• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

IronRinn

Today, Friday November 6th at 2pm CT on Posterandtoys.com: Tomer Hanuka and Kilian Eng APs.

hanuka_thegraduate_finalapproved_1024_1024x1024.jpg
The Graduate by Tomer Hanuka 24" x 36" Screenprint, AP Edition of 40, $45

The Graduate by Tomer Hanuka (Variant) 24" x 36" Screenprint, AP Edition of 25, $65

Flash Gordon by Kilian Eng 24" x 36" Screenprint, AP Edition of 50, $50

Zabojnik

I received my first Daniel Danger today, the elephant one. My first print (that isn't a 5$ shitty poster) ever.

CTIkhiVVAAAIi4P.png

Can't wait for the 'where do you go' one to arrive.

IronRinn

For people who are attending Thought Bubble this year, here is what Raid71 will have for sale:

Things for Thought Bubble:
Yes there will be 1 Mead Streets available
Only 5 of the Taxi Driver (Around Town)
The rest are AP's (5-10 off each)

Free postcards and I have a few Illuminate books to give out as well.

1 DareDevil poster, I'm giving it away to the first person to turn up at the table

Great Great Showdown Hunt is live again. 2 in NYC, 1 London, 1 Boston. 1 NY and London are found already.

Anybody in NYC going for the last one? It's up in Queens so no go for me.

Edit: All found now.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I received my first Daniel Danger today, the elephant one. My first print (that isn't a 5$ shitty poster) ever.

Can't wait for the 'where do you go' one to arrive.

Hey, did you get any shipping notice? I picked it up on the drop and haven't heard anything since.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Great Great Showdown Hunt is live again. 2 in NYC, 1 London, 1 Boston. 1 NY and London are found already.

Anybody in NYC going for the last one? It's up in Queens so no go for me.

Edit: All found now.

Tried going for the Warriors... missed it by by maybe 5 minutes. :(

Tried going for the Warriors... missed it by by maybe 5 minutes. :(

Damn, that one went quick. Doing it in the middle of the week is rough for me. It would literally have to be planted in my office lobby for me to have a chance at it. It's fun to follow on twitter at least.

Zabojnik

Hey, did you get any shipping notice? I picked it up on the drop and haven't heard anything since.

Yeah, I received an email from Storenvy on the 26th, 10 days later it was here in Europe (sent via USPS). Not too shabby.

The other awesome thing is that I didn't have to pay any custom charges / import taxes, because whoever sent it put a declared value of 15$ on the tube. Is this standard practice for this sort of merchandise? I sure hope so, lol.

Wait.

The yellow border Star Wars print is the standard?

Not the variant?

Shiiiiiiiiiit.

I wasn't in a hurry to try and cop the variant because I thought it was the yellow border version.

Joke's on me, I guess. Do I still like the poster enough that the yellow border won't take away from it?

Hmm....

Sushigod7

Yeah yellow is reg, it looks great I think a frame is going to cover 1/4 or more of that if you really hate it you could always get a thin mat cut for the edges. I like it because it makes the title yellow which is how it should be.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yeah, I received an email from Storenvy on the 26th, 10 days later it was here in Europe (sent via USPS). Not too shabby.

The other awesome thing is that I didn't have to pay any custom charges / import taxes, because whoever sent it put a declared value of 15$ on the tube. Is this standard practice for this sort of merchandise? I sure hope so, lol.

I think DD tweeted that any order without 'where do you go' is being shipped by Monday

Cool, thanks guys! I've been waiting to see this elephant in person.

Filthy Slug

Well Danger did sell a $5000 dollar random mystery box item a few months back. (The shit in the package-deal ended up being fucking rad.)

Filthy Slug

You have a link to what was in there? I lost track of it. (And I'm lazy.)

Haha, same. I know the dude who picked it up was Odess, and I know he got some originals, including this one red piece that looked amazing.

I don't think he opened the actual giant box from Daniel, however.

Luderico

Today, Friday November 6th at 2pm CT on Posterandtoys.com: Tomer Hanuka and Kilian Eng APs.

The Graduate by Tomer Hanuka 24" x 36" Screenprint, AP Edition of 40, $45

The Graduate by Tomer Hanuka (Variant) 24" x 36" Screenprint, AP Edition of 25, $65

Flash Gordon by Kilian Eng 24" x 36" Screenprint, AP Edition of 50, $50

Up

Filthy Slug

Got in Ken Taylor's Mad Max. It's absolutely gorgeous. The blue is unbelievable.

However, really tired of how cheap Mondo is with their kraft. They throw these posters on top of kraft with like 2-3 inches up top, making it super easy for them to smash up during transit. Deadbolt needs to show Mondo how to roll and pack posters properly.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
So my friend finally shipped me the Crimson Peak prints from SDCC. Got them and they are f'd up. Check the tube (which looks fine standing up) and it's popped open like a can of Pillsbury crescent rolls.

Ugh...

At least my friend insured it.

Browny

Banned
Let it out of the tube, leave it to rest for a few days, then corner weights. The OP also has suggestions on using boards (on mobile so can't quote without wanting to throw my phone across the room).

ohkay

Yeah, counter curling sounds like a recipe for disaster. I use corner weights until it's relatively flat, then I put it in a foam core sandwich to fully flatten.

Sushigod7

Don't do that on screen prints for sure could crack or damage the paints. Corner weights or if you have room let it out and open on its own a little then weights.

Hagi

For people who are attending Thought Bubble this year, here is what Raid71 will have for sale:

Hmm might try for that Akira print if it's not too expensive. Not really going for posters though so I don't want to spend too much seeing how it's my first time being at TB.

Zabojnik

Let it out of the tube, leave it to rest for a few days, then corner weights. The OP also has suggestions on using boards (on mobile so can't quote without wanting to throw my phone across the room).

Yeah, counter curling sounds like a recipe for disaster. I use corner weights until it's relatively flat, then I put it in a foam core sandwich to fully flatten.

Don't do that on screen prints for sure could crack or damage the paints. Corner weights or if you have room let it out and open on its own a little then weights.

Roger that.

Almost forgot to put in my order for the Gabz Star Wars print. Not even the yellow border is enough to deter me.

In the meantime, I picked up the following from our Extra Life fundraiser this weekend:

ENuy7Mj.jpg

One of my favorite games, and to top it all off, the poster and frame are decent quality.

It's not perfect, but the fact that the dev team signed it:

LLm1LoD.jpg

Made it worth picking it up even at a charity premium.

With 3900+ sales and the aftermarket, I think folks will have one or two opportunities to avoid a lifetime of regret!

That doesn't make it sound as dramatic though. Can't have the final countdown post and be like "Get this or you could just wait until later if you don't feel like getting it now."

Top Bottom