• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/02/AR2008090203462.html?hpid=topnews
ST. PAUL, Minn., Sept. 2 -- Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin was not subjected to a lengthy in-person background interview with the head of Sen. John McCain's vice presidential vetting team until last Wednesday in Arizona, the day before McCain asked her to be his running mate, and she did not disclose the fact that her 17-year-old daughter was pregnant until that meeting, two knowledgeable McCain officials acknowledged Tuesday.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
ronito said:
I personally find it amazing that King Slender hasn't been banned yet.

Better posters were banned for less.

I don't think the mods can parse what the fuck he's on about to see if it violates TOU or not.

Late to the party. Ignore if old..

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/sar...ughter_over_pregnancy_wedding/celebrity/65370
Republican Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin attempted to quietly have her daughter Bristol get married before news of her pregnancy leaked out, the NATIONAL ENQUIRER is reporting exclusively in its new issue.

Palin planned for the wedding to take place right after the Republican National Convention and then she was going to announce the pregnancy.

But Bristol, 17, refused to go along with the plan and that sparked a mother-daughter showdown over the failed coverup.

The ultra-conservative governor’s announcement about her daughter’s pregnancy came hours after The ENQUIRER informed her representatives and family members of Levi Johnston, the father of Bristol’s child, that we were aware of the pregnancy and were going to break the news.

In a preemptive strike Palin released the news, creating political shockwaves.

The ENQUIRER has also learned that Palin’s family is embroiled in a vicious war that is now exposing her darkest secrets, threatening to destroy her political career.

Palin’s ongoing war with her ex brother-in-law Mike Wooten, a state trooper, has caused multiple sources to come forward with shocking allegations about the governor.

Details of those allegations, the family feud, and Palin’s attempt to cover up her teen daughter’s pregnancy are in the new issue of The ENQUIRER.

Tobor

Tyrone Slothrop said:
sgav1.gif

This could be quoted after every one of his posts, and it wouldn't be enough. He's like the kid on the school bus waving his finger an inch from your face. "I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you!"

Trakdown said:
Somebody wanna update me? There's been a ton of posts between now and my last post.
GOP convention: POW POW POW POW POW *clear throat* POW POW POW POW etc.
National Enquirer breaking some more dirt on Palin . . . every is skeptical . . . but they did break the Edwards affair.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
speculawyer said:
National Enquirer breaking some more dirt on Palin . . . every is skeptical . . . but they did break the Edwards affair.

Really no reason to be skeptical - their record on this kind of stuff is pretty good. Batboys and Smoke Satans, not so much.

Trakdown

speculawyer said:

So basically, to counter the message of "Change", they're going with the message of "Same Old Shit".

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just looking at the Republican party and the people there and there target audience. They dont really care about my vote at all. The crowd is so much less diverse than the one at the DNC. Republicans wake the fuck up the US is changing and if they want to be successful they need to change too. They are not selling what im trying to buy.

Is anyone else pretty disgusted by all the POW POW POW POW POW POW stuff after this:

68726110_2c7787453b_o.jpg

I mean jeez . . . pretty much ever speaker at the DNC said 'we respect his military service' when mentioning McCain.

maynerd

Banned
speculawyer said:
Is anyone else pretty disgusted by all the POW POW POW POW POW POW stuff after this:

I mean jeez . . . pretty much ever speaker at the DNC said 'we respect his military service' when mentioning McCain.

Republicans are the biggest hypocrites.

What the fuck is going on with the republican party? I mean, fucking really? They've got a seated president that they treat like a dog and don't even allow on stage, they've got a self-professed democrat headlining a third of their convention, an ultra neocon political machine VP no one's ever heard of with a pregnant daughter and apparantly a secessionist nutjob husband and in-laws, the most popular runners-up in the primary nowhere to be found, a candidate heralded earlier in the race as the doom of the party, a campaign that now seems to be about reaching across party lines to do... something (despite running with said neocon instead of said the "dem"); and to top it all off every fucking spokesperson seems to be absolutely shitting on the media, as if destroying whatever goodwill might exist is their fucking campaign strategy. It's not a self destruction so much as a self parody.

Tamanon

Banned
speculawyer said:

Oh fuck that.

Cloudy

Banned
MThanded said:
Just looking at the Republican party and the people there and there target audience. They dont really care about my vote at all. The crowd is so much less diverse than the one at the DNC. Republicans wake the fuck up the US is changing and if they want to be successful they need to change too. They are not selling what im trying to buy.

The problem is that all they're talking about is POW crap. That's nice but how does it help Americans now?

Diablos

speculawyer said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol

HOW DARE BARACK OBAMA GIVE THANKS TO MCCAIN FOR HIS SERVICE WITHOUT WEARING A PURPLE HEART BAND-AID?!?!

Tamanon

Banned
maynerd said:
So what's the deal with this site? Why do we think they are credible?

The dude was great during the primaries, plus he's a HUGE stats geek, did a lot of work on Baseball Prospectus.

Trakdown said:
So basically, to counter the message of "Change", they're going with the message of "Same Old Shit".
Well, just to be somewhat fair, here, there was some effort to distinguish McCain from the same ol', same ol'. I didn't see Lieberman's speech in its entirety, but he was going out of his way in the parts I did hear to distinguish him as a bi-partisan maverick, who more than any other allegiances, is a patriot first and foremost.

Was it terribly compelling? I didn't really think it was all that electrifying, and I don't think Lieberman is really the man to preach it anymore, but maybe it did do some help in separating him from Bush.

MThanded said:

Well I'm an older white guy . . . and I ain't buying that shit either. But then again, I'm an atheist so all the religious crap is a real turn-off to me. And I'm a scientist/engineer, so all the anti-science stuff is a real turn-off.

But there is one area where they could sell me: fiscal responsibility.

Wait . . . did I say fiscal responsibility?

GOPAndDemDeficitCartoon.jpg

:D

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Gary Whitta said:

Wow I had never seen this before, that's absolutely fucking disgusting. Is there no depth to which they will no stoop?

I bet not one of those people have been punched in the face. NOT ONCE.

King_Slender said:
Take off the rose colored glasses - her speech was pretty bland and diametrically opposed to what she was saying before the campaigned reigned her in and said "Listen, shut the fuck up and do what we tell you or you're going to blow this for your husband."

Ok nevermind. I took your original post as being serious. Didn't know it was a joke-post.
This thread moves so fast i couldn't keep up. Sorry about that.

speculawyer said:
Well I'm an older white guy . . . and I ain't buying that shit either. But then again, I'm an atheist so all the religious crap is a real turn-off to me. And I'm a scientist/engineer, so all the anti-science stuff is a real turn-off.

*funny stuffs*

Republicans haven't been fiscally responsible for a very long time.

The closest you get to that anymore is in Democratic factions, and Ron Paul.

Ron Paul is his own faction.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
speculawyer said:

GOPAndDemDeficitCartoon.jpg

I <3 You

:lol

ronito

"Why do you hate the troops?!"

"what? I just..I just gave a whole speech supporting the troops and"

"SEE?! In your speech you said you hate the troops don't you!"

"No. In fact in my speech I said that I love the troo"

"TROOP HATER!!"

Just par for course for the GOP lately. A hate coated lie is much easier to swallow en masse than the truth.

Ventura's pretty funny, at this point he's no different to interviewing a guy on the street as he seems to have almost no interest. He just said he didn't even bother watching either of the conventions but here he is on Larry King's response show! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom