• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gruco

Banned
Does Rudy really want to get into a hiring process metaphor after Zero-vetting-gate?

Also, what is the over/under on times Palin says "my friends"?

Arde5643

Dirtbag 504 said:
Oh you know what I meant.

I come from such a different world then most of you guys.
The south is so opposite from the rest of this country, but in some ways its a glimpse into where we are headed. I don't agree with where the republicans have taken this country from the outside... but I'm more concerned with where the democrats are taking us from the inside.

I don't like the close mindedness of the hardlined conservatives either, but until the independents can put up a real candidate and break this two party system, I'm content on voting the lesser (what is in my opinion) of two evils.

Fuck you.
This actually makes sense.

The southern part of the country, in general, has less quality education, and hence remains the stronghold of extremist right-wing and socially conservative values.

Since Bush has remained in office, the quality of education has gone down, which makes brainwashing people even easier. It's no wonder republicans are very much against progression in science, education, teacher's pay and anything to make the masses smarter in general.

Close-mindedness, lack of critical thinking, and fundamentalism is very much the core values of the republican base who aren't wealthy.

I'm mostly joking, but some of the shit makes sense

mj1108

Are the republicans that stupid to where this has to be explained in the analogy of a job application?

Guiliani telling McCain POW story incoming...

besada

Banned
worldrunover said:
With fairness to McCain, I think being commander of naval fleets probably counts as executive experience... no?

It would if he'd ever actually commanded a naval fleet. Instead he commanded a training squadron and was denied, repeatedly, command of an actual combat squadron. And he quit the Navy when it became obvious that he'd never make Admiral, which is who commands fleets.

The man graduated near the bottom of his class, and even with a father and grandfather who were admirals and his POW status couldn't make it up the chain of command.

avaya

reilo said:
Oh, and one last thing, not only do I know high ranking officers, but I am a refugee of war. So don't fucking tell me I don't know the cost of war.

Best not to respond to him mate, his posts are just LOL-material.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
How do you GAF Republicans honestly defend this shit? Seriously...

Destroy Islam? Insulting Europe. Belittling community organization experience. Contradicting themselves about executive experience.

And that is just some of the crap that has been uttered at the RNC. Honestly, how do you defend this? Do you really agree with what they are saying?

He has passed every test we have given him
ummmm Annapolis?

pow.gif

Oh yeah Community Organizing is the ONLY thing Barack Obama has ever done. YOU FUCKTARD

FUCK YOU GIULIANI.

oooooo Chicago Politics!!!!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
UltimaKilo said:
Of course I'm not very smart, I'm a conservative. Yeah I guess John McCain has never lead squadrons. Practice exercises are just as important at the real thing, so stop the bullshit because you have no idea. ZERO

Are you retarded? I don't mean that as an insult. I am trying to find out so that I don't actually insult you by accident. Are you mentally deficient?

Tobor

Amir0x said:
like the thirtieth time it was posted, once even on this page

Yeah I figured it was. I'm catching up on my nightly nonsense, and I'm way behind. :lol

Yaweee said:
Read her article about that. She wasn't talking about the election.

So she says. I ain't buying it.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
reilo said:
Oh, and one last thing, not only do I know high ranking officers, but I am a refugee of war. So don't fucking tell me I don't know the cost of war.

I said you know NOTHING of military operations, absolutely nothing. ZERO! And you made it evident all by yourself.

Dirtbag

CharlieDigital said:
Right, because that's the cause of all of the financial and economic turmoil.

Not like it could be:

1) Unregulated mortgage lending practices leading to the mortgage crisis which we're still trying to ride out.
2) A $10 billion/month war in Iraq which accomplished? Oh right, Iraq had an $80 billion surplus while we're hitting record highs. Silly me.
3) The weakening of the US dollar due to inflation because of energy costs, part of which is due to lack of public investment in alternative energy since Bush took office and also because of failed regulation of the rampant speculation in the oil markets.

Nope, all of our economic woes are because of welfare.
Now thats how you argue.
1).FUCKED - agreed. Not a single entities fault.
2).Eventually we'll get our piece of it. It's pretty obvious why we are in Iraq in the first place. Dirty politics put us in Iraq to begin with. I didnt vote for W. in the 2nd term. I'm disgusted with the current administration - this is not that administration.
3).I'd make a case that the american dollar started weakening the minute the democrats came into power and taxed manufacturing out of this country to fund social programs to stay in power.

So far you've made the best case of anyone on here, but it's still a double edged sword.

I believe in Reganomics. Flame me!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Oh, Gilues, do you mean like McCain skipped 50+ straight Senate Votes? Was it just too fucking hard to get up each and every morning and show up for your job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom