• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtbag

Mr Jared said:
And now come the lies.

Time for the media to do their jobs.

Right now at this exact moment the media IS doing its job. It's letting them state their cases, and shutting the fuck up. That's their job. If the media didn't spend so much time telling people how to think, perhaps people would have to think and decide for themselves. All they should do is report.

Sidenote: fact-checking dually noted in reporting (Speculawyer and his good point)

Blader5489 said:
Don't get me wrong, I'll (probably) vote for Obama, but some of you guys really are fucking pathetic, and the double-standards here are insane. Obama has zero experience? "That's okay, the presidency is unique enough that experience isn't required" (I believe it was grandjedi who served me that bullshit. Palin has zero experience? "PTA, community organizer, lolololol wtf is this shit."

people are laughing more at the hypocrisy of Republicans undercutting their own argument rather than her lack of experience in and of itself.

gcubed

whats funny is, she's a walking obama advertisment premade...

just take the clips from her speech.

I was against the bridge to nowhere.... and show he for it

We are going to stop wasteful spending... and show how much she wasted

Shins

Banned
dramatic speech... devoted followers...

you don't see a... similarity here...

lol

edit: lets tear down the opponent, not talk about our own credentials in comparison, lol

edit 2: what.... what about your tacky setup there...?

GOD KILL ME

I just donated $50 to Obama's campaign. I get a free t-shirt! Plus the satisfaction of knowing I did something to help keep this scum out of the White House.

Amir0x said:
I can't wait to the conventions are over so this petty bullshit won't be amplified and these lies won't be given audience. There were like so many factual falsehoods in this speech that I don't think any media will have enough to actually dissect it to any measure. Obama may promise too much, but his barbs are at least mostly true.

The Republican party is the party of BS these days. I serious hope Obama wins in a landslide. If not, the Republican party will never change.

Zeliard

Blader5489 said:
Don't get me wrong, I'll (probably) vote for Obama, but some of you guys really are fucking pathetic, and the double-standards here are insane. Obama has zero experience? "That's okay, the presidency is unique enough that experience isn't required" (I believe it was grandjedi who served me that bullshit. Palin has zero experience? "PTA, community organizer, lolololol wtf is this shit."

For probably the 400th time, the reason that Palin's lack of experience is so laughable and keeps being mentioned by everybody is because McCain has been running his entire campaign on experience, in both championing his own and deriding Obama's. So when he brings in a VP with less experience than Obama and far less than Biden, it's fucking hilarious, and deserves to be called out as it has been.

BenjaminBirdie said:
I have to say, though, this is going to be seen as a home run.

By who? She could have said just about anything and been hailed a success by the Republican talking heads. I don't think the media is going to buy it, particularly given the ill will McCain's built up in that department over the last couple weeks.

Dirtbag 504 said:
Right now at this exact moment the media IS doing its job. It's letting them state their cases, and shutting the fuck up. That's their job. If the media didn't spend so much time telling people how to think, perhaps people would have to think and decide for themselves. All they should do is report.
BULLSHIT.

If Sarah says the world is flat, do you think that is where it ends?

No . .. the media's job is to fact-check all of this and report all the lies.

Kipz

massive bear, tiny salmon
NUCULAR WEAPONS. Terrorists, Terrorists, victory in sights. Oh no! The Terrorists want rights. Gah Projectile vomit.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
:lol :lol :lol :lol Palin is dominating right now.

I didn't know she had this side in her :lol :lol :lol

Diablos

Her speech is filled with lies.

All this party can do when they're backed into a corner is smear. They are not capabile of anything else.

gcubed

well now she's getting a little long in the tooth for the normal voter who isnt a republican. the more shit she spews about obama being god, the more she does nothing to help with the independents...

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
wow so we are not supposed to read them their right you wacko. Get out of here.

You guys are damn liars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom