• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
chase said:
Perhaps most importantly, why do the republicans in power feel so confident that they can get away with this? Is it just a matter of putting out slogans? Is that all it takes to court the republican mind?
It's the only way the party knows how to operate now. It's quite sad, really.

remember, she'll say:
". I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a "community organizer," except that you have actual responsibilities."

so keep an ear out

Gruco

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
In our defense, no one voted for Guiliani in the first place. I'm not even sure why the RNC felt they needed to give him such a prime speaking spot considering how awful he did in the primaries.
Dude.

Attack dog.

Guy may be full of shit, but he's good at it.

And :lol at how fucking stoked the crowd is for Palin

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Man you guys are bunch of sore losers. Get ready for another 8 years of big business hell and record breaking oil profits ya bunch of whiners.

Dirtbag

MrPing1000 said:
American politics is a circus. This shit wouldn't fly in the UK, nobody would vote for you if you were overly religious for a start :p

Ever seen videos of the chinese senators(least I think it was the chinese, I'll have to google it). They beat the shit out of each other semi-often. It gets pretty rowdy.

Arde5643

Shaheed79 said:
Man you guys are bunch of sore losers. Get ready for another 8 years of big business hell and record breaking oil profits ya bunch of whiners.
Well, we are a nation of whiners after all.

kinggroin

Banned
Incredible this convention is.

The worst in Republicans bringing out the best in Gaf :lol

Hot damn, this is terribly exciting 8D

I hope for the sake of sanity, that this party gets it's collective asses handed to them hard. What they've resorted to, especially after seeing the democratic convention, has me bewildered. Kinda reminds me of the Hitler rally scene in American History X. You're just in awe.

Thank God Obama, win or lose, keeps his sights (and his tongue) where need be.

Barrett2

This is the fucking twilight zone... this woman is a joke, everybody knows it... incredible.

Time to see what the best RNC speechwriters came up with!

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
UltimaKilo said:
You made it seem to me as if it was when I mentioned his experience leading the squadrons. That's just one more thing McCain has over Obama on the experience issue when it comes to leading. I didn't say it was the one. If it was not for training and practice exercises at places like LeJune and Pearl Harbor, there would be no foundation during real conflict.
:lol

Caj814

rancor said:
she getting the cheer of an emperor and hasn't done anything yet. just stand there? wtf???

Crowd member 1:She has a vagina!

Crowd member 2:A VAGINA?!

Crowd member 3:Yes a vagina!

Crowd:WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Dirtbag 504 said:
Ever seen videos of the chinese senators(least I think it was the chinese, I'll have to google it). They beat the shit out of each other semi-often. It gets pretty rowdy.

The House of Commons can be pretty rowdy. Pretty funny too. Blair vs Hague at Prime Ministers question time was always good for a laugh. Brown has no charisma so he's kinda flat but sometimes it can get hilarious.

The BS is already flying.

Yeah, the media counted McCain out because he refused to not put his country first. It had nothing to do with the fact that his campaign was broke or anything.

mj1108

lawblob said:
This is the fucking twilight zone... this woman is a joke, everybody knows it... incredible.

Time to see what the best RNC speechwriters came up with!

I'm sure they gave the job to some RNC intern to write.

JaY P.

chase said:
It's so easy to pick these blatant lies and hypocrisy apart, people are doing it on a gaming message board. Why is it that dems can't do it effectively? Why don't people show what they're saying, present the evidence to the contrary and condemn these assholes?

Perhaps most importantly, why do the republicans in power feel so confident that they can get away with this? Is it just a matter of putting out slogans? Is that all it takes to court the republican mind?

The way Obama has been hitting lately, I wouldn't be surprised if he comes out swinging after the RNC. To be fair, the press should let the RNC have their time in the sun just like the DNC did. I just hope the American people will see the difference between the positive uplifting message of Obama to the negative tone of McCain.

Plus, this huge buzz about Palin threatens to block McCain out of the picture. If those allegations of corruption are indeed true this focus on Palin will not be welcomed.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
mccain.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom