• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

IronRinn

Available at Thought Bubble from Black Dragon Press: "Aladdin and the Enchanted Lamp" by Nicolas Delort:

al-reg.194939.jpg
24" x 36", 3 colour screen print on ultra black paper. Signed and numbered regular edition of 120, £50

24" x 36" screen print, metallic gold on ultra black paper. Signed and numbered variant edition of 30, £80

So many recent releases from Nico. The guy is a real workhorse, maybe to his detriment? All of his work is solid, but little is exciting. His entry in the Vacvvm portfolio looked phoned in. Not trying to shit on the guy at all, he's done plenty of top shelf stuff.

So many recent releases from Nico. The guy is a real workhorse, maybe to his detriment? All of his work is solid, but little is exciting. His entry in the Vacvvm portfolio looked phoned in. Not trying to shit on the guy at all, he's done plenty of top shelf stuff.

I personally feel like he has more exciting releases than not but to each their own.

Nick Delort print tier list. GO!

WARNING: opinions follow

Top Tier:
Nosferatu
Aguirre
Universal Monsters (all great!)
Charlie Browns

Mid Tier:
Path of Faith
Woman's Courage
Penelope
Jaws
End of the Road (wood edition is pretty nice, if I had the big one it'd be top tier)
Classical Triptych
LoZ

Meh Tier:
Sunken Cathedral (Vacvvm potfolio)
King Kong
Black Stallion
Batman
Wonder Woman

That's not even everything from just the past few years.

WARNING: opinions follow

Top Tier:
Nosferatu
Aguirre
Universal Monsters (all great!)
Charlie Browns

Mid Tier:
Path of Faith
Woman's Courage
Penelope
Jaws
End of the Road (wood edition is pretty nice, if I had the big one it'd be top tier)
Classical Triptych
LoZ

Meh Tier:
Sunken Cathedral (Vacvvm potfolio)
King Kong
Black Stallion
Batman
Wonder Woman

That's not even everything from just the past few years.

Solid tier list. Fox is in a tier of his own tho.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Was just gonna post that ATB! Matt Taylor stays killing it on colors, but man, dude needs to spend more time focused on the main image and less time on the title treatment. I'd happily grab one, as it's one of my favorite movies (it's the only Stout I have framed), but I wish dude would focus more on the main images he's presenting.

Very cool. Wished I jumped on the Stout Attack the Block way back when. Surprised those lasted as long as they did.

You can find them for super cheap on ebay (I got mine for less than cost like a year or slightly more ago). And it's probably my favorite Stout--so many great callbacks to the movie and just so impressive in person.

LaneDS

What Slug posted has really amazing color, and I was going to also say that Taylor has been doing some really neat stuff lately. Basically I have nothing original to add to the conversation, okay bye!

Was just gonna post that ATB! Matt Taylor stays killing it on colors, but man, dude needs to spend more time focused on the main image and less time on the title treatment. I'd happily grab one, as it's one of my favorite movies (it's the only Stout I have framed), but I wish dude would focus more on the main images he's presenting.

You can find them for super cheap on ebay (I got mine for less than cost like a year or slightly more ago). And it's probably my favorite Stout--so many great callbacks to the movie and just so impressive in person.

Funny, because I kind of feel the opposite about these two prints.

Don't get me wrong, I like them both, but I really don't go after the posters that just toss all the characters in and give it a background with some scenes from the movie.

I prefer the cleaner, more focused prints like the John Barry Ballaran The Little Mermaid Hero Complex Gallery print:

Craig Drake's the Matrix Bottleneck Gallery print:

Or Kevin Ang's Casablanca Hero Complex Gallery Print:

My only issue with the Matt Taylor ATB print is the size. I'd love it to be a bit bigger, but it's a screen print so I understand. I just wish all of my posters were 24x36 so I could make frames more easily.

I'm going to try and pick it up just for the colors and the novelty of the glow in the dark aspect, though.

But yeah, while I really have a sense of amazement for the likes of Ansin with his posters chock full of detail, I like less cluttered designs in my poster collection.

Meier

Very cool. Wished I jumped on the Stout Attack the Block way back when. Surprised those lasted as long as they did.

They had a ton left over from the gallery show here in Austin. I still don't have any of Tyler Stout's prints actually -- ultimately passed but it's really sharp.

IronRinn

Tomorrow, Thursday, November 12th at 2pm CT on The Vacvvm:

“Ghosts of Growth” by Mike Sutfin. 16″ x 20″ giclee with screenprinted border and embellishment, edition of 90, $50

“Gypsy Toad” by Brandon Holt. 15″ x 20″ screenprint, edition of 60, $40

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I really like that toad. I almost feel like a letterpress of that would be fucking amazing.

IronRinn

Available Friday, November 13th at 1pm ET on Grey Matter:

ROADTORUINfinal11.jpg

"The Road to Ruin" by Timothy Pittides
18″ x 24″, 3 color screen print featuring metallic glitter overlay,printed on 100lb French Packing Chip Kraft-Tone Paper. Signed and Numbered edition of 75, $35

All three of these will look really good together, if you were lucky enough to grab the first two.

Unit 33

Ooh, I'll be at Thoughtbubble too as 'AAAB Illustration' (Sharing a table with pigeonsaresick).

Here's a fun Firefly screen print I made especially:
JIOdklO.jpg

Filthy Slug

Please let there be a print of that Beckett piece. God damn that is fantastic.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Mondo. Random time. Tomorrow:

Batman: The Animated Series - Nothing to Fear by Phantom City Creative.
18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 275. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Batman: The Animated Series - If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich? by Phantom City Creative.
18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 250. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

So soon after the last batch of BTAS stuff. The timing is killing me.

Filthy Slug

November continuing the trend of being the most brutal poster month. Way too much good shit drops in November.

Top Bottom