• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

Tomorrow, Thursday, August 11th on Mondo: Malick Continued.

The Tree of Life by Tomer Hanuka. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 225, $45

The Tree of Life (Variant) by Tomer Hanuka. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 125, $65

Days of Heaven by Laurent Durieux. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 325, $65

Days of Heaven (Variant) by Laurent Durieux. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 175, $85

Digging the Durieux. Nice little touch with the back of the dress.

Holy shit

My next 2 purchases, I hope I can get these tomorrow

Did anyone catch this in the Bottleneck instagram feed?

13704115_315642052113539_531797279_n.jpg

MY GOD DAMN DICK AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Luderico

Tomorrow, Thursday, August 11th on Mondo: Malick Continued.

The Tree of Life by Tomer Hanuka. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 225, $45

The Tree of Life (Variant) by Tomer Hanuka. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 125, $65

Days of Heaven by Laurent Durieux. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 325, $65

Days of Heaven (Variant) by Laurent Durieux. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 175, $85

Digging the Durieux. Nice little touch with the back of the dress.

The Tomer. I need that. Man what a beaut.

suplex

I like the Durieux, but the hidden faces in the dress are kinda lame. Some prints don't need something like that, and this is one of them.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Still can't decide if I want reg or variant Days of Heaven. That Durieux tax on the cost is making it harder.

Reg, although the light blue sky is nice, it fucks with the overall image, I feel.

LaneDS

+1 on the Tree of Life variant. Feels weird buying something like that despite not seeing the film (but man I liked the trailer years back... that counts right?!).

Really like the piece though, and will now go and watch the movie and hopefully enjoy that.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
+1 on the Tree of Life variant. Feels weird buying something like that despite not seeing the film (but man I liked the trailer years back... that counts right?!).

Really like the piece though, and will now go and watch the movie and hopefully enjoy that.

Communicating that the entire scene is under water in that way is fucking brilliant, and really the winning feature of the piece. It's impressive and tranquil, and one of Hanuka's best, I feel.

omgkitty

Hoo boy. Guy came up and started talking to me at work at 10:45...almost had an aneurysm. Then I got through and it told me my damn zip code was wrong so I had to quickly use paypal. Got both though.

IronRinn

DoH variant is essentially sold out. Somebody is hot potato-ing the last one. (EDIT: Someone got it, finally.) ToL variant is down to 4.

Filthy Slug

I've said it before, people don't actually watch movies, especially not Mondo fans. It's why they do the same 10 properties over and over again.

It's also WAY easier to license certain properties. And I think, in general, many galleries have been going for a more varied approach this year.

I think we all done with Iron Giant now.

Filthy Slug

Maybe we can start a new thread for fights? What do you guys think?

My Kevin Tong Rocketeer from Mondo just showed up.

It's pretty damn amazing in person, colors really pop. Just wish that he could've used metallic inks a bit more heavily in the helmet.

Meier

In a commission where I am quite underwhelmed. A shame, hopefully I can at least sell it for face value.. whenever it actually comes.

omgkitty

In a commission where I am quite underwhelmed. A shame, hopefully I can at least sell it for face value.. whenever it actually comes.

Welcome to commissions. Always wonder why I join so many. I feel like I only end up liking 10% of the ones I'm in.

I'm in 2 that I absolutely hate. And a bunch that I love! The up side is that even the ones I don't like employ artists that I do like, and helping to support artists gives me the warm fuzzies.

omgkitty

I'm in 2 that I absolutely hate. And a bunch that I love! The up side is that even the ones I don't like employ artists that I do like, and helping to support artists gives me the warm fuzzies.

Those are the most disappointing to me. It's why I for the most part have ignored Eng commissions.

Those are the most disappointing to me. It's why I for the most part have ignored Eng commissions.

I feel you there. Starship Troopers and 2001 are the two he really killed, and I have neither. Matrix was good but not outstanding, same with Tron. Everything else... feels a little phoned in.

Edit: ICO! So damn good! Another one I don't have hahaha

omgkitty

I feel you there. Starship Troopers and 2001 are the two he really killed, and I have neither. Matrix was good but not outstanding, same with Tron. Everything else... feels a little phoned in.

Just goes to show how much a good art director helps some artists. I also think feedback from group commissions is like yelling into a void. Everyone wants something different and most of it is shit.

Top Bottom