debate to a higher level?

harSon: so you confess, you're in no position to judge my integrity. Apology accepted.

Like I previously stated, I'm well aware of my situation. Apparently you have the idea that you're a well grounded and unbiased individual when in actuality the exact opposite is true. Pointing out other people's faults is not going to change this.

APF

I never said I didn't have a clear and obvious preference (Obama might have been my third or fourth choice for a Dem nom) but no one can say I share the irrational and emotional tie to my candidate that many people here have for theirs. My support is emotionally-grounded and reality-based, and I defy anyone to prove otherwise. As weak a proof it should be in a perfect world, the mere fact that apparently no one here can point to places where they've praised their opponent or criticized their candidate points to the legitimacy of my point.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
APF said:
I never said I didn't have a clear and obvious preference, but no one can say I share the irrational and emotional tie to my candidate that many people here have for theirs. My support is emotionally-grounded and reality-based, and I defy anyone to prove otherwise.
You must hate GAF's 60 second reply limit.

I think you've added about 0% to this thread in your last 15 posts.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Tamanon said:

:lol I'd feel bad for his wife if she wasn't, in fact, a frakkin' Cylon.

McCain-feat-Nav-de.jpg

Even Baltar would kick her creepy ass outta his head.

harSon

Banned
APF said:
I never said I didn't have a clear and obvious preference, but no one can say I share the irrational and emotional tie to my candidate that many people here have for theirs. My support is emotionally-grounded and reality-based, and I defy anyone to prove otherwise.

If by emotionally-grounded and reality-based you mean hypocritical, then sure, I agree whole heartedly.

guess

GaimeGuy said:
APF is like the Drinky of gaf politics.

I don't get some people. It seems like they are so annoyed, yet they keep replying, giving the one they are annoyed with even more ammo. This is for all threads, not just this one.

But it does provide me with much entertainment though.

belvedere

Junior Butler
APF said:
I never said I didn't have a clear and obvious preference (Obama might have been my third or fourth choice for a Dem nom) but no one can say I share the irrational and emotional tie to my candidate that many people here have for theirs. My support is emotionally-grounded and reality-based, and I defy anyone to prove otherwise. As weak a proof it should be in a perfect world, the mere fact that apparently no one here can point to places where they've praised their opponent or criticized their candidate points to the legitimacy of my point.

You're definitely the best.

Just ask you!

APF

RubxQub said:
You must hate GAF's 60 second reply limit.

I think you've added about 0% to this thread in your last 15 posts.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10539860&postcount=6349

Is a really interesting article. Also, I posted a factual tidbit about John McCain.

harSon: put up or shut up. Right now, you're admitting you're a hypocrite by forcing upon me a higher standard of behavior than you place yourself. Seriously, back up your trolling or back the fuck down. I think even you can live up to the standard of behavior that you need to support your claims.

syllogism

I'm siding with APF on this as for GAF demographic having an emotional tie to Hillary is rather improbable.

He may be a troll, but at least he does it with style. Not intending to vote for Obama in GE is, however, likely intellectually dishonest.

pxleyes

Banned
APF said:
The fact that you are baiting Obama supporters is proof enough. Whether the ones you bait may or may not have rational reasons for supporting him is none of your business nor your concern. You have no obligation to expose such people and all you do is further prove that you are a troll with the sole purpose of baiting other users.

RubxQub said:
Do you take everything so literally? :lol
"When God said, 'Let there be light' he just went *click (light switch)*"

harSon

Banned
APF said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10539860&postcount=6349

Is a really interesting article. Also, I posted a factual tidbit about John McCain.

harSon: put up or shut up. Right now, you're admitting you're a hypocrite by forcing upon me a higher standard of behavior than you place yourself. Seriously, back up your trolling or back the fuck down. I think even you can live up to the standard of behavior that you need to support your claims.

I'm not going to bother justifying something I've admitted. How about you jump off your towering horse and come to realization that you're no different then the people you criticize on a daily basis.

APF

Aah, so I'm a hypocrite because I have substantial disagreements with people and talk about those disagreements even though I'm not contractually obligated to do so.

On a message board.

harSon: because you are unable to back that claim up, period.

harSon

Banned
APF said:
Aah, so I'm a hypocrite because I have substantial disagreements with people and talk about those disagreements even though I'm not contractually obligated to do so.

On a message board.

No, you're a hypocrite because you condemn others for taking part in things you personally practice.

pxleyes

Banned
APF said:

On a message board.
I never called you a hypocrite. Please learn to read.

There is a difference between talking about differences and simply baiting those differences to cause nothing but unrest.

Interesting article on Emmanuel possibly being the king maker. Dude is a badass

Rahm Emanuel has been described as a street fighter with a killer instinct—as explosive, profane, wired and ruthless—sometimes as a compliment, sometimes not. But no one has ever cast him in the role of elder statesman, at least up until now. Emanuel, a 48-year-old congressman who grew up, somewhat weirdly, to study ballet and practice Chicago politics, has generally adapted to his situation in a combative, not diplomatic, manner. As an indifferent high-school student, he badly cut his finger on the beef-slicing machine at Arby's. That night, after his high-school prom, he jumped into Lake Michigan. The tip of his finger became infected and he nearly died. Ever since, Emanuel has relished raising his hacked-off middle figure at his foes. In conversation with almost anyone about anything, Emanuel uses the F word like a sergeant in a World War II motor pool.

"He's in a good position," says Axelrod. "He's very, very close with Barack and is very close with the Clintons. He thinks of Barack as a peer, but he's very mindful and respectful of the Clintons." The only uncommitted superdelegate from Illinois, Emanuel has been joking for months that he is "hiding under his desk." Last week he told NEWSWEEK that he is not ready to play Barry Goldwater, and doesn't think he'll need to. "I may, but there's as good a chance I may not have to," he says. With perhaps more hope than the realism for which he is generally known, Emanuel continued: "I have confidence in both of my friends that they will be good Democrats. Both candidates will do what's necessary to help the party. Neither wants to be seen as a spoiler … They [the Clintons] are dear friends, and they have been selfless in their commitment to Democratic Party ideals."

Joe Sinsheimer, an old friend of Emanuel's and onetime staffer on the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, tells NEWSWEEK that Emanuel can't serve as a broker because the Clintons don't totally trust him, in large part due to his alliance with Axelrod. Emanuel has always been closer to Bill than Hillary. Indeed, Hillary tried to get Emanuel fired as a White House aide in 1993 (reportedly because he was too abrasive with others), but Emanuel refused to leave until the president personally told him to pack his bags. Bill couldn't bring himself to do it. Sinsheimer says that Emanuel may have selfish reasons for wanting to stay uninvolved and avoid playing the role of party elder. "Rahm has his own ambitions," says Sinsheimer. If he runs for Speaker in four or six years, "why does he want to have 5, 10, 15 people on one side of this chasm or another mad at him over something?"

Certainly, there is nothing bland about Emanuel and never has been. Although he once won a summer scholarship with the Joffrey Ballet, he preferred the combat of politics. As a Democratic Party official, he once sent a pollster who was late delivering polling results a dead fish in a box. Old Clinton hands still laugh about the night after Bill Clinton won the 1992 presidential election. In his book, "The Thumpin': How Rahm Emanuel and the Democrats Learned to Be Ruthless and Ended the Republican Revolution," Chicago Tribune deputy Washington bureau chief Naftali Bendavid writes that, as about a score of them sat around a picnic table mushily declaring their love for one another, Emanuel picked up a knife and called out the names of different politicians who had "f–––ed us." After each name, Emanuel would cry out, "Dead man!"—and stab the knife into the table. Bendavid recounts that "Emanuel, jokingly called 'Rahmbo,' even by his mother, muscled weaker Democrats out of races in favor of stronger ones, and ridiculed the chairman of his own party."
:lol
http://www.newsweek.com/id/130605/page/2

harSon

Banned
APF said:

On a message board.

harSon: because you are unable to back that claim up, period.

Click on APF
Find more posts by APF

There is your proof.

pxleyes

Banned
APF said:
Please learn not to argue red herrings then.
Wat? So you are admitting you are trolling? Shocker.

For someone who takes nearly ever word spoken at face value you sure do hate it when others do the same.

mashoutposse

Ante Up
Anyone who can't find much fault in Tiger Woods' golf game is a Tiger Woods fanboy and is drinking the Kool-Aid.

APF: A black man named Barack Hussein Obama is pulling off a monumental upset and is beating the Clintons because he and his team are running a near flawless campaign. Thus, not many criticisms. Did anyone really need to tell you this?

SRG01 said:
I don't see how they are stupid comments as he is pretty spot on about the change in sentiments of the Clintons from the 90s to now.

My problem is with the whole slave connotation thing, which is ignorant.

APF

harSon said:
Click on APF
Find more posts by APF

There is your proof.
That's not a proof that I'm an alleged hypocrite. What you're experiencing right now is called, "cognitive dissonance." You see, the idea that I'm somehow not as "bad" as you in this way causes you emotional pain, because you hate me so much that to admit this would cause you to reevaluate your own judgment of yourself. Therefore, in order to maintain your self-image, you need to convince yourself of something you admit you have no evidence to support. It's quite sad, really.

pxleyes: I have no idea what you mean in that reply.

mashoutposse: I agree, they've run a nearly flawless campaign, in comparison to Hillary's abysmal campaign. Still, that does not make a convincing argument that there isn't a herd mentality here, as there are still plenty of things to criticize him for, or be skeptical about. If you want examples, just ask. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom