• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

^Nice.

Grey Matter teasing a Delort:

QHdQHp1.jpg

TWBB

omgkitty

Hey Mockingbird, since you have access to Disney and Whalen, any chance of him continuing his series of shorts prints? Perhaps something like The Band Concert, The Old Mill, The Brave Little Tailor etc?

Anyone want to start a company with me and we can get the Looney Tunes rights and have Whalen keep going with those? Warner owns the rights to Tex Avery too.

Duck Amuck
One Froggy Evening
Red Hot Riding Hood
Porky in Wackyland (black and white print with a color variant representing the remake)
Rabbit of Seville
The Great Piggy Bank Robbery
The Scarlet Pumpernickle
You Ought to Be in Pictures
Feed the Kitty

Ugh would be so cool for those to continue.

IronRinn

thats v cool. Anyone know which colors those are? When the illustration is being created. do they have to work in those separate colors or are they split off later?

Just from reading comments by various artists, I believe they do color separations afterwards. I've heard praise for both Edmiston and Kevin Tong regarding this process.

I'm excited about the pin at the show!

HEY GUYS DID SOMEONE SAY PIN?
hahaha!

I've never seen Edmistons Evil Dead print IRL, but the printing on his Halloween was straight up wizardry. I don't think anyone's going to be disappointed in his Hateful 8. I haven't seen the movie yet either but I'd feel foolish to pass it up.

omgkitty

Alien prints

alien-by-jay-shaw-18x24-solvent-print-on-9mil-front-print-backlit-polyester-film-edition-of-70.jpeg

"Alien" by Jay Shaw, 18"x24' Solvent Print on 9mil Front Print Backlit Polyester Film, Edition of 70, Printed by CBS Graphics: $60

alien-by-kilian-eng-edition-of-300-24x36-screen-print-printed-by-dl-screenprinting-50.jpeg

"Alien" by Kilian Eng, Edition of 300, 24"x36" Screen Print, Printed by D&L Screenprinting: $50

alien-by-mike-saputo-edition-of-225-regular-24x36-screen-print-printed-by-dl-screenprintin.jpeg

"Alien" by Mike Saputo, Edition of 225 (Regular), 24"x36" Screen Print, Printed by D&L Screenprinting: $45

alien-variant-by-mike-saputo-edition-of-125-24x36-screen-print-printed-by-dl-screenprintin.jpeg

"Alien (Variant)" by Mike Saputo, Edition of 125, 24"x36" Screen Print, Printed by D&L Screenprinting: $65

shaws-ripley-t-shirt-available-exclusively-at-the-alamo-drafthouses-new-york-and-los-angeles-ali.jpeg

Shaw's Ripley t-shirt will be available at the Alamo Drafthouse's New York and Los Angeles 'Alien' Day screenings, and with ticket purchase for the double features at Alamo Drafthouse locations.

IronRinn

That Shaw is pretty fucking cool, but nothing I can't live without, especially with Bottleneck's offering on the horizon.

Edit: Saputo is pretty nice, too.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Ugh. Bit on the Hateful Eight. Not even sure if I'd ever get to hang that.

Looking at the Alien prints some more, they should be Jonesy'ed up about ten percent or so.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I like Saputo's the most, but that Shaw could be really cool in person. Also, yay, credit blocks!

b3b0p

Hey Mockingbird, since you have access to Disney and Whalen, any chance of him continuing his series of shorts prints? Perhaps something like The Band Concert, The Old Mill, The Brave Little Tailor etc?

Anyone want to start a company with me and we can get the Looney Tunes rights and have Whalen keep going with those? Warner owns the rights to Tex Avery too.

Duck Amuck
One Froggy Evening
Red Hot Riding Hood
Porky in Wackyland (black and white print with a color variant representing the remake)
Rabbit of Seville
The Great Piggy Bank Robbery
The Scarlet Pumpernickle
You Ought to Be in Pictures
Feed the Kitty

Ugh would be so cool for those to continue.

Sure, how much up front investment will we need though? Can we try and get Tiny Toons thrown in there too? Bugs and Buster and the gang would be pretty swell.

omgkitty

Sure, how much up front investment will we need though? Can we try and get Tiny Toons thrown in there too? Bugs and Buster and the gang would be pretty swell.

I'm the idea man, not the account man, but sure we can do Tiny Toons too! And Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain and Freakazoid.

Luderico

Color me not impressed in regards of Mondo Alien day. Bottleneck it is your turn now.
One of my favorite movies, like ever. Watch it every few months.
Lookin forward for the Laurent one.

The Hateful Eight by Edmiston looks really cool. But would, no will, (probably) never hang it.
That said. Can't wait for some real pics of the print.

omgkitty

Color me not impressed in regards of Mondo Alien day. Bottleneck it is your turn now.
One of my favorite movies, like ever. Watch it every few months.
Lookin forward for the Laurent one.

The Hateful Eight by Edmiston looks really cool. But would, no will, (probably) never hang it.
That said. Can't wait for some real pics of the print.

We need a print of this....would be perfect

Trevelyan

Banned

I can't comment on all artists, but I've been having personal commissions done the last few months, and I've paid anything from $200 to $500.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
$225 for that alien record. Haha.

Also, if anybody else is going to the bottleneck screening let me know. It'd be cool to meet some of y'all.

IronRinn

That Shaw is going to be tough if you're after it.

Jared Muralt is offering a print for The Fall a comic project he has been working on for a while:

blackyard_poster_print_thefallmeinen_2015_630_630_s.jpg

Offset print on DIN A1, 594 x 841 mm, 250 gm2 “Bilderdruck” paper, $25.00

Not sure if this is new, but he has a pretty kickass Moby Dick print as well:

blackyard_poster_print_mobydick_2016_630_630_s.jpg

Offset, four color print on DIN A1, 594 x 841 mm, paper, $25.00

No mention of an edition size on these, if any.

IronRinn

Durieux Alien update:

And all info for the Alien prints on Monday. There will be an online sale for all remaining Laurent prints on Wednesday. It's a healthy edition from what we think so that will probably happen. That tease yesterday was just us testing something on the metal edition.

Got home to my Raid71 poster tube...have to do dad duties before I get to open it properly but on quick inspection and there's a 'Death of Zhora' Bladerunner mini print in it...looks amazing!

Does not look like there's a golden ticket in it though, so it's still out there. So sort of like Schrodinger's Cat, the golden ticket could be both in your tube and not in your tube all at the same time until you check and find out for sure! Good hunting!

Edit:
Also got Spider-Man vs Venom test print
Fast Gun
Blade Runner ray variant
Planet of the Apes
Dropping Out

All in all I am really happy with what I got and glad I went in for it.

Filthy Slug

It was initially less but then they saw that it was selling quickly and bumped up the price. Also, the only time I ordered directly from them it was a shitshow--those dudes are douches.

Filthy Slug

It's like that "tier pricing" thing, right? Shitty and potentially shady business model, but what are ya gonna do?

However, I'm glad Bottleneck put out this dope release. I saw the thing in person earlier today and it's beautiful.

Top Bottom