• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generating a buzz; Politico has a link where people can buy Michelle's dress from today's appearance

Michelle's Dress

michelledress.jpg

capt.8e7d532d780b4d35a1c533adf3c391ef.michelle_obama_the_view_wx201.jpg

A reader who wore the same dress to her graduation sends in a link to the dress Michelle Obama wore for her well-reviewed View performance today.

It's a just bit more mass-market, and affordable, than the clothes most public figurse of both sexes wear: You can buy it online from Donna Ricco, the designer, for $99.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0608/Michelles_dress.html

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Deus Ex Machina said:
Generating a buzz; Politico has a link where people can buy Michelle's dress from today's appearance

Michelle's Dress

michelledress.jpg

capt.8e7d532d780b4d35a1c533adf3c391ef.michelle_obama_the_view_wx201.jpg

A reader who wore the same dress to her graduation sends in a link to the dress Michelle Obama wore for her well-reviewed View performance today.

It's a just bit more mass-market, and affordable, than the clothes most public figurse of both sexes wear: You can buy it online from Donna Ricco, the designer, for $99.

Michelle O changing the way we look at first ladies since 1960.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Been a while..how goes it PoliGAF? What are we fighting about today?

Deus Ex Machina said:

Michelle's Dress

Pfffft what an elitest.

schuelma

Y2Kev said:
I live in jersey....McCain ain't winning this state.

New Jersey are or it aren't, and New Jersey aren't.

Shit, you're in Jersey? Where at?

Y2Kev said:
I live in jersey....McCain ain't winning this state.

New Jersey are or it aren't, and New Jersey aren't.

I dunno, there are a lot of racist people here in Central and South Jersey. And I mean A LOT. I haven't met one (1) person enthusiastic about Obama here.

Ethel Kennedy hosting a huge fundraiser for Obama and the party at Hickory Hill.

Ethel Kennedy to host $6 million dinner for Barack Obama

Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Senator Robert Kennedy, is opening her Hickory Hill home in Virginia for a fundraiser featuring Barack Obama that is expected to swell Democratic campaign coffers by almost $6 million.

Tonight's $28,500-a-plate dinner represents the latest effort by the Kennedy family to help elect Obama, who was described by Caroline Kennedy as offering "the same sense of hope and inspiration" as her father, the late President John F. Kennedy.

Caroline Kennedy is helping vet prospective vice- presidential nominees, while Senator Edward Kennedy of Massachusetts delivered his endorsement of Obama in January.

Obama and Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean will headline the event, which is expected to draw 200 people, Obama spokeswoman Jen Psaki said. Donations will go to the Obama campaign.

But here is a better explanation of how the donations will be divided up. A healthy sign for our party overall.

Fundraiser Set for Kennedy Homestead Tonight

After a day of serious policy, Sen. Barack Obama has an evening of serious fundraising tonight. He's heading to Hickory Hill -- the famed Kennedy homestead in McLean, Va. -- for a party that costs $28,500 per person to attend.

Obviously, only $4,600 of that can go to the Obama campaign -- $2,300 to his primary fund, $2,300 to his general election fund. The rest goes to the Democratic National Committee, whose chairman, Howard Dean, is also headlining the event.

Dozens of Kennedys are expected to be on hand for the fundraiser, at the home of Ethel Kennedy, widow of the late Robert F. Kennedy. Obama is scheduled to arrive around 5:30 p.m. Other hosts listed on the invitation are: Megan and Don Beyer; Rachel Goslins and Julius Genachowski; Betsy Katz and Reed Hundt; Deborah Kennedy and Bill Kennard.

There is also an interesting article about the Democratic Convention funding at DemConWatch today. Note that corporate donations largely fund that event...the opposite of how Obama's campaign is being run.

Obama and Convention Funding

Corporate contributions overall to the two parties' conventions amounted to just $1 million in 1980 and $8 million in 1992. The amount rose to $56 million in 2000 and $142 million in 2004, according to the Campaign Finance Institute's report. This year, the report says, these contributions are expected to total $112 million but could go higher.

..."In a statement provided Tuesday to The Times, Obama campaign spokesman Hari Sevugan said: "Moving forward, one of Sen. Obama's reform priorities will include changes in the way party conventions are funded to assure they can be run without dependence on soft money," the loosely restricted corporate and union donations that constitute most of the funding for conventions.

sangreal

Deus Ex Machina said:
Larry Sinclair's press conference

You can read about it here The Mitch and Nan Show.

No new evidence and more lies.

The best part? No major media covered it.

I'd say the best part is he was arrested afterwards

and this:
And pay Sinclair has -- for the venue and its microphone, as well as for a kilted lawyer (with a suspended license) named Montgomery Blair Sibley, who informed those assembled that his preferences in dress were arrived at as a way to secure comfort for his unusually large sexual organs. "I don't know why men wear pants," he said with a poker face. "It's a function of male genitalia. If you're size normal or smaller, you're probably comfortable with [pants]. ... Those at the other end of the spectrum find them quite confining."

"I asked him to wear a suit and tie," Mr. Sinclair said ruefully. Then, he admitted to suffering from a brain tumor.

Formless

mckmas8808 said:
CNN has a special segment on Michelle Obama and the make over that she is receiving. They will be discussing if she is a little too hardcore and blunt or if she is being picked on.

They also said that First Ladies don't wear dresses with the sleeves cut off, but Michelle does and it could be a problem. :(
That's only because besides Kennedy's wife, all recent First Ladies had those upper arm flab wings.

PHOTOS: BARACK OBAMA meets today with his foreign policy team, generals and flag officers today

capt.005ae618b26642d184e833e836fce655.obama_2008_dcab105.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., participates in a foreign affairs round table discussion with, from right, Susan Rice, former Sec. of Defense William Perry, former Sec. of State Madeleine Albright, Obama, and former Rep. Lee Hamilton D-Ind., in Washington Wednesday, June 18, 2008. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

2008_06_18t142319_450x287_us_usa_poll_politics.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) sits with former 911 Commission chairman and former Rep Lee Hamilton (D-IN) (L), and former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright (R) as he meets with a foreign policy panel of former U.S. officials at a hotel in Washington June 18, 2008.
(Jim Bourg/Reuters)

capt.6bae0722c3c44aca877fd5d8faac2c75.obama_2008_dcab111.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., talks with former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright after a foreign affairs round table discussion in Washington Wednesday, June 18, 2008.
(AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

r2764043840.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) talks with former 911 Commission chairman and former U.S. Rep Lee Hamilton (D-IN) (L) as he meets with a foreign policy panel of former U.S. officials at a hotel in Washington June 18, 2008. Obama created the panel to give him advice and possibly fill top posts in his administration if he is elected president in November. REUTERS/Jim Bourg

capt.fc91c2fb185f424180d29bbc3e17d444.obama_2008_dcab119.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., center, former Sec. of the Navy Richard Danzig, left, and Ret. Gen. Wesley Clark, talk with generals and other flag officers during a military and foreign affairs round table discussion in Washington Wednesday, June 18, 2008. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

capt.1b574d0780dd4558b7f2debee779126d.obama_2008_dcab118.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., center, Ret. Gen. Merrill 'Tony' McPeak, and Ret. Gen. Wesley Clark, talk with generals and other flag officers during a military and foreign affairs round table discussion in Washington Wednesday, June 18, 2008.
(AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

capt.0ffb8f54a84a4abc999eb21861d0b80b.obama_2008_dcab121.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., left, talks with former Gen. Wesley Clark, and other generals and flag officers during a military and foreign affairs round table discussion in Washington Wednesday, June 18, 2008. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

Diablos

Lemonz said:
:lol Larry Sinclair may have been arrested at the Nation Press Club, after trying to peddle his bullshit about Obama to the national media...but only bloggers and nobodies showed up. He had an outstanding warrant on his ass, so bloggers spent days contacting the police to let them in on where Sinclair will be at today. :lol

http://themitchandnanshow.wordpress.com/2008/06/19/breakingbreakingbreaking-14/
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Pastor Manning was there too!

A true freak show!

Haunted

As far as political entertainment goes, what can I look forward to next in the US election? The democratic/republican conventions?

Amir0x said:
That was exactly what I came to post. 8 flags in the first pic!

This is OVERCOMPENSATING, do not give in to the temptation Obama!
?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Diablos

Also:

And pay Sinclair has -- for the venue and its microphone, as well as for a kilted lawyer (with a suspended license) named Montgomery Blair Sibley, who informed those assembled that his preferences in dress were arrived at as a way to secure comfort for his unusually large sexual organs. "I don't know why men wear pants," he said with a poker face. "It's a function of male genitalia. If you're size normal or smaller, you're probably comfortable with [pants]. ... Those at the other end of the spectrum find them quite confining."

"I asked him to wear a suit and tie," Mr. Sinclair said ruefully. Then, he admitted to suffering from a brain tumor.
:lol x infinity

Diablos

Door2Dawn said:
What the fuck? These people are nuts!
Sinclair, Manning, Manning's family, this guy...

TRULY a freak show. I'd love to be a fly on the wall.

I'm so glad no one takes these political trolls seriously. Because that's exactly what they are.

Lefty

Francois the Great said:
I dunno, there are a lot of racist people here in Central and South Jersey. And I mean A LOT. I haven't met one (1) person enthusiastic about Obama here.

Thats not true, the only real racists are in the southwest jersey and there a minority. I live in Central Jersey and everyone I talked to is in all out obama-mania or at least will vote for Obama The republicans are going to think once again that NJ is a swing state and once again NJ will go blue

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
tangent #1: i always thought there was just a north and south jersey - no such thing as central.

tangent #2: if i had my way i would love for New York to drag Long Island and put it close to Staten Island, then give both to Jersey.

Francois the Great said:

I know plenty of people here in South Jersey excited about Obama. And while there are no doubt a ton of racists around here (no doubt), those really aren't the population centers anyway.

The racism is widespread but not widely represented (thankfully).

A lot of this talk reminds me of when Bush and Cheney tried to make a run at New Jersey in 2004. McCain has no shot here.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Are political figures ever allowed to wear ties that aren't red or blue? I'm not even a big fashion guy, but damn that'd get boring.

scorcho said:
tangent #1: i always thought there was just a north and south jersey - no such thing as central.
People that live in central NJ wouldn't want to join either of the other two sections.

TheLegend

Dan said:
Are political figures ever allowed to wear ties that aren't red or blue? I'm not even a big fashion guy, but damn that'd get boring.

People that live in central NJ wouldn't want to join either of the other two sections.
Central Jersey is the best of both worlds, 30 minutes to NYC and about an hour to Philly. It's not bumblefuck like South Jersey, but at the same time it doesn't look like you're living in a Sopranos episode like it does in North Jersey (although that would be pretty cool :p ). I never knew about the North vs South rivalry until I got to college... people take it pretty seriously.

Anyway, any links to Michelle's appearance on The View?

schuelma

Y2Kev said:
I live in Clifton during the summer. NYC during the school year. :)

Well, I only moved here from Michigan 3 years ago so I honestly am not quite sure where Clifton is :lol :lol

Right now I'm in Jersey City then after the bar in July I'll be moving down to New Brunswick.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
schuelma said:
Well, I only moved here from Michigan 3 years ago so I honestly am not quite sure where Clifton is :lol :lol

Right now I'm in Jersey City then after the bar in July I'll be moving down to New Brunswick.

Sweet, my Aunt and Uncle live in South Brunswick my (my Uncle is the police chief in South Brunswick). The area is absolutely beautiful. A little disconnected-- I can't live being far away from the city. But if that's your bag, it's excellent.

Clifton is 20 min outside of NYC in Passaic County.

schuelma

Y2Kev said:
Sweet, my Aunt and Uncle live in South Brunswick my (my Uncle is the police chief in South Brunswick). The area is absolutely beautiful. A little disconnected-- I can't live being far away from the city. But if that's your bag, it's excellent.

Yeah, I actually lived there when I first moved (fiancee was finishing up at Rutgers). We love the downtown area, which is where we'll be living.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom