• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangreal

Cheebs said:
Taylor Marsh, the key anti-obama site in the primaries after Hillaryis44 has this in big words on it now:

"
SUPPORT SENATOR OBAMA TODAY. SIGN UP NOW AND TOGETHER WE CAN WRITE THE NEXT CHAPTER IN AMERICA'S HISTORY"

And you know what? Watching that speech I was watching it like I watched Obama's. For the first time in YEARS I watched Hillary with excitement. It felt...weird
She was just quoting that message from Hillaryclinton.com although TM has been supporting Obama for a few days now

That said, have you read the comments?

She can't leave the Democratic Party but I have! She is great her speech was gracious but now I still will never vote for The Racist hoodwinker bamboozler terrorist lovin back stabbin liar Never!
She gave us the signal. Fight for what is right. She can't fight them all by herself. We have to do it for her.

Take it to Denver.

This is America.
We have a Democracy.
We are willing to fight for it.

America 2008
Democracy 2008
President Hillary Rodham Clinton 2008
INSTEAD OF BOOING THEY SHOULD BE BOOING AND SCREAMING DENVER. SHE HAS TO GIVE THIS ROBOT SPEECH. SHE DOESN'T MEAN IT PERIOD. SHE WAS FORCED INTO A CORNER AND DESTROYED BY MSM AND MONEY.
etc

Lefty42o

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
sheeesh seems like you guys are ready to give her VP over this one speech

no, but i now support if obama puts her on the ticket cause she has shown she is a true democrat and team player with this speech.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
(transcript paraphrased liberally):

CNN: WAS SHE GUNNING FOR THE VP SLOT?
Terry McAuliffe: No, she was reminding her supports what an amazing campaign it's been and trying to help unite the party.

CNN: YEAH BUT SHE SAID "TOGETHER" DOES THAT MEAN SHE'S AUDITIONING
Terry McAuliffe: Look, some people would like her to be VP, but that's Obama's choice. She was not campaigning for VP with this speech.

CNN: WILL SHE CAMPAIGN LESS HARD IF SHE IS NOT THE VP?
Terry McAuliffe: Look, NO. Fuck off, guys.

Sharp

Shirokun said:
You should read the comments underneath them. The people there are saying that Hillary was "forced" into giving this speech, and they will never vote for the "lesser" candidate. These people are truly nuts!
I started reading the comments and soon realized that there were only about four people commenting over and over, with a few others posting in between. Nutjobs like that are not going to play a significant part in the election process.
Lefty42o said:
no, but i now support if obama puts her on the ticket cause she has shown she is a true democrat and team player with this speech.
Lefty! Where have you been these last few days?

GhaleonEB

Lefty42o said:
But she was the exact opposite before the speech. It was good, but that doesn't make her a good veep pick.

sangreal

Stumpokapow said:
(transcript paraphrased liberally):

CNN: WAS SHE GUNNING FOR THE VP SLOT?
Terry McAuliffe: No, she was reminding her supports what an amazing campaign it's been and trying to help unite the party.

CNN: YEAH BUT SHE SAID "TOGETHER" DOES THAT MEAN SHE'S AUDITIONING
Terry McAuliffe: Look, some people would like her to be VP, but that's Obama's choice. She was not campaigning for VP with this speech.

CNN: WILL SHE CAMPAIGN LESS HARD IF SHE IS NOT THE VP?
Terry McAuliffe: Look, NO. Fuck off, guys.
Yeah, John King should really stick to playing with maps.

Cheebs

TODAYS GALLUP!!!!

080607DailyUpdateGraph1_u7y8t5.gif

No bump yet. :(

Hootie

Amir0x said:
Chuck Todd Wizard and God of Holy Church of Trinity and Might and Christ should abandon MSNBC and form his own network, which would feature only Chuck Todd all day, every day 24/7.

*FAP FAP FAP*

Oh man I'm so happy right now.

We can do this shit!!

Also: Hillaryis44 is on SUPER-SUICIDE watch right now.

GhaleonEB

The Gallup has been weird. Every other poll has Obama ahead at least 3 points, some wider. Rasmussen had a 5-point bump for Obama as well.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Lefty42o said:

Yeah my wife and I came to this same conclusion yesterday. While I wouldn't be thrilled with her as the VP, in the end I would tolerate it if it was determined this was a much stronger way of ensuring Obama gets in the Whitehouse.

Cheebs said:
TODAYS GALLUP!!!!

080607DailyUpdateGraph1_u7y8t5.gif

No bump yet. :(
Amir0x, and whoever else has been campaigning for Obama, listen up!

Some people believe the Democrats will win in a landslide. But I assure you, ASSURE YOU, that all the republicans I have spoken to that are a part of my life have come up with a variety of ridiculous reasons why Mccain is better than Obama. And these are 20 somethings, maybe a little older. Do not underestimate the power of cult logic. They still believe that Mccain is older, wiser, and more seasoned because he is a vet, when a majority of the ones I have talked to (without taking a hard line stance against what they are saying) do not have ANY justification for why they believe that to be the case.

Make no mistake. It is going to take an amazing energy and an amazing effort to elect Barack Obama. This energy and effort will have to be derived from young, old, and Clinton herself. The reason this energy and effort is required is that there are a number of divisions which have to be destroyed before we elect Obama. These include: 1. Race. 2. Conservative vs. liberal. 3. Old vs. young. 4. Rich vs. poor.

He represents all these people, but he hasn't necessarily CONVINCED all these people.

Lastly, I would say that I myself have considered helping out in his campaign because I really feel as though I identify with him. I don't know what I feel would be the best role for myself though. I am much more of a strategic person, a speech giver, than I am a door to door campaign salesman. I'm not sure that, aside from money, I would really be able to contribute. However, any suggestions would be helpful!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
CNN is now interviewing Carl Bernstein. They asked him the same question twice in a row.

Q: What did you think of the speech?
A: Clinton spent most of her campaign saying Obama is not qualified. She'll obviously have to go forward at this point and deal with that. Let me tell you about the history of this building--bla bla bla architect designed the building bla bla bla statue of a black soldier (what the fuck?) anyway Cnow she's going to have to keep reassuring people that the wounds of the primary can be healed.

Q: So how would you rank this speech?
A: She's taking the first steps but she's going to have to keep clearing up some of the not-nice things her and Bill said about Obama during the primary.

TheKingsCrown said:
I don't know what I feel would be the best role for myself though. I am much more of a strategic person, a speech giver, than I am a door to door campaign salesman. I'm not sure that, aside from money, I would really be able to contribute. However, any suggestions would be helpful!

Are you a registered Democrat?

theBishop said:
Is anyone else seeing Terry Mcauliffe's shirt? It looks like he's just about to hop on a plane to Hawaii.
Ignore Terry.

He's been drinking since 6 a.m.

Tyrone Slothrop said:
so.. now can some of you admit that you were wrong about hillary the power hungry bitch who'd stop at nothing to prevent obama from being elected?
Damn Tyrone, that sounded really sexist.

Haha, funny stuff... my name is Tyrone.

Lefty42o

Banned
Sharp said:
I started reading the comments and soon realized that there were only about four people commenting over and over, with a few others posting in between. Nutjobs like that are not going to play a significant part in the election process.

Lefty! Where have you been these last few days?

since we bought our home i have spent very little time inside. i used to be a hermit now i try to go outside and work in the yard or just take walks, and visit my neighbors and new friends. today is to damn hot to be out so here i am in back in my chair.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
HAHAHAHAAH

John King, after just being told by Terry fucking McAuliffe "Drop this fucking VP angle, that's not what this was" ten minutes ago, just did a little talking head segment where he proclaimed that Hillary is officially pitching herself for VP.

Stumpokapow said:
CNN is now interviewing Carl Bernstein. They asked him the same question twice in a row.

Q: What did you think of the speech?
A: Clinton spent most of her campaign saying Obama is not qualified. She'll obviously have to go forward at this point and deal with that. Let me tell you about the history of this building--bla bla bla architect designed the building bla bla bla statue of a black soldier (what the fuck?) anyway Cnow she's going to have to keep reassuring people that the wounds of the primary can be healed.

Q: So how would you rank this speech?
A: She's taking the first steps but she's going to have to keep clearing up some of the not-nice things her and Bill said about Obama during the primary.

Are you a registered Democrat?

Independent.

Hootie

Tyrone Slothrop said:
so.. now can some of you admit that you were wrong about hillary the power hungry bitch who'd stop at nothing to prevent obama from being elected?

I, and no doubt many on this site and across the country, still despise her for her smear tactics and negative campaigning. Until Obama takes the Oath next year I will not change my opinion on her. She ran an absolutely disgusting campaign I cannot forgive her for that. She should've conceded long ago but just kept pushing it and changing the "goal posts".

Tamanon said:
o_O, Chuck Todd is actually going to be on Meet the Press tomorrow? That's new! I think his stock has grown this election cycle big-time.
Certainly from my perspective he's come a long way. Before I started paying big attention to the primaries, he was just a guy I saw sometimes that I thought kinda looked like Lucas from Days of Our Lives with a beard.

20080607dattod.gif

Hootie

JoshuaJSlone said:
Certainly from my perspective he's come a long way. Before I started paying big attention to the primaries, he was just a guy I saw sometimes that I thought kinda looked like Lucas from Days of Our Lives with a beard.

20080607dattod.gif

:lol I fucking love Chuck Todd. I'd almost consider going gay for this Man-God. His power so great and his judgment (math) is so far above our level of intelligence we inferior beings may never hope to comprehend his perfection.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
TheKingsCrown said:
Independent.

Well, that pretty much disqualifies you for anything more substantial than a door-to-door canvasser or phone bank worker. Virtually all of the general election campaign infrastructure goes through the DNC hierarchy.

sangreal

Tyrone Slothrop said:

and they accuse Obama supporters of putting too much stock in speeches :lol

Hillary just spent months dragging Obama's name through the mud, convincing her supporters that he is racist, sexist and unqualified to be President. This was after she was all but eliminated mathematically. No, listening to her yell WE MUST ELECT BARACK OBAMA AS PRESIDENT a few times does not make me think she is any less selfish

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I was out this morning.

How was Hillary's speech. She didn't claim popular vote or do one of the non-concession concessions, did she?

Odrion

Banned
hokahey said:
Wow. You're as bad as the Hillaryis44 crowd.
Hootie said:
I, and no doubt many on this site and across the country, still despise her for her smear tactics and negative campaigning. Until Obama takes the Oath next year I will not change my opinion on her. She ran an absolutely disgusting campaign I cannot forgive her for that. She should've conceded long ago but just kept pushing it and changing the "goal posts".
yeah, looking at this list (some goon wrote it up throughout the nomination process)
i would be the first woman president, that's real change
35 years of experience
sniper fire
mark penn
flag burning
kyl-lieberman
defending iraq authorization
DLC
obama is elitist, says the rich yale lady
...as far as I know
yes she can
it took president lyndon johnson to sign the civil rights act into law
geraldine ferraro
commander in chief threshhold
"dream ticket"
attempted and actual caucus strongarming
mccain is ready, i am ready, obama has a speech
cannot win without inciting schism
might incite schism anyway
i did not support nafta (supported nafta)
shame on you barack obama
^^^that fucking red suit i bet someone calculated that to look more aggressive
putin has no soul (putin: "at minimum, a head of state should have a head")
harold ickes
campaign debt to small businesses
continuing to raise hopes and solicit donations for a campaign she cannot win
what if the republicans bring up his COCAINE use
change agent
most states not "significant"
after losing iowa caucuses: caucuses are undemocratic
hillary 4 u & me
hillary leaves the band
^ none of her youtubes have comments enabled
victory celebration in florida
did not withdraw name from ballot in michigan
seat florida and michigan delegates or the people will be disenfranchised
obama wants to disenfranchise you
superdelegates please override the popular vote
pledged delegates are not technically pledged
*cries* ...some of us are ready, and some of us aren't
corporate board of walmart
hour-long waste of cash on Lifetime
no planning beyond super tuesday
speeches don't put food on the table *loans self 5 mil from speech mioney*
i'm the only candidate offering universal health care (its not UHC, also kucinich/gravel)
if MY pastor had said such things
oozing entitlement out of every pore of her smug face
lobbyists are "real americans"
PAC money
mysterious clinton library contributions
fucked over health care once already
brought peace to ireland
no full repeal of DOMA
loyalty > competence
bush/clinton/bush/clinton
bringing up Hamas and Farrakhan at debates
automatic delegates"
making attack ads on the "bitter" comments
Fucking asshole fucking asshole fucking asshole fucking asshole fucking selfish asshole DISAPPEAR FOREVER PLEASE.

camineet

Banned
sangreal said:
Hillary just spent months dragging Obama's name through the mud, convincing her supporters that he is racist, sexist and unqualified to be President. This was after she was all but eliminated mathematically. No, listening to her yell WE MUST ELECT BARACK OBAMA AS PRESIDENT a few times does not make me think she is any less selfish

IAWTP 100%

Wholeheartedly.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
DarienA said:
Yeah my wife and I came to this same conclusion yesterday. While I wouldn't be thrilled with her as the VP, in the end I would tolerate it if it was determined this was a much stronger way of ensuring Obama gets in the Whitehouse.

Exactly

Odrion

Banned
Hootie said:
:lol I fucking love Chuck Todd. I'd almost consider going gay for this Man-God. His power so great and his judgment (math) is so far above our level of intelligence we inferior beings may never hope to comprehend his perfection.
Chuck Todd should be vice president, the combination of him and Obama's intelligence would enable physic abilities.

camineet

Banned
i would be the first woman president, that's real change
35 years of experience
sniper fire
mark penn
flag burning
kyl-lieberman
defending iraq authorization
DLC
obama is elitist, says the rich yale lady
...as far as I know
yes she can
it took president lyndon johnson to sign the civil rights act into law
geraldine ferraro
commander in chief threshhold
"dream ticket"
attempted and actual caucus strongarming
mccain is ready, i am ready, obama has a speech
cannot win without inciting schism
might incite schism anyway
i did not support nafta (supported nafta)
shame on you barack obama
^^^that fucking red suit i bet someone calculated that to look more aggressive
putin has no soul (putin: "at minimum, a head of state should have a head")
harold ickes
campaign debt to small businesses
continuing to raise hopes and solicit donations for a campaign she cannot win
what if the republicans bring up his COCAINE use
change agent
most states not "significant"
after losing iowa caucuses: caucuses are undemocratic
hillary 4 u & me
hillary leaves the band
^ none of her youtubes have comments enabled
victory celebration in florida
did not withdraw name from ballot in michigan
seat florida and michigan delegates or the people will be disenfranchised
obama wants to disenfranchise you
superdelegates please override the popular vote
pledged delegates are not technically pledged
*cries* ...some of us are ready, and some of us aren't
corporate board of walmart
hour-long waste of cash on Lifetime
no planning beyond super tuesday
speeches don't put food on the table *loans self 5 mil from speech mioney*
i'm the only candidate offering universal health care (its not UHC, also kucinich/gravel)
if MY pastor had said such things
oozing entitlement out of every pore of her smug face
lobbyists are "real americans"
PAC money
mysterious clinton library contributions
fucked over health care once already
brought peace to ireland
no full repeal of DOMA
loyalty > competence
bush/clinton/bush/clinton
bringing up Hamas and Farrakhan at debates
automatic delegates"
making attack ads on the "bitter" comments

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

thumbs up to whoever put that together.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
You know, looking at the speech notes (And watching bit on the MSNBC replay) I am surprised Clinton didn't take the easy out.

I REALLY expected her to claim that she knew for months that she would not win, but that she stayed in the race and attacked Obama to temper him into a stronger candidate.

Obviously I don't think that's why she did stay in, but i do think that Obama IS a stronger candidate because of the pressure Hillary put on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom