• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waaah the media is picking on me! Waaah!

And then they comes out and lies through her teeth.

I don't that was smart . . . she is gonna get so smacked down. You don't complain about the media and then spew lies . . . . the media gets the last word.

Tobor

You guys making wrestling comparisons are hitting it close to the mark. All she has to do is drop an elbow on a copy of Obama's autobiography.

You know, at least Huck gave Obama his due. Everyone else can DIAF. Every speech I heard at the DNC talked about how they honored McCain's service at least.

frankthurk said:
It's a good speech for the base. It sets her out as an attack dog. Should be interesting to see what happens with this in the long run.

All of the speeches tonight are aimed at the base...which is fine and good, but I think they had them in the pocket already. Probably not worth all the moderates and independents they are alienating.

impirius

Shaheed79 said:
There is no such thing as lies in politics just unsuccessful campaigning. Let's not forget how Bush beat McCain in 2000. Those were definitely not lies.
"Illegitimate black baby" wasn't a lie?

tfur

The last few days have been right out of the Karl Rove playbook. These poor souls don't even realize it... so much venom...

It never ceases to amaze me how people are so willing to drink the koolaid... this is really embarrassing for America...

Xisiqomelir

worldrunover said:
You know, at least Huck gave Obama his due. Everyone else can DIAF. Every speech I heard at the DNC talked about how they honored McCain's service at least.

Huck is a pretty classy guy, but my god he's scary with the raging fundyism.

slidewinder said:
Leaving aside the substance of the speech, you have to admit that she's doing a very respectable job of delivering it.

She started out pretty damn awkward but she's definitely found her rhythm. She's still not in the same league as the Clintons, Biden or Obama, though.

How does a 2 year governor of Alaska totally hand a 36 year senator his ass in the VP speech?

Palin is going to win a LOT of female voters with her presentation.

Shirokun

This kind of cynical speech is gonna backfire on Palin. She needs to reach independants in this speech and all she's doing is stroking the GOP's ego.

gkryhewy

VanMardigan said:
Are you like in physical pain right now? Like, writhing demonically? Don't worry, there's a lot in this speech that is going to get torn apart by the media. I have no doubt.

But for tonight, you suffer. And whine. And I'm eeyore? :lol

Dude, what exactly are you replying to? I look at my posts, and then I look at your replies, and I can't find the connection. Help me out here - are you meaning to quote someone else's posts?

I'm doing fine, thanks, owing to not watching any parts of this convention. And you have earned the eeyore nickname for playing the religious victim card in all sorts of random and inappropriate places. But it is endearing! Everyone loves eeyore.

bionic77

After the last 8 years of utter failure, if we elect another Republican I am going to have to say that maybe democracy isn't all that it is cracked up to be.

I really don't get the appeal of the current Republican party. Granted the things I want (smaller military, balanced budget, health care reform) aren't likely to come from either party. But it seems common sense that when one party failed you give the other party a chance.

ArtG

The Democrats need to be harder on these assholes. They are fucking liars and tricksters and need to be called such. I guess it'd go against Obama's mantra of unity, but fuck that. These people are not just wrong--they freely lie without reservation with no concern of the outcome.

They are dangerous and will bring the ruin of this nation. Democrats can't sit back and just take this shit. They need to hit McCain/Palin with everything they've got.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
How evil was overcome?

We lost in Vietnam. We didn't overcome shit. Only Rambo did, and he had to go back 20 years later.

gcubed

frankthurk said:
It's a good speech for the base. It sets her out as an attack dog. Should be interesting to see what happens with this in the long run.

i 100% agree... the only fact is, they wont win with just the base... which is confusing. Her being the pick drove away independents and women... as recent polls have shown. And it increased McCains republican backing from 90 to... 92%?

She's doing a pretty good job of delivering the speech, irregardless of the message.

Gaborn

She is doing what the Democrats wanted Biden, Obama, Clinton and all the others to do, attack, whether she's effective or not I'm not sure, she came across as folksy, small town girl at first, now she's getting more serious and using a softer tone of voice, the crowd loves it, but that's no real indication. I think it's an effective speech so far though.

-Kees-

John Kerry also served his country honorably. What did they do? They fucking lied about his service in order to belittle him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom