• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
"Professional" analysis of his foreign policy gurus:
Bob Kerrey would have been a better snag for the token 9/11 commission member than Tim Roemer, but I guess Roemer is being rewarded for his early endorsement of Obama and Kerrey is being punished for his Clinton endorsement and generally harsh tone towards Obama when he helped her campaign.

Warren Chistopher was a shitty choice as well; McCain's campaign is running long with the "second term for Carter" attack and he doesn't need more ammo here. Not that Christopher is a bad guy, but a good guy at the wrong time helps no one.

Where are the Republicans? It's a missed opportunity to not include them here, since Obama could easily leverage Republican foreign policy support to help counteract Lieberman/independent/democratic support for McCain, and also it would help Obama portray his Iraq policy as objective, bipartisan, and common sense.

Finally, this virtually confirms Sam Nunn is off the table for VP. The whole point of these brain trusts is to appear above the fray and picking Nunn as VP and putting him in this group would partisan-ize an area the campaign hopes will appear non-partisan. On the other hand, Eric Holder is on the list and we've already seen that apparently VP vetters are fit for scrutiny.

Still, some heavy hitters for sure. This is basically every substantial foreign policy wonl who helped Clinton out during his eight years.

Cheebs

Deus Ex Machina said:
The Muslim thing is anti what Obama believes... the volunteers should know matter.

They do this at all candidates rallies. Google.
I know but this same logic got them in trouble today. It is something need to keep more hush-hush.

In most campaigns the handlers seek out black people and minorites to put on stage to make it more diverse, Obama has the opposite problem. Kinda funny.

Cheebs

Diablos said:
Lieberman, for being as liberal as he is on pretty much every other issue, is a complete moron for embracing McCain's Iraq war strategy.
It's sometimes really hard to remember Lieberman is pro-choice, for universal health care...etc

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Stumpokapow said:
"Professional" analysis of his foreign policy gurus:
Bob Kerrey would have been a better snag for the token 9/11 commission member than Tim Roemer, but I guess Roemer is being rewarded for his early endorsement of Obama and Kerrey is being punished for his Clinton endorsement and generally harsh tone towards Obama when he helped her campaign.

Warren Chistopher was a shitty choice as well; McCain's campaign is running long with the "second term for Carter" attack and he doesn't need more ammo here. Not that Christopher is a bad guy, but a good guy at the wrong time helps no one.

Where are the Republicans? It's a missed opportunity to not include them here, since Obama could easily leverage Republican foreign policy support to help counteract Lieberman/independent/democratic support for McCain, and also it would help Obama portray his Iraq policy as objective, bipartisan, and common sense.

Finally, this virtually confirms Sam Nunn is off the table for VP. The whole point of these brain trusts is to appear above the fray and picking Nunn as VP and putting him in this group would partisan-ize an area the campaign hopes will appear non-partisan. On the other hand, Eric Holder is on the list and we've already seen that apparently VP vetters are fit for scrutiny.

Still, some heavy hitters for sure. This is basically every substantial foreign policy wonl who helped Clinton out during his eight years.
i don't care about their political ideology, but where are the innovative, brash new thinkers i thought Obama was banking on? all i see here are established old hats and little that challenges traditional FP orthodoxy.

it's just...all...boring. i would've loved to see Power somewhere on that shortlist.

Obama’s Plane Is Stocked With Maxim Sexist Magazines

http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/06/17/obamas-plane-is-stocked-with-maximum-sexist-magazines

This morning, in her story “Slack Like Me,” Rabble Rouser Reverend Amy introduced you to the New York Times article that depicts the somewhat dilatory (dare we say lazy?) presumptive candidate as far too similar to another infamous slacker, the current POTUS. Tucked away in that NYT article is this tidbit:

He is a careful reader of daily newspapers and magazines (titles from Foreign Affairs to Maxim are stocked on his campaign plane).

Maxim magazine? A title surely chosen to convey the lusty fantasy world its readers dream of — where all the men are big and brawny and where all the women are oiled, tanned, young, curvy supplicants to their all-powerful male rulers. As a woman, it was difficult to endure the rampant sexism during the primaries, including Barack Obama’s own sexist comments about Hillary — “I understand that Senator Clinton, periodically when she’s feeling down, launches attacks as a way of trying to boost her appeal” and “You challenge the status quo and suddenly the claws come out.”

Perhaps, on Father’s Day — instead of preaching in some “safe” church, lecturing other men on how to be better fathers, as his daughters sat silently in the pew (and looked bored out of their minds) — Mr. Obama should have started a small bonfire in his own backyard and burned those remnants of a chauvinistic culture that no father should wish his daughters, those two precious little girls, to have to live in.

MAXIM-Gate!!

Diablos

scorcho said:
anyone check out Obama's national security working group?

* Secretary of State Madeleine Albright
* Senator David Boren, former Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
* Secretary of State Warren Christopher
* Greg Craig, former director of the State Department Office of Policy Planning
* Secretary of the Navy Richard Danzig
* Representative Lee Hamilton, former Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee
* Deputy Attorney General Eric Holder
* Dr. Tony Lake, former National Security Advisor
* Senator Sam Nunn, former Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee.
* Secretary of Defense William Perry
* Dr. Susan Rice, former Assistant Secretary of State
* Representative Tim Roemer, 9/11 Commissioner
* Jim Steinberg, former Deputy National Security Advisor

nothing altogether disagreeable, but nothing inspiring either. it's a shame that Samantha Power is still ostracized
Nice. But where's Richard Clarke?

Y2Kev said:
I live in jersey....McCain ain't winning this state.

New Jersey are or it aren't, and New Jersey aren't.
b-b-b-b-but lieberman

Tamanon

Banned
scorcho said:
i don't care about their political ideology, but where are the innovative, brash new thinkers i thought Obama was banking on? all i see here are established old hats and little that challenges traditional FP orthodoxy.

it's just...all...boring. i would've loved to see Power somewhere on that shortlist.

To be fair, Obama has harkened back to older foreign policy philosophies, the ones of Reagan, Bush and Clinton. Just not what we're doing now. Although Susan Rice being there is always good.

ABC News: Obama lead in the polls is a "danger sign"

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Vote2008/story?id=5183218&page=1

"Barack Obama has emerged from his bruising battle for the Democratic presidential nomination with only a six point lead over Sen. John McCain and claiming his Republican rival has been getting a "pass" from the media.

A ABC News/Washington Post poll shows Obama, D-Ill., leading McCain, R-Ariz., by a margin of 48 percent to 42 percent. It is a surprisingly small lead considering that the incumbent Republican president George Bush is at record lows and public opinion overwhelmingly feels the country is on the "wrong track".

The poll indicates that Obama did not get the traditional "bounce" in the public's opinion by finally defeating Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., and getting her endorsement as the Democratic presidential candidate."
flipsidebanner286.jpeg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
scorcho said:

What new type of FP do you want, really? Obama's already outlined his key issues; denucleariation and stopping proliferation, a Clinton-esque strategic strike approach to military combat, conditionless and open discourse with all countries. Really foreign aid and debt forgiveness are the only remaining open issues for him in terms of platform (I'm aware he has stances on the issues; but they haven't been a matter of public discussion yet)

Diablos said:
Nice. But where's Richard Clarke?

Rapid response team. Also, Clarke is almost certainly being tapped to run one of the intelligence agencies, probably the CIA--Hayden is definitely getting kicked out pretty much on day one, so it might be better if he be involved in an advocacy role rather than a policy-setting role.

scorcho

Tamanon said:
To be fair, Obama has harkened back to older foreign policy philosophies, the ones of Reagan, Bush and Clinton. Just not what we're doing now. Although Susan Rice being there is always good.
my mind could just be focusing too much on the institutional weight of Albright and Christopher to see the rest. with those two, why not add Brzezinski as well?

Diablos: Clarke is taking a dump in the corner, where he should be.

scorcho

Stumpokapow said:
What new type of FP do you want, really? Obama's already outlined his key issues; denucleariation and stopping proliferation, a Clinton-esque strategic strike approach to military combat, conditionless and open discourse with all countries. Really foreign aid and debt forgiveness are the only remaining open issues for him in terms of platform (I'm aware he has stances on the issues; but they haven't been a matter of public discussion yet)
i wouldn't say i'm against any of the above (although my understanding is that Obama isn't all-the-way-there with conditionless diplomacy yet), but i'd hoped to see something beyond the established players.

Deus Ex Machina said:
Michelle Obama a slam dunk on 'The View'.

masthead_subpages.gif

Quickie Review: Michelle O on "The View"

The Presumptive Nominee is a happy man right about now. He's fist-bumping whoever he's coming into contact with. He's thinking, "maybe I should make MICHELLE the vice president - hey, Hill was veep to Bill during two terms..." He's thinking, "what did Whoopi just say...Oh, it doesn't matter." He's thinking, "man, that dress was expensive but it was worth every PENNY." He's thinking, "behind every successful man, there's a woman...No, I better NOT think that. That's sexist as all get out. Hill would take me to town on that one...doesn't matter, she's not running anymore. Or is she...?"

I'm no Freud, but her sub-conscious seems to match her conscious pretty nicely, if this outing was any indication. She was funny, smart, interesting and - most important - likeable. She even said nice and remarkably disarming stuff about Laura Bush. Michelle O - you don't mind if I call you "Michelle O," do you Michelle? - was seated in the middle of our kaffee klatch crew, and joked immediately (again, shrewdly) about the bump: "It's my signature bump," and Whoopi comes back with a good ice breaker (not that there was any ice to break) with, "you should be really happy it's not a chest bump."

Michelle O stepped up to the plate, squared away, and saw a big fat pitch come right down the middle - without ANY heat or motion - connected, and sent that sucker right into the parking lot:

"My answer, and people have asked me this before, is that the one thing that a nominee earns is a right to pick the vice president that they think will best reflect their vision for the country. And I'm just glad I will have nothing to do with it."

Oh, you're good, Michelle O. You're very good.

http://weblogs.amny.com/entertainment/tv/blog/2008/06/quickie_review_michelle_o_on_t.html

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Tamanon said:
So, who thinks McCain should appoint Rudy as his official 9/11 Advisor?

I'm amazed McCain would use him in any capacity considering his flaccid failure of a campaign and inability to rally the evangelical base.

Gules said:
"The reality is there seems to be more concern about the rights of terrorists, or alleged terrorists, than the rights that the American people have to safety and security," Rudy said. "I do not understand why, at a time we're facing this terrorist threat, we want to create new rights that didn't exist before for people alleged to be involved in terrorist activities or alleged to be enemy combatants."

Why bother? His words don't hold any special gravitas, not anymore, and not to people already in agreement with such "logic" (though affirmation is indeed a sweet, sweet salve). It only serves to associate McCain with a known loser, a man so one-note as to fear him suffering a very particular brand of Tourette's.

In NYC, firemen see him crawling out the wreckage of his Presidential jog for the first time in months and wonder how they might bring further grief to him and hopefully, by extension, McCain. Admittedly, a long shot, but if Gules keeps opening his yap, you never know what can happen.

Hell, 9/11 happened, right?

hc2

I am an Obama supporter. Started with Clinton and switched back in April. One thing I really worry about are expectations.
I read some folks' expectations of change and a new political style after Obama is elected. I think we need to tone down these expectations a bit.
Obama is going to have to work with the system we have in place. He is not going to be able to make any change unless he has some political capital built up. The way you get this political capital is to play the game and build up credit. After a while you can start using the credit to effect some meaningful changes.
The early thing we can expect after electing Obama is the PR value to the rest of the world.
The second thing we can expect is a little better tolerance in our society on all sides. For the racists to see Obama is not the devil will re-assure them. For the minorities to see a different skin color in the White House will be a positive.
Then it's get down to business time. The time line for any major accomplishments (education, health care, taxes, energy,etc) will be at least 1-2 years.
Hopefully Obama has enough experience in Washington to know this and realize you have to work the system to change the system.
JFK was a positive change and lifted peoples spirits. He was not particularly good at getting the Senate to do what he wanted. But he was a good president .
LBJ was politics as usual but he made some of the biggest changes which still affect us today. He worked the system and was very effective. He was a great President.
I sincerely hope Obama can combine the two styles of LBJ and JFK and be a really effective President.
I am saying please keep your expectations of a "new day dawning" grounded and be patient.
First Obama will need to get Americans kind of thinking together on some issues. Then he will need to find some legislative allies in Congress to work with who are willing to take risks. And he will need to be patient and tolerant. What may take us a week in the private world usually takes several months in government.
And please vote, do not take anything for granted.

Xdrive05

Christopher Hitchens on Barack, Michelle, Hillary's defeat, McCain's shitty speech, Obama's promises, etc.

Part 1

Part 2

Pretty good. You guys and gals should watch and comment here.

Huckabee: Demonizing Obama is a ‘fatal mistake

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/06/18/huckabee-demonizing-obama-is-a-‘fatal-mistake’

CNN) – Former GOP presidential contender Mike Huckabee called Barack Obama's candidacy "a landmark achievement" Tuesday, and warned fellow Republicans not to demonize Obama.

"Republicans will make a fundamental if not fatal mistake if they seek to win the election by demonizing Barack Obama," Huckabee told reporters in Tokyo, according to a report by Agence France-Presse.

Huckabee praised the country for getting "to a point where we did not see his color but we truly saw his charisma, his message and what he brought to the campaign trail."

"When people are really hurting — and they are right now — they're not looking at a person's race," he added.
Of course the GOP isn't going to "demonize" Obama--themselves.

That's what 527's are for.

Clevinger

Xdrive05 said:
Christopher Hitchens on Barack, Michelle, Hillary's defeat, McCain's shitty speech, Obama's promises, etc.

Part 1

Part 2

I liked this comment:

Hitchens has no idea what's going on in these elections. Go back to the earlier YouTube videos -- it's all there. In one of them, he and the host laugh off the media predictions that race and gender would be factors in the results, then shortly after Obama started getting 90% of the black vote and Hillary the majority of women. Also in an earlier interview, someone asked Hitchens who he predicts will win and he says Hillary point blank, with no doubt. He's getting everything wrong.

And every time I watch Hitchens speak, it seems like he's fighting the urge to puke out all that booze.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
hc2 said:
I am an Obama supporter. Started with Clinton and switched back in April. One thing I really worry about are expectations. I read some folks' expectations of change and a new political style after Obama is elected. I think we need to tone down these expectations a bit. Obama is going to have to work with the system we have in place. He is not going to be able to make any change unless he has some political capital built up. The way you get this political capital is to play the game and build up credit. After a while you can start using the credit to effect some meaningful changes.

This is true but we're seeing positive early signs. First, the ban on lobbyist cash, while not airtight, represents a sudden and substantial change in political machinery. We've seen how fast Obama's people integrated into the DNC and how quick they effected change there.

Second, the Democrats are going to pick up 7 seats in the senate... maybe eight of Al Franken can find his focus and really get at Coleman, or if the upticket race drives Democratic vote in contestable areas. They should also make a solid but unspectacular set of pickups in the house. We also know that Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, and Howard Dean enjoy excellent relations with Obama. The machinery should be in place for a repeat of 2006--immediate and massive policy action.

In particular, I expect stem cell research changes to be passed and made law within one week of the beginning of a hypothetical Obama presidency. I also expect Guantanamo to be closed within the first week.

I expect the first major domestic issue to be repealing the Bush tax cuts and implementing the Obama tax cuts. I expect the first major foreign policy issue to be withdrawal from Iraq--expect to see action on Iraq necessarily tied with either action in Afghanistan or nuclear proliferation prevention such that the message is in support of a broader war on terror. Behind the scenes, expect a massive overhaul of the US federal civil service in order to undo the damages partisan appointments have made. Expect John Paul Stevens to retire immediately--at least, I hope he does so he has a good shot at actually living for a while after retirement! :D

Also it should be noted that ethics reform and pay-as-you-go spending have already been implemented, allowing for a good framework for ethical behavior from now on.

In terms of changing how Washington works? Nah. Hell, most people who are gung ho about changing "how Washington works" don't really have any particular changes in mind. No one can identify the particular time that Washington became the modern-day demon it is. Everyone wants things to be "better", but no one has a new plan, not even Obama.

But in terms of undoing some of the harms of the last eight (or even sixteen or twenty-eight in some cases!) years, Obama has an excellent shot. Opening back up government, reducing the power of the executive, and ending constitutional abuses are doable and worthy goals for a first Obama term.

GhaleonEB

Deus Ex Machina said:
ABC News: Obama lead in the polls is a "danger sign"

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Vote2008/story?id=5183218&page=1

flipsidebanner286.jpeg
For months they pontificated that the party would be so divided that it would damage Obama when the primary ended. So by that logic, leading in the polls right after he won would be a good thing. Now there's a counter narrative - where's Obama's bounce!?!

It's like the ABC/WSJ poll that was dissected for Obama trailing among a small subset of women (white suburban women) when he had a huge lead among all women - a fact nearly ignored. Ah, media. Sticking to the narrative - no matter what.

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
scorcho said:

I won't pretend to know what considerations go into this, but I figure Obama's camp is looking to 1) create a narrative in the media that he's surrounded by exalted FP giants (remember Bush's "Dream Team") and 2) avoid bruised egos and internal scrapping within the Democratic FP community during the election.

I would have liked to see Robert Malley on the list, but I'm not holding my breath for a major party presidential nominee to flip off AIPAC in the middle of a campaign.

OTOH, I'm not crazy about Samantha Power. Haven't read her book, but she seems to be pushing the We Have To Do Something doctrine, and I don't see why a military intervention in the Horn of Africa would be any less miserable than one in the Middle East.

KRS7

Anyone else surprised by the amount of anti-Obama comments on virtually every single website? I remember when the campaign first started you would see a good mix of comments, with a somewhat even split of positive and negative comments. It now seems that on virtually any news site or blog at least 80%-90% of the comments are anti-Obama. And not just your regular old political disagreement, but vitriolic, false, and bigoted comments. Any article even remotely mentioning Obama will get dozens of comments questioning his patriotism and painting Michelle and him as racist or sexist. Usually the comments have nothing to do with the article in question and seem to be coming from the same template.

Mathematically it seems out of whack. According to most polls, those who harbor strongly negative views of Obama number less than 30%, and I doubt many of them are internet savvy. I have heard some rumors of an organized republican effort to get their supporters to scour the web and post these comments. I am beginning to think these rumors are true. I can't stand McCain, but I don't go post negative comments about him. I can't even remember the last time I posted a comment to a news article. I am not really worried about any negative effect from these, as most people know not to give any credence to anonymous comments posted on a webpage, but I am just curious if there is an organized effort to post these.

Tamanon

Banned
KRS7 said:
Anyone else surprised by the amount of anti-Obama comments on virtually every single website? I remember when the campaign first started you would see a good mix of comments, with a somewhat even split of positive and negative comments. It now seems that on virtually any news site or blog at least 80%-90% of the comments are anti-Obama. And not just your regular old political disagreement, but vitriolic, false, and bigoted comments. Any article even remotely mentioning Obama will get dozens of comments questioning his patriotism and painting Michelle and him as racist or sexist. Usually the comments have nothing to do with the article in question and seem to be coming from the same template.

Mathematically it seems out of whack. According to most polls, those who harbor strongly negative views of Obama number less than 30%, and I doubt many of them are internet savvy. I have heard some rumors of an organized republican effort to get their supporters to scour the web and post these comments. I am beginning to think these rumors are true. I can't stand McCain, but I don't go post negative comments about him. I can't even remember the last time I posted a comment to a news article. I am not really worried about any negative effect from these, as most people know not to give any credence to anonymous comments posted on a webpage, but I am just curious if there is an organized effort to post these.

Well, there is an organized effort for McCain blog commenters, but they don't advocate the vitriolic stuff. It's more just a product of the internet.

Macam

Banned
Xdrive05 said:

Part 1

Part 2

Nothing new there, just the same old mainstream speculations wrapped up in a British accent.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
KRS7 said:

Is Drudge your main source for finding articles?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
McCain on Gules:

"I think the nation respects the mayor's leadership after 9/11, and I do, too, and I think he displayed leadership at a time that Americans needed some steady hand, and I think that his conduct was very laudatory following 9/11," Mr. McCain said, when asked why so many voters identify Mr. Giuliani with the issue of terrorism.

But he went on to say: "I don't think it translates, necessarily, into foreign policy or national security expertise. I know of nothing in his background that indicates that he has any experience in it, with him or Romney."

TPM has the rest. Another great example of the phony maverick.

scorcho

Mandark: i find Power provocative, and her critiques against Clinton-era foreign policy makes for good balance considering some of the others on that list. I kinda get the political game that Obama's playing in the selection, but I would've like to see him ruffling more establishment feathers now, instead of giving off air that these patriarchs and matriarchs of the democratic foreign policy establishment will still control the levers..

hc2

Stumpokapow said:
This is true but we're seeing positive early signs. First, the ban on lobbyist cash, while not airtight, represents a sudden and substantial change in political machinery. We've seen how fast Obama's people integrated into the DNC and how quick they effected change there.

Second, the Democrats are going to pick up 7 seats in the senate... maybe eight of Al Franken can find his focus and really get at Coleman, or if the upticket race drives Democratic vote in contestable areas. They should also make a solid but unspectacular set of pickups in the house. We also know that Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, and Howard Dean enjoy excellent relations with Obama. The machinery should be in place for a repeat of 2006--immediate and massive policy action.

I am very optimistic about the new candidate, but I want to keep grounded.
Irag is a tar baby right now, we are stuck. We need to be talking to the people in charge in Iran (not their president, the mullahs) and seeing if we can at least get them to work with us and not go in and massacre the Sunnis if we leave. That would really piss off the Saudis and Kuwaitis if the we leave and the Sunnis are left to the mercy of the Shiites.
As to the bureaucracy, it usually takes a new president 2 years to find, check, and hire replacements for all the new appointees they are responsible for.
Guess we can't be too patient and passive. But I remember what happened with the Clintons and health care insurance reform. They didn't have their ducks all in a row and didn't involve the "bigwigs".

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
The Lamonster said:
Obama will win OH FL & PA

but barely win Minnesota (according to SUSA, who is the strong outlier in this one, everyone else has it as Obamamania)

Also, he is within 4 points in Alaska.

Amir0x

Banned
The Lamonster said:
Obama will win OH FL & PA

What about... MICHIGAN

dun dun duuuun

yes Obama has a Michigan problem. ABCNEWS also just reported the FL/OH/PA Quin polls suggest he is in great trouble against McCain, and should drop out of the race now

Amir0x said:
ABCNEWS also just reported the FL/OH/PA Quin polls suggest he is in great trouble against McCain, and should drop out of the race now
ABC sees not a big enough lead and I see a huge lead - bigger than I expected. If he is ahead in those states, how the shit is he in trouble, ABC?

Also: McCain and Obama choose to sit right next to each other at Russert's funeral today :(

just shows how important this guy was to journalism and politics

Amir0x

Banned
Tamanon said:
Obama is not winning by 20 points, what is his problem?

Polls show he is losing among the critical swing voter of white suburban house wife. If he loses that demographic, as we all know the electorate college dictates that he be deducted 300 EC votes automatically no matter how many states he wins

KRS7

The Lamonster said:
ABC sees not a big enough lead and I see a huge lead - bigger than I expected. If he is ahead in those states, how the shit is he in trouble, ABC?

ABC has way too high of expectations for Obama. Their headline for November 5th will probably be:

"Obama wins the night, but not in a landslide, bringing up serious questions about his electability"

Tamanon

Banned
KRS7 said:
ABC has way too high of expectations for Obama. Their headline for November 5th will probably be:

"Obama wins the night, but not in a landslide, bringing up serious questions about his electability"

ABC: "Obama win not seen as mandate by nation"

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Xdrive05 said:

Part 1

Part 2

Can't fucking stand hitchens- nothing Ive heard from him is insightful, or even right. He is proven utterly and completely wrong about so many issues, time and time again. And he's clearly extremely biased, as well as being an unapologetic Iraq war supporter. I dont see why anyone should bothering listening to what he has to spew out, although he tries painfully hard to come across as some kind of enlightened intellectual. Its like he has this inner frustration and self-hate thats constantly eating at him.

Tamanon

Banned
Slurpy said:
Can't fucking stand hitchens- nothing Ive heard from him is insightful, or even right. He is proven utterly and completely wrong about so many issues, time and time again. And he's clearly extremely biased, as well as being an unapologetic Iraq war supporter. I dont see why anyone should bothering listening to what he has to spew out, although he tries painfully hard to come across as some kind of enlightened intellectual. Its like he has this inner frustration and self-hate thats constantly eating at him.

I liked his veiled shot at religion in general.

"Well, Obama left his church finally, but the reasons for leaving were wrong"

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
The Lamonster said:
Also: McCain and Obama choose to sit right next to each other at Russert's funeral today :(

just shows how important this guy was to journalism and politics

More like, it was a platonic gesture which was 'chosen' by their advisors. I very much doubt it was their own spontaneous decision.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Slurpy said:

I remember when he was on Real Time with Bill Maher and he flipped the crowd off because they booed him on some idiotic right-wing stance he had. Classy guy, that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom