• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I know Wooden Nickelworks has been actively looking for other artists to work with. They don't have much variety atm

I do agree that Sly's works are too dark. I feel like that much dark saps the charm out of some of the properties. The Star Wars ones look stripped of what makes it fun.

Hmm not feeling that. Doesn't capture Amelie at all, for me. Looks like a horror movie. Like she is stalking the house with her creepy garden gnome.

I like this new wave of dark, charmless, prints. Late 80s comics style!

IronRinn

Today, Tuesday, May 10th at 12pm EST on Bottleneck: "Bay 07" by Glen Brogan.

7931200d-758b-4768-bf6e-590aeea5c326.jpg

13" x 19" giclee, numbered edition of 40, $35

IronRinn

Today, Tuesday, May 10th on Burlesque at a random time: Richey Beckett "Beast of the Apocalypse" variant.

richeybeast1.jpg

18" x 24", 6 color screenprint with metallic purple details on French Steel Grey paper. Numbered and embossed edition of 20, $50

IronRinn

Up now on Tiny Showcase until Tuesday, May 17th at 12pm EST: "Rocky Mtn. Nat'l Prk" by Brooks Salzwedel

8" x 10" giclee print, with COA, $30 ($5 of each print sold goes to The National Park Foundation)

I've made a big decision to dramatically reduce if not completely stop print buying. I have so so so many. Flat file is packed. Walls are packed. Folders are packed. Framed prints leaned up against the spare bedroom walls in piles.
Print hunger is sated. OG hunger is growing. I've heard it's a fairly natural progression.

omgkitty

I've made a big decision to dramatically reduce if not completely stop print buying. I have so so so many. Flat file is packed. Walls are packed. Folders are packed. Framed prints leaned up against the spare bedroom walls in piles.
Print hunger is sated. OG hunger is growing. I've heard it's a fairly natural progression.

You also forgot "bank account is empty." Good luck. I stopped buying posters on any consistent basis last year and then I stupidly started joining commissions. It's a vicious cycle.

You also forgot "bank account is empty." Good luck. I stopped buying posters on any consistent basis last year and then I stupidly started joining commissions. It's a vicious cycle.
Haha not really a problem just yet, space is my primary limiting factor. I'm still in quite a few commissions too. I think I'll be backing out of PPCC but sticking around for the Ise and Zakuro Aoyama stuff.

edit: plus I'm really getting into sofubi, which is kind of more fun and you can handle and ship stuff without having to be super careful

double edit: will trade prints for kaiju sofubi lol

Meier

I buy them quite infrequently now but I enjoy following the scene still. Did just pledge for a commission which I think will run $65 shipped if I recall. Always open to getting more Moss Miyazaki prints though so keep me in mind if you're ever interested in selling or trading. I perpetually have my LD Iron Giant that I'm willing to trade off.

I guess I could just sell it and use the cash to buy them but I think I'd feel awkward spending real money as opposed to just bartering. $300 on the LD Jaws was easier than I'd have expected since it was in front of me and felt very tangible.

I buy them quite infrequently now but I enjoy following the scene still. Did just pledge for a commission which I think will run $65 shipped if I recall. Always open to getting more Moss Miyazaki prints though so keep me in mind if you're ever interested in selling or trading. I perpetually have my LD Iron Giant that I'm willing to trade off.

I guess I could just sell it and use the cash to buy them but I think I'd feel awkward spending real money as opposed to just bartering. $300 on the LD Jaws was easier than I'd have expected since it was in front of me and felt very tangible.
Slowly selling off everything that isn't Horkey/Stout/Danger, but no mas Moss except for piles of 5x5s

Bii

I'm more picky than I was a few years ago. I have passed up on some good looking prints. And there's only a handful of prints that I may purchase in the aftermarket but they're not too pricey. Maybe I'll set aside some funds so I can actually get them this year.

The only prints I've bought on a fairly consistent basis in the past few years is Mike Mitchell's Fat Birds. They don't take up too much space and they can fit in a small portfolio rather nicely.

Luderico

Today, Tuesday, May 10th on Burlesque at a random time: Richey Beckett "Beast of the Apocalypse" variant.

richeybeast1.jpg

18" x 24", 6 color screenprint with metallic purple details on French Steel Grey paper. Numbered and embossed edition of 20, $50

Man love the art from Richey. Got the shirt from it. Just missing the Converge logo on the print.

ohkay

I think my print buying went up last year, but I'm trying to cut it down to some success though it's been replaced by a few pricey commissions

Trevelyan

Banned
I've just started commissioning my own prints with a number of these and other artists, however, what's the main difference between the printing styles? Should I choose giclee over, say, screenprinting? I've been mainly printing via giclee for my commissions thus far, and was wondering if I should stick with it. For reference, my pieces are either 9x12 or 11x14.

Salamando

I've just started commissioning my own prints with a number of these and other artists, however, what's the main difference between the printing styles? Should I choose giclee over, say, screenprinting? I've been mainly printing via giclee for my commissions thus far, and was wondering if I should stick with it. For reference, my pieces are either 9x12 or 11x14.

Giclee is a subset of inkjet printing, but uses far better stuff than you're using in your home office. It's most beneficial for low print runs, or runs with insane amount of detail and colors

Screenprinting uses a series of block-out stencils, at least one per color layer. The ink is then effectively squeegee'd across, "printing" that color on the image below. This gives you greater control over the inks, allowing for thicker layers or alternative inks (glow in the dark, metallic, etc).

The big concern should be how big your print run is. Since screenprinting requires building multiple block-out frames, it'd be a lot of work for only 20 prints. You're also not going to get photo-realistic detail via screenprinting, although they're getting damn close. Besides those two caveats, I think most people here prefer screenrpints.

IronRinn

Wooden Nickel has some new stuff up (and new artists)

"Dawn of Justice" by Daniel Nash. 16" x 20" giclee, open edition, $30

Room by Jerickson Abuel. 17" x 11" giclee, edition of 150, $50

They also have two new pieces by Christoper Shy:

Ghostbusters 18" x 24" giclee, edition of 150, $65. 24" x 36" giclee, 75, $115.

Rashomon18" x 24" giclee, edition of 150, $65. 24" x 36" giclee, 75, $115.

Meier

I've never even heard of Silent Running. Really dig that though.. making me feel a little nervous about skipping a recent Eng commission.

Luderico

Thursday, May 12th on Mondo:
High-Rise by Jay Shaw. 18" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 100, $40

I loooove the movies of Ben Wheatley. Kill List one of my favorites. Would've blind bought the poster.
Just not a fan of Jay Shaws art. Don't think its bad or something, but also don't makes me horny.

IronRinn

I loooove the movies of Ben Wheatley. Kill List one of my favorites. Would've blind bought the poster.
Just not a fan of Jay Shaws art. Don't think its bad or something, but also don't makes me horny.
I love Ben Wheatley as well. And I love this print, too. But I haven't seen the movie and I don't need anymore prints. But then again, it might end up like Shaw's print for A Field in England which I hadn't seen at the time and love now but can't find the print for a decent price. Decisions decisions.

Instead, let's just watch the trailer for Silent Running.

omgkitty

Did you pick the Mixed Merchandise option? That usually around $20 for me. Domestic Poster Shipping comes to $15.60.

That's the only option it gave me. I assumed there being a record as well may have fucked up something in their system? I sent them a message.

IronRinn

That's the only option it gave me. I assumed there being a record as well may have fucked up something in their system? I sent them a message.
I would assume that is their combined shipping option for a record and print on the same order.

Edit: Oh wait, you're saying you didn't order the record. Weird. Trying to go through checkout, I saw two shipping options.

Luderico

I love Ben Wheatley as well. And I love this print, too. But I haven't seen the movie and I don't need anymore prints. But then again, it might end up like Shaw's print for A Field in England which I hadn't seen at the time and love now but can't find the print for a decent price. Decisions decisions.

Instead, let's just watch the trailer for Silent Running.

And did you end up buying one?
Checked Mondo and was suprised that High Rise is sold out.
Instead of SIlent Running.

Luderico

Tomorrow, Friday, May 13th at 12pm CST on The Vacvvm: “Vernal Equinox” by Teagan White.

18″ x 24″ screenprint, numbered edition of 100, $45

This is really nice. Teagan loves her animals. Kicking myself hard for not buying her Foxing gig print a few weeks ago. Just saw these guys live. Fuckin awesome.

Framed something i wanted to frame for some time.

SteviePlunder

Neo Member
It's a damn shame Silent Running is a bad movie because that poster is fantastic.

I own this movie & love it.
A g-rated kids movie from 1972 about pollution destroying all plant life on earth & man then deciding it would be more profitable to destroy the only remaining samples of this plant life rather than save it.
The movie ends with the dude choosing to spend the rest off his life alone floating through space to save these samples. BRUTAL!

The Eng Silent Running is fantastic. It's one of those posters where even if you don't know the movie, it makes you want to know more about it -- which is really the original purpose of movie posters anyways.

Top Bottom