• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Do they even bother to read/look at the pages before they publish them? :lol

Chichikov

thekad said:
Omg, someone made a mistake; this disqualifies them from everything!

(didn't actually watch the video)
It doesn’t disqualify him, but his repeated mistakes in regards of foreign nations put his supposed strength in experience and readiness in question.
Plus, it’s funny.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Was Putin even in Germany?

ratcliffja said:
OK I still have no clue what is wrong here. Business is spelled correctly. What else could it be?

It was changed

thekad

Banned
Chichikov said:
It doesn’t disqualify him, but his repeated mistakes in regards of foreign nations put his supposed strength in experience and readiness in question.
Plus, it’s funny.
His repeated confusion on the inner-workings of Iraq and Iran should disquaify him. This is just petty.

But yeah, his many gaffes are comical.

Thank goodness, I was about to go nuts there. Did they originally spell it "busness" or something?

Edit: I don't discount somebody on a few simple errors. If Bush was only infamous for his awkwardness and his questionable vocabulary, I wouldn't have a problem with him. Eloquence is nice, but it's not essential for a president.

gcubed

ratcliffja said:
Thank goodness, I was about to go nuts there. Did they originally spell it "busness" or something?

Edit: I don't discount somebody on a few simple errors. If Bush was only infamous for his awkwardness and his questionable vocabulary, I wouldn't have a problem with him. Eloquence is nice, but it's not essential for a president.

was spelled buisness

PHOTOS: BARACK OBAMA visits Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, MO, June 10. 2008

capt.26ad94bf42f24c28962c3c1a15e1f795.obama_2008_moab101.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama D-Ill. talks with registered nurse Kate Marzluf as he follows her during her rounds at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis Tuesday, June 10, 2008.
(AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

capt.934a6d9cb37c4cf89de38841221afdb8.obama_2008_moab118.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama D-Ill., gives thumbs up as registered nurse Kate Marzluf speaks to the media, Tuesday, June 10, 2008, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
(AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

capt.44baebf8a5cf4c5fa7f5e53ccfd5fa9e.aptopix_obama_2008_moab107.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama D-Ill., talks to Shelby Davis, 17, from Mineral Point, Mo., Tuesday, June 10, 2008, as he follows registered nurse Kate Marzluf, not shown, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

capt.7cb580a1ef91450ebf7449e01fe6eff6.obama_2008_moab103.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama D-Ill., talks with Raymond Bisher, from St. John, Mo., Tuesday, June 10, 2008, as he follows registered nurse Kate Marzluf at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

capt.5bb4eaca77fa4ddfb8651beaef28d5e6.obama_2008_moab117.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama D-Ill. speaks to the media, Tuesday, June 10, 2008, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

capt.17178d321cd4451987ca0899fb4bff1f.obama_2008_moab122.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama D-Ill., climbs the stairs as he boards his charter plane at Lambert St. Louis International airport in St. Louis, Mo., Tuesday, June 10, 2008.
(AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Shelby Davis, eh?

*jots down name*

Hootie

Olbermann has a Constitutional Law Expert on talking about Kucinich's Articles. At least SOMEBODY'S giving this some public airtime.

thekad

Banned
typhonsentra said:
So "Well-Off" has moved from 200k to 250k?
I don't know, guy. When you're putting your seven kids through Yale with no loans or grants, and paying for your mother's chemotherapy, and juggling the mortgages of your vacation homes, how much is 250k, really?

I hope people are watching CNBC right now. It really angers me when the right and McShame continually says Obama wants to raise taxes on everyone. Obama just said small investors wouldn't have their capital gains tax raised.

I guess the only problem most economists have is that raising taxes during such a crisis the economy is currently shaped in is a bad idea. =\

NewLib

Banned
I dont think McCain will lose Arizona, but I believe Democrats will be much stronger among Hispanics in the next election.

NewLib said:
I dont think McCain will lose Arizona, but I believe Democrats will be much stronger among Hispanics in the next election.
I'm pretty positive he won't, but NV and NM are very much in play, and CO is looking like an Obama win. The Southwest is going blue, methinks.

icarus-daedelus said:
I'm pretty positive he won't, but NV and NM are very much in play, and CO is looking like an Obama win. The Southwest is going blue, methinks.

I hear you talking but the gas prices here, his stance on immigration, and a very successful Democratic voter drive are going to make him have to work. The further this election gets from Clinton and the more it is Obama and McCain I see it as a done deal.

Quickly you guys!

The entire Boston Celtics and LA Lakers teams aren't putting their hands on their chest during the star spangled banner. Are they terrorist?

Sharp

I have no idea why you're all so delighted by McCain's gaffes but so horrified when anyone laughs at Obama's. Well, I do have a pretty good idea, but I think it's kind of hypocritical. There are plenty of legitimate reasons not to think McCain would be a good president, but an accidental slip in January is not one of them.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Sharp said:
I have no idea why you're all so delighted by McCain's gaffes but so horrified when anyone laughs at Obama's. Well, I do have a pretty good idea, but I think it's kind of hypocritical. There are plenty of legitimate reasons not to think McCain would be a good president, but an accidental slip in January is not one of them.
the man revolves his campaign on his purported foreign policy experience.

the laughter is very well justified.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
Sharp said:
No one really thinks that. It's just fun to make jokes about the other side. I'm sure you'll see plenty of Obama jokes at free republic.

maynerd

Banned
CowboyAstronaut said:
Quickly you guys!

The entire Boston Celtics and LA Lakers teams aren't putting their hands on their chest during the star spangled banner. Are they terrorist?

Did they do the hand bump?

Zeed

Banned
Gaborn said:
As opposed to the man who was open about his drug use and publicly reversed himself on decriminalizing them?
So what should be said about the man who claims to be a Libertarian but frequently divorces himself from the philosophy whenever it suits him?

scorcho

Gaborn said:
As opposed to the man who was open about his drug use and publicly reversed himself on decriminalizing them?
that's a central tenet of Obama's campaign? if not, your attempt at comparison fails.

maynerd said:
Did they do the hand bump?

Garnett definitely did something when being introduced that looked like a terrorist code of some kind.

There are currently cameras setup in each and every person's hometown church to see what else we may learn. Can't quite put my finger on it, but there's definitely something un-American about players from both teams.

Sharp

Justin Bailey said:
No one really thinks that. It's just fun to make jokes about the other side. I'm sure you'll see plenty of Obama jokes at free republic.
It's just that after things like Bittergate I'm surprised people are actually using minute slipups as evidence of incompetence. The "bottled hot water" thing was hilarious but it was also recent and I didn't think people were using it to demonstrate how poor he would be as a leader (a speaker, sure). This was back in January and he probably didn't even realize he'd said it.

scorcho

the distinction here is that all gaffes are not created equal. i think McCain's anti-beer crusade is a cute teleprompter goof, but in no way shows his ability to lead the nation.

calling Putin the President of Germany.
believing that Putin is a President of anything
conflating Sunnis and Shiites
generalizing all Iraqi insurgents as Al Queada
misstatement on Iraq troop levels.

etc., are on a TOTALLY different level

if McCain can't speak competently on his SIGNATURE ISSUE it's a direct reflection on his potential leadership of the country.

Zeed

Banned
scorcho said:
the distinction here is that all gaffes are not created equal. i think McCain's anti-beer crusade is a cute teleprompter goof, but in no way shows his ability to lead the nation.

if McCain can't speak competently on his SIGNATURE ISSUE it's a direct reflection on his potential leadership of the country.
I mean we went after Hillary pretty hard for the "Medve...whatever" thing. She probably actually knew who the President of Russia was, she just couldn't pronounce it.

scorcho said:

Can't deny that. Obama's gaffes are nowhere near as serious.

Calling Putin the President of Germany? If that had been Obama the Republicans would've pounced on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom