• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

Yeah that's how malleus operates from my experience. First noticed it with neve. That's why for their releases I always try to get in early. The last copy is usually the most expensive.

Rayven

aka surume
My kid is currently obsessed with bugs so I grabbed this piece for his room:
Z2Eimbt.jpg

"Gnomad" Art Print by Frans Boukas $60

Edit: What kind of cases do you guys get for spare prints you don't intend to frame? I see lots of artist portfolios on amazon, but portability isn't a priority for me.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Edit: What kind of cases do you guys get for spare prints you don't intend to frame? I see lots of artist portfolios on amazon, but portability isn't a priority for me.
Ideally you have a flat file to store prints. If you don't have the room, a large portfolio or a foamcore sandwich is next best option. You can at least tuck that under a bed or something.

Browny

Banned

Ideally you have a flat file to store prints. If you don't have the room, a large portfolio or a foamcore sandwich is next best option. You can at least tuck that under a bed or something.

Word of warning though - A1 portfolios are all well and good, but those 36"x24" prints won't fit - and the price jump to an A0 is quite a lot...

Edit: just after I write this, my Watership Down from Raid has arrived on my desk - and I can't open it because I have no way of storing it yet. My works software voucher reward can't come soon enough :-(

IronRinn

Update for Bottleneck's screening of Alien:

Captain Joe Bottleneck said:
Unfortunately there was an issue with timing for all of the prints. We will have the print on display, take orders and offer free shipping/pickups at the gallery but they won't be there for the screening. Should hopefully get them in next week.

Bright side is that you won't need to do the drop for the Laurents on Wednesday.

People make and a m sell these and no license? Just a bit confused on the legalities of this

It depends. Sometimes they are licensed, sometimes they aren't.

Word of warning though - A1 portfolios are all well and good, but those 36"x24" prints won't fit - and the price jump to an A0 is quite a lot...

Yeah, I went for the Foamcore sandwich route and I kind of don't like it. Less "clean" than having a portfolio, so I'm gonna save up for one.

IronRinn

Durieux Alien. Leftovers will be up on Bottleneck on Wednesday, April 27th at 12PM ET.

24" x 36", 9 color screen print, numbered edition of 550, $65

24" x 36", 9 color screen print, numbered edition of 225, $85

Comingsoon said:

IronRinn

Tomorrow, Tuesday, April 26th at 12 PM ET on Bottleneck:

"should we take a look inside?" (Regular) by Mark Englert. 12" x 36", 7 color screen print with glow in the dark layer, timed edition until April 27th at 1pm eastern, $50

"should we take a look inside?" (Variant) by Mark Englert. 12" x 36", 7 color screen print with glow in the dark layer, numbered edition of 225, $65

Hide and Seek by Chris Skinner. 18" x 24", 6 color metallic screen print, numbered edition of 175, $45

Lastly, only because the funds go to a good cause:

Also, for one day only, you will be able to purchase an Alien inspired Jonesy enamel pin. 100% of all profits will be donated to the Bianca's Furry Friends campaign at the North Shore Animal League. Plus, we will be throwing in one of three random Alien inspired pins that were created for the screening. The set of 2 pins will cost $12 and shipping is free. We will announce how much was raised from the sale on Wednesday.

Last but not least, we will be auctioning off a metal variant of Laurent's print on eBay where 100% of all of the proceeds will go to the campaign as well. We will post the link on our Facebook page once the auction starts on Tuesday.

Just want to say I don't have any posters (use to have a few when I was younger) batman the movie stuff was pretty good. I really enjoy this thread and if I ever have extra funds in my life going to shoot for some posters. lovely

something like this

but I think the names werent there? not sure... felt there wasnt any words either but maybe. I think I had a joker an I use to try to keep all my posters from magazines that had them as well (games, star wars, boba fett etc) I may still have those but horrible condition sadly. Would like to get back into heavy collecting if possible.

IronRinn

Tomorrow, Tuesday, April 26th on Mondo:

Kilian Eng 24" x 36" screen print, numbered edition of 300. Printed by D&L Screenprinting, $50

Mike Saputo 24" x 36" screen print, numbered edition of 225. Printed by D&L Screenprinting, $45

(Variant) Mike Saputo. 24" x 36" screen print, numbered edition of 125. Printed by D&L Screenprinting, $65

Jay Shaw 18.5" x 24.5" solvent print on 9mil front print backlit polyester film, edition of 70. Printed by CBS Graphics, $60

Luderico

Durieux Alien. Leftovers will be up on Bottleneck on Wednesday, April 27th at 12PM ET.

24" x 36", 9 color screen print, numbered edition of 550, $65

24" x 36", 9 color screen print, numbered edition of 225, $85

Not bad by any means. But also kind of generic. Gotta think of the piece from Hero Complex back at the 35th anniversary.

I'll never understand how these sales work. I wasn't too attached to any of the posters but I was around so I thought I'd try, for fun. Sitting here refreshing from 11:59 onward. The second they go up for sale I have it in my cart and in checkout and it says it's sold out. I got my entertainment for today.

I'm not gonna lie, I tried for it just as trade bait. Not really down for increasingly fancy variants. The demand for this one sets a real bummer of a precedent, get ready for more wackiness.
Sorry you guys couldn't score though.

IronRinn

And we are up over $400 now.

I'm not gonna lie, I tried for it just as trade bait. Not really down for increasingly fancy variants. The demand for this one sets a real bummer of a precedent, get ready for more wackiness.
Sorry you guys couldn't score though.
You monster...people like you...ruining the hobby...something something something.

Hey folks! In celebration of ALIEN day, I designed a japanese homage to the original advance promo poster! Only 50 of them, $35 each, 18x24 3 color screen print with silver metallics! Theirs also a variant on sand speckletone french paper, still unsure on that edition size on that though! Also have a screen printed tee up for $11, gone at midnight! Cheers! ♥ http://theyetee.com/shop/detail.php?itemid=DREW-Xeno
Good work! I like that a lot.

Also, don't forget that Beckett drop at Burlesque today. No time announced yet.

IronRinn

It's bots all the way down.

Also:

bottleneckgallery said:
13109111_174207016306738_688140566_n.jpg

A little giveaway by @raid71 for tonight's Alien Day event at @syndicatedbk. First 55 in line will receive it. #xenomorph #alien #alienday #art #alienday426

IronRinn

Tried for the Beckett for shits and giggles. Got to the address screen once but that was about it. JPG made the paper look blue, which was weird.

IronRinn

Soon:

13092457_1186292141401457_810194381_n.jpg

sirmitchell said:
Up next, the Japanese White-eye. I saw this little dude on a recent trip to Kauai, and immediately knew I had to give it the Fat Bird treatment. It's off to the printers to be proofed and will be in the shop in the near future.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I wish I knew y'all were trying--I would have grabbed it for one of y'all. I got to paypal easily but noticed it was blue instead of black and decided I didn't want that color.

IronRinn

Friday, April 29th at 12:30 PM PST on Dark Hall Mansion: The Phantom of the Opera by Nicolas Delort

18" x 24" screen print, numbered edition of 280, $65
Foil edition of 10, $150
Canvas edition (giclee) of 5 $250

18" x 24" screen print, numbered edition of 50, $100
Foil edition of 10, $150
Canvas edition (giclee) of 5 $250

I was thinking of trying to sang an Alien mondo poster for my brother, he's a huge fan, good thing I didn't tell him as it seems this mondo drop was near impossible to get one

IronRinn

Mondo stuff for Texas Frightmare this weekend:

Scream by Gary Pullin. 24" x 18" screen print, edition of 225, $40

The Conjuring by Randy Ortiz. 24" x 36" screen print, edition of 225, $45

Nightmare on Elm Street by Mike Saputo. 36" x 24" screen print, edition of 225 $45

Nightmare on Elm Street (Variant) by Mike Saputo. 36" x 24" screen print, edition of 125, $65

White Zombie by Elvisdead. 36" x 24" screen print, edition of 150, $40

Jaws by Matt Ryan Tobin. 36" x 24" screen print, edition of 275, $45

Jaws (Variant) by Matt Ryan Tobin. 36" x 24" screen print, edition of 125, $65

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
The Lichtenstein homage is cute.

Think I'd like the Jaws better if was just a straight up shark image without the shoreline.

Top Bottom