• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Robin Hood by Tom Whalen via Cyclops Print Works!
This 24 x 36-inch screenprint is an edition of 290 and goes on sale Tuesday at 3:00pm ET at this link.
osriyacyqdg2rquhyav3.jpg

suplex

Not a big fan of that Rocky. Useless variant too.

Probably my will try for the Keyes. I'm a nerd for eagles and bears, and I'm a fan of that style.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
If it makes you feel any better I've gone on a print commission binge since Feb. Total so far spent on commissions is just north of $2000 =(

Total amount of prints you'll have in-hand by the end of the year: 2.

suplex

I am in zero commissions which will stay that way unless someone commissions something rad for Commando or Con Air.

I did buy one commission on the aftermarket, Florey Lion King.

Most of the commissions I see range from meh to comically bad. There are a few decent ones I suppose.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I am in zero commissions which will stay that way unless someone commissions something rad for Commando or Con Air.

I did buy one commission on the aftermarket, Florey Lion King.

Most of the commissions I see range from meh to comically bad. There are a few decent ones I suppose.

Foil for Bennet's chainmail and impaling pipe plz.

RE: commissions, I wouldn't say the majority are bad but I've only seen a handful that I regret not knowing about.

Filthy Slug

Wow. That sold out fast. Was hoping to scoop one. :(

Yeah, one of the fasted I've seen for Cyclops. It's a fantastic piece, and I'm super curious about how the metallics look on it.

Bii

Robin Hood by Tom Whalen via Cyclops Print Works!
This 24 x 36-inch screenprint is an edition of 290 and goes on sale Tuesday at 3:00pm ET at this link.

*Please Note: There will also be a variant edition available on Saturday, July 23, 2016 at San-Diego Comic-Con 2016 Booth #2643 (we'll be there as part of Gallery Nucleus' booth).

Mockingbird, wanna hold a variant for me? :p

IronRinn

Today, Wednesday June 8th at 1`2pm ET on Bottleneck: "We'll Sleep When the Fire Dies" by Arsenal Handicraft.

MiuHx5u.gif

16" x 20" screen print with GID inks. Signed and numbered edition of 180, $50

Bottleneck said:
They basically figured out a way to use two colors of GID ink to make the camp fire in the piece fade after 15 minutes and only have the moon and the stars remaining.

LaneDS

Won't get it, but that's a fun Bottleneck release.

And an Olly Overwatch set would be amazing. Olly anything would be welcome please let us give you more money thank you okay bye.

LaneDS

Variant has a billing block. Damn.

Interesting. Doesn't stop him from being a Big Time Videogamesman, though. My original statement stands!

Aw man, would have bought the variant for sure. Oh well... went to charity so I can't feel badly about that at all.

Filthy Slug

Hey Fancy Paper Gaf! I have an artist friend who I've been slowly submerging in the Fancy Paper game, and she's been so inspired by everything that she wanted to join in on the fun, and started painting these tiny 2"x2" pop culture pieces. She's put out a Studio Ghibli showcase on her etsy store today, and I figured I'd mention it here because I think it's rad, it's super cheap pop-culture-y art, and I asked her to hook up a discount code for gaf!

Here's a link to the shop: Tiny Temple Shoppe
And the discount should be good for 15% off: STUDIOGHIBLI15.
And here's a quick example of some of the paintings:

fallengorn

Florian's original stuff usually is pricey. Remember being jazzed about what he brought to Mondo-con last year, but then when I heard the price... yikes.

Filthy Slug

Glad you grabbed one, dude! Now we can all add sweet Kubrick coasters to our collections.

errr...letterpresses.

ohkay

Hey Fancy Paper Gaf! I have an artist friend who I've been slowly submerging in the Fancy Paper game, and she's been so inspired by everything that she wanted to join in on the fun, and started painting these tiny 2"x2" pop culture pieces. She's put out a Studio Ghibli showcase on her etsy store today, and I figured I'd mention it here because I think it's rad, it's super cheap pop-culture-y art, and I asked her to hook up a discount code for gaf!

Here's a link to the shop: Tiny Temple Shoppe
And the discount should be good for 15% off: STUDIOGHIBLI15.
And here's a quick example of some of the paintings:
I feel slightly obligated to buy the spirited away one

Filthy Slug

I feel slightly obligated to buy the spirited away one

Haha, that's awesome!

Also, just in general, I'm always bummed when Porco Rosso gets no love in piles of Ghibli art. Give me more of that damn flying pig!

Filthy Slug

Best Porco (by Matt Ferguson)-

So sad I missed the sign up for that Ferguson Porco Rosso. Bleh, just like with his Nausicaa, I'm gonna have to hit ebay eventually.

I wish he'd continue and do more Ghibli prints in that style.

fallengorn

On sale today on The Vacvvm at 2pm CST.

yIgkTad.jpg

VCVM079: "The Winter Cull"
Art Print by Randy Ortiz
18" x 24" Screenprint, Signed/Numbered Edition of 56, $45

IronRinn

Today, Friday, June 10th at 12pm ET on Bottleneck: "Purrfect Day" by Raid71.

Garfield%2B-%2BPurrfect%2BDay_1%2Bby%2BChris%2BThornley.jpg

Garfield%2B-%2BPurrfect%2BDay_2%2Bby%2BChris%2BThornley.jpg

Garfield%2B-%2BPurrfect%2BDay_3%2Bby%2BChris%2BThornley.jpg

8" x 10", 3 giclee set. Numbered edition of 50, $45

IronRinn

Tuesday, June 14th at 12:30pm PST on Dark Hall Mansion: "On the Mound" by Marq Spusta.

2a5d7209-09f9-4f6f-9876-32c596f6040f.png

Blue Sky Edition, 12" x 12" screen print. Numbered edition of 550, $50

f4ebfa20-b582-4f23-9405-180b3efb4456.png

Storm Cloud Edition, 12" x 12" screen print. Numbered edition of 150, $75

6c653dae-86ce-4129-9cd7-c338aa044396.png

Infield Green Edition, 12" x 12" screen print. Numbered edition of 80, $90

b066494a-d52d-468a-bdb8-ed4e7a65e948.png

Gold Edition, 12" x 12" screen print. Numbered edition of 60, $125

Top Bottom