• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think this is a pretty good speech actually. But, like, it's American Idol when the contestant gives their best performance after they've been voted off :lol

Gaborn

Y2Kev said:
I think this is a pretty good speech actually. But, like, it's American Idol when the contestant gives their best performance after they've been voted off :lol

It's a pretty good speech, but I think Hillary is using the opportunity to make her case for VP.

Sharp

I feel like some of these examples would have been better for an Obama concession speech, but still good nonetheless.

avaya

captmcblack said:
I won't lie...this is kinda cool.

Why did she have to be such a bitch for the campaign? Then maybe I wouldn't mind her as VP.

She had absolute cretins in charge of her campaign.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
This would be the seventh stage of tragedy, rite?

Seriously, this is a good speech. She's really slamming it home that her supporters need to put Obama in the White House.

sangreal

Y2Kev said:

I give it a B. Points off for not mentioning McCain and how he does not share her values

I really, really like this speech. This is probably the best speech I've ever heard of hers and it's not just the Obama praise. Her anecdotes and historical insight have been very, very effective.

camineet

Banned
Bulla564 said:
I think she riled up feminists with that last part. It smells of presidential bid in 2012.

Not possible, Obama will be re-elected in 2012.

She can try in 2016 tho, when she's too old and tired :)

Sharp

C'mon GAF, lay off Hillary at this point, now that Hillary is focusing on unity, so should we. And by "we" I do mean "those of us who support Obama," not necessarily our libertarian, Republican, and Green (are there any of you?) compatriots.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
sangreal said:
I give it a B. Points off for not mentioning McCain and how he does not share her values

this is the problem, its a great speach for mending fences, but she needed to blast McCain.

Sharp

Cheebs said:
no attacks on mccain?
Don't worry, I'm sure they're coming. Especially his abortion record is going to be brought up plenty of times, enough that most feminists will think twice before considering casting their vote for him.

StoOgE

teiresias said:
I'm not sure they would fit into the tone of this speech. I'm sure she'll be doing it soon enough at other events.

she really could work them in easily. Just say "I stand for Universal health care, so does Obama, McCain sucks donkey shit and doesnt like it", but she probably wanted an upbeat speach, so left it out. I'm sure its coming later.

Hilary is 44 is hysterical. From the front page-

"NOvember will come soon enough and we will vote for Hillary; No one else but Hillary. We will encourage others to do the same.

We won’t be alone in that decision- vote for Hillary - Not Big Media, Not Big Media Tool Obama. We will also NOT vote for any candidate who endorsed Obama over Hillary during the primary season. We will encourage as many Democrats as possible to follow our lead."

:lol

The denial is sickening.

avaya

quietcrown said:
A fine cut from Hillaryis44...The racism is amazing.

'Can a women be commander in chief? well we answered that one and can a black man be elected president? Obama answered that one.'

You reading that out of context. She said that in her speech.

She is totally kicking ass in this speech. Obama helped write it the night of his visit maybe :p

A lot of it sounds like straight out of his playbook.

On a serious note this is a fantastic speech though and I feel nobody can be left thinking she doesn't want Obama to win that White House. Major kudos to Hilary Rodham Clinton!

After this speech, I say Obama makes her his VP. She has made a damn good case for herself here. If her and Obama combine together after this speech, there is absolutely nothing that will stop Obama from becoming this Country's next President.

He will get a noticeable boost in polls, but with Hilary? McCain will be flat out smothered.

I'm feeling a bit disappointed that she didn't go after McCain some in her speech, but I assume she's saving that for later on.

teiresias

One speech does not erase the fact that both her and Bill would be in the white house and putting pressure on policy decisions if she were the VP. It shouldn't happen, and I hope it doesn't.

Cheebs

When can we start noticing a boost in the gallup daily tracking polls? He has only gained 1 point on mccain so far as of yesterdays poll.

avaya

She did exactly what I expected her to do today, 100% on the bandwagon.

Chelsea Clinton will probably be the first Woman President because Barack is gonna win 2008 and 2012!

While this was an excellent speech, it's hard for me to discount everything that the Clintons did during this campaign to make me lose trust in them. I just don't know that I could trust her as VP, but I admit that it would sting a bit less after hearing that.

StoOgE

CowboyAstronaut said:
After this speech, I say Obama makes her his VP. She has made a damn good case for herself here. If her and Obama combine together after this speech, there is absolutely nothing that will stop Obama from becoming this Country's next President.

I think she made a deal for supreme court justice myself.

Gaborn

StoOgE said:

I don't see the Senate confirming her for that, under... just about any circumstances, EVEN if the Democrats controlled 60 senate seats.

camineet

Banned
avaya said:
She did exactly what I expected her to do today, 100% on the bandwagon.

Chelsea Clinton will probably be the first Woman President because Barack is gonna win 2008 and 2012!

I'd admit, Chelsea has a HUGE chance of being the first woman president. just like Bill helped Hillary, Hillary will be helping Chelsea. That's a really scary thought that Chelsea might do it.

Will she be 35 by 2016?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
StoOgE said:

Gee whiz would that ever be a bad idea. It'd be a brutal fuckup of a confirmation hearing, she'd be the most partisan nominee in a lifetime, she'd be one of the few non-judge nominees ever--and even most of those have been far more prominently involved in law that she was.

Fireblend

Banned
She spoke well. I guess after all I wouldn't mind that much her being VP, specially if that means appeasing those sickos at Hillaryis44... still, well spoken, it did sound like Obama helped her with it, can't wait to see more from her, after this she's gonna be a major force in Obama's campaign.

teiresias

StoOgE said:

Wouldn't surprise me, but I worry that may become another Miers-style debacle. Has she done anything in law that would qualify her for a position on the court? Sure, she's a lawyer, but that's not really the most important thing for Supreme Court appointments, and depending on the makeup of the congress would it be a sure thing she'd be confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom