• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pope compares sexual abuse to "satanic Mass", says will meet victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicktendo86

I know it is great the pope is saying things like this, but, isn't it kinda the least you would expect from a pope? Rape it evil, no shit.

Chariot

I know it is great the pope is saying things like this, but, isn't it kinda the least you would expect from a pope? Rape it evil, no shit.
Thing is, that its not that obvious for pope to say things like this, when we look back at the last popes. E. g. when you look how Palpatine tried to hide the pedophile priests and Francis chopping bogged down conservative heads left and right. He is finally a popen ot only in name, but in person.

Darksol

Thing is, that its not that obvious for pope to say things like this, when we look back at the last popes. E. g. when you look how Palpatine tried to hide the pedophile priests and Francis chopping bogged down conservative heads left and right. He is finally a popen ot only in name, but in person.

The Vatican has extensive files on hundreds of its molesters. We know this because other bishops have written of it, and legal authorities have asked for access to them in the past, only to be denied by the church.

Until those files are hand delivered to the appropriate authorities, all of this means jack shit. It's putting on a good face for the media while not actually doing anything.

Chariot

The Vatican has extensive files on hundreds of its molesters. We know this because other bishops have written of it, and legal authorities have asked for access to them in the past, only to be denied by the church.

Until those files are hand delivered to the appropriate authorities, all of this means jack shit. It's putting on a good face for the media while not actually doing anything.
This is true, but as I said its a step forward. The old popes didn't even try to handle issue other than putting it under a lot of rugs.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Hopefully this is all more than just talk. The last pope being indicated in protecting pedophiles and then denying he did left a bad taste in my mouth, this is definitely something that needs to change.

This pope is like the '13 Sony E3.

He's actually doing nothing exciting, yet considering the circumstances, everyone is going to see him as a saint and the best pope since sliced popes.

You will punish pedophiles, yeah good job bro

its a step in the right direction

Where does one get sliced pope?

Chariot

Where does one get sliced pope?
Only in vatican and only if you're the pope. The new pope eats his predecessor to claim the powers if the long string if popes that eat theirs. Thats why Francis is still human; we can thank Ratzinger that he retired without dying so Francis didn't have eat him.

Kusagari

It's nice to see the Pope say stuff like this, but a lot of the time this just makes him feel like a PR mouthpiece.

I'll believe the Catholic Church will get serious on sexual abuse in the church when I see it.

Joni

Doing research into crimes for the justice department is now the territory of the church? The appropriate authorities should really do their own investigations into complaints... It would be very bad if the church was the only authority to actually investigate a crime.

Darksol

Doing research into crimes for the justice department is now the territory of the church? The appropriate authorities should really do their own investigations into complaints... It would be very bad if the church was the only authority to actually investigate a crime.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I'm in favour of the church cooperating with the police and lawyers, which they haven't to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom