• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

IronRinn

I'm on her mailing list and was worried when I saw the link posted, though I'm not sure there are very many of us here on GAF who is interested in it.

I was going to try and nab bees no. 1 & 6 but didn't want greed to get the best of me. So I honed in on 6 since that's what I wanted the most.

This will go well with my Royal Flycatcher...

Yeah, I'm getting the business over on EB just for alluding to it. Whatever, lesson learned.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Rinn about to get strapped to his bed and beaten with socks filled with bars of soap.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Yeah, I'm getting the business over on EB just for alluding to it. Whatever, lesson learned.

O5QK6eB.gif

CookBeck

We've been busy with tons of projects so we were a bit slow to release new prints lately. But..! We added a new official SEGA print to the collection today. Crazy Taxi by Arkotype. Something completely different from the earlier SEGA works. Available now at www.candb.com

xC4XD1d.jpg

8mgsp56.jpg

Made it through the day not buying anything which was surprising. Just never pulled the trigger on anything I saw. I had also dropped a bunch of money to pay for a different print earlier this morning, which made it easier to pass.

Buncha good stuff purchased by you guys today, nice work.

omgkitty

Made it through the day not buying anything which was surprising. Just never pulled the trigger on anything I saw. I had also dropped a bunch of money to pay for a different print earlier this morning, which made it easier to pass.

Buncha good stuff purchased by you guys today, nice work.

2539433-2642583531-24674.gif

Hi there, is this thread for people who love art and actually do art?
If so, I'd love to make some contributions and ask for your opinions in some of my work :)

If so, I'd love to make some contributions and ask for your opinions in some of my work :)

People that have been around this thread longer can confirm or deny, but this thread is more for limited edition screenprinted/giclee releases by artists.

IronRinn

As noted, this thread is mostly concerned with prints and posters of various kinds. I think what you are looking for is this thread (started by Dreweyes, who sometimes releases prints) where you can post your art.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Just got my raid mystery tube too, mostly the same stuff. The only oiece I'm interested in is the Butterflies one. Welp, that's the first and last mystery tube!

Risible

Just got my raid mystery tube too, mostly the same stuff. The only oiece I'm interested in is the Butterflies one. Welp, that's the first and last mystery tube!

I've tried mystery tubes in the past and have been disappointed every time. It's a bad choice for the consumer usually. They get $7500 for stuff that would have just sat on a shelf unsold.

LaneDS

The one in a hundred chance of getting the commission was enough for me to jump in with this one. The value of the prints is quite a bit more than what I paid for them, though we'll see if anyone actually wants to buy them.

IronRinn

Tomorrow, May 4th at 12 AM ET on Wooden Nickle Art Works

"Star Wars No. 2" by Christopher Shy. Giclee print. 18" x 24" edition of 150, $55. 24" x 36" edition of 75, $80

"Awakens" by Christoper Shy. Giclee print. 18" x 24" edition of 150, $55. 24" x 36" edition of 75, $80

"Edgar Allan Poe Dameron" by Jordan Monsell. 8" x 10" giclee print. Edition of 200, $35

No doubt there's gonna be just a few more posts like this before tomorrow.

Filthy Slug

I've tried mystery tubes in the past and have been disappointed every time. It's a bad choice for the consumer usually. They get $7500 for stuff that would have just sat on a shelf unsold.

Just replace "mystery" or "grab bag" with "random stuff that hasn't sold" & they become a lot easier to pass on.

The one in a hundred chance of getting the commission was enough for me to jump in with this one. The value of the prints is quite a bit more than what I paid for them, though we'll see if anyone actually wants to buy them.

Y'all are totally right but, like Lane said, the chance of getting that commission or even one of the many sketches was enough to make me hop on. I don't feel ripped off or anything, just a bit bummed and trying to figure out what to do with a tube filled with prints I would never hang.

I've bought a few mystery tubes in the past, but you end up with so much stuff you don't care for even if it isn't just straight up junk. I don't care for selling prints so much, and I feel terrible just throwing stuff in the trash. Every time I give stuff away on EB it always ends up going to some rando scumbag. So lessons learned: don't buy mystery tubes, give stuff away on GAF.

Filthy Slug

It'd be hilarious if the week containing Star Wars day has the fewest Star Wars print releases of the year.

E: Just as I posted that Bottleneck one appeared.

IronRinn

It'd be hilarious if the week containing Star Wars day has the fewest Star Wars print releases of the year.

E: Just as I posted that Bottleneck one appeared.
I was thinking along the same lines. I'm a little surprised we haven't been inundated with announcements.

Just replace "mystery" or "grab bag" with "random stuff that hasn't sold" & they become a lot easier to pass on.

I agree with this to a certain extent. For me it was a matter of liking his stuff enough to give if a shot, I didn't own any of his work so I couldn't possibly have gotten any doubles, so low risk in that sense. As I said I like his stuff but didnt know which one to go for individually, so "random stuff" by a specific artist is in my eyes less of a gamble than say the "random stuff" from a gallery mystery tube.

I also wouldn't have been able to choose which individual print to purchase on the secondary market because I love so many of them, so the mystery tube was a great way of letting fate decide what of his I would own / be able to display. I get that my stance on this is not necessarily typical of others.

LaneDS

Wednesday, May 4th at 12 PM ET on Bottleneck: "Where Do You Come From?" by Andy Fairhurst:

16" x 20" giclee, numbered edition of 150, $40

And the award for most boring print of 2016 goes to....

Raid71 mystery tube came in today.

Contents:

Butterfly
Cultural Impact London
The Beginning
Fast Gun
and... a Totoro sketch!

I look forward to framing a couple of these, especially the sketch.

Nice, cool inclusion!

Filthy Slug

.....whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I think he's a talented dude who consistently pumps out boring prints. He's known for being quick with the art, and I'd say that shows in the prints themselves often.

But I also think he's done the best official Jurassic Park print and I like a bunch of his comic work.

Risible

I think he's a talented dude who consistently pumps out boring prints. He's known for being quick with the art, and I'd say that shows in the prints themselves often.

But I also think he's done the best official Jurassic Park print and I like a bunch of his comic work.

I think the most recent print was excellent, but it's all horse for courses and all that of course.

What's making me sad is there's not one "must have" Star Wars print yet for the fourth. :(

Top Bottom