• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

That O'Reilly-Obama interview was a travesty. And the interview was cut off in the most jarring, blatant way possible in order to have it split up into four parts.

Obama handled that quite well. He always had an answer for Bill, and right away. If he wasn't constantly being interrupted he might've been able to make his points better, but I guess we'll find out how the rest goes.

Tamanon

Banned
VistraNorrez said:
Obama handled that quite well. He always had an answer for Bill, and right away. If he wasn't constantly being interrupted he might've been able to make his points better, but I guess we'll find out how the rest goes.

He actually attacked the talking points pretty well the little I saw of it.

thefro

O'Reilly said "no no no" in that 4 minute interview more times than Shia Labeouf has in his acting career. :lol

Obama definitely did very well in that segment though.

AniHawk

Er... am I supposed to get a confirmation e-mail once I made a donation? I did all the stuff I was supposed to fill out and clicked, "Support the Ticket," and I don't think anything happened. Does it appear somewhere in the my dashboard page?

thefro said:
O'Reilly said "no no no" in that 4 minute interview more times than Shia Labeouf has in his acting career. :lol

Obama definitely did very well in that segment though.
Republicans will write it off as nuanced double talk or take small parts out of context just like saddleback.

"above my pay grade hur hur hurrrrr"

AniHawk said:
Er... am I supposed to get a confirmation e-mail once I made a donation? I did all the stuff I was supposed to fill out and clicked, "Support the Ticket," and I don't think anything happened. Does it appear somewhere in the my dashboard page?

I got one. I donated through the main Obama website, did you donate through that or the GAF group?

Zeliard

FlyinJ said:
What is the "ZERO!" chant in relation to?

It's the new Republican rallying cry to attempt to deride Obama's experience. It stands for "zero executive experience." Yes, it's embarrassing.

Mike Murphy continues his Straight Talk express revival:

Republican political consultant Mike Murphy finds himself lonely among his fellow GOPers since he doesn't think Gov. Sarah Palin was a good choice as Sen. John McCain's running mate.

"I think she'll ultimately be a polarizer. After last night's smash, Republicans are in deep love. Nothing thrills 'em like a good 'us vs. them' speech. But I'd guess that most Democrats had the opposite reaction. In a year where the Democrat generic numbers are 10+ points better than the Republican, I don't like the math of a strategy that just polarized the election along party base lines. Among the vital sliver of voters in the middle, I think Palin's rock solid social conservatism will be a turn off. And while voters may value vision over experience, Palin's inexperience is a weakness, denying McCain an argument that has been helping him against Obama."
http://politicalwire.com/

The RNC has been a giant red meat cafe. They've tried making Obama the boogeyman while offering little in accomplishments or issues to run on. They haven't even addressed the economy, unless we count the baseless "Obama will raise your taxers huuurrr" talk.

They'll get a convention bounce no doubt, but I get the feeling they're in trouble

tanod

when is my burrito
AniHawk said:

I got an email the next morning. If you did it by CC, they probably can't run it through until tomorrow.

Thank the asshats @ newsbusters

KEITH OLBERMANN: I’m sorry it’s necessary to say this and I wanted to separate myself from the others on the air about this. If at this late date, any television network had of its own accord showed that much videotape, and that much graphic videotape of 9/11, and I speak as somebody who lost a few friends there, it, we, would be rightly eviscerated at all quarters, perhaps by the Republican Party itself, for exploiting the memories of the dead and perhaps even for trying to evoke that pain again. If you reacted to that videotape to the way I did, I apologize. It is a subject of great pain for many of us still and was probably not appropriate to be shown. We’ll continue in a moment.

PhoenixDark said:
Mike Murphy continues his Straight Talk express revival:

http://politicalwire.com/

The RNC has been a giant red meat cafe. They've tried making Obama the boogeyman while offering little in accomplishments or issues to run on. They haven't even addressed the economy, unless we count the baseless "Obama will raise your taxers huuurrr" talk.

They'll get a convention bounce no doubt, but I get the feeling they're in trouble

That's my boy!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Zeliard said:
It's the new Republican rallying cry to attempt to deride Obama's experience. It stands for "zero executive experience." Yes, it's embarrassing.

You can't be fucking serious. While parading Palin out there, this was their idea of a chant? What the hell kind of bizzaro world is this?

I thought it was in reference to zero tax increases.

AniHawk

tanod said:
I got an email the next morning. If you did it by CC, they probably can't run it through until tomorrow.

Thanks. Did it last night around 11 (PDT).

Considering there's been 130k contributions since last night, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

From NBC's Mark Murray
The Obama campaign confirms to First Read that it has raised $8 million from more than 130,000 donors since Sarah Palin's speech last night -- and that it's on pace to raise a total of $10 million by the time McCain speaks.

"Sarah Palin's attacks have rallied our supporters in ways we never expected," said Obama spokesman Bill Burton. "And we fully expect John McCain's attacks tonight to help us make our grassroots organization even stronger."

*** UPDATE *** The Wall Street Journal, meanwhile, is reporting that the RNC raised $1 million after Palin's speech.

*** UPDATE II *** The Obama camp now says that it has crossed the $10 million mark.

"I hope she gives a speech every day until the election," Burton says.
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/

womp womp wompppp

mj1108

MightyHedgehog said:
This shit is somehow worse and slimier than yesterday's crap-fest.

Without an actual plan, it's all the GOP has.

Lindsey Graham just stole Obama's line.... "It's not that he doesn't care, he just doesn't get it."

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
I like how quickly they cut away from the shot of all the graves in the background after the guy's victory exhortation.:lol

mj1108 said:
Without an actual plan, it's all the GOP has.

Lindsey Graham just stole Obama's line.... "It's not that he doesn't care, he just doesn't get it."

This will be a historic election...for the lulz

Snaku

Banned
mj1108 said:

I wasn't sure I had heard that right. Maybe I refused to believe he did, but yeah...he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom