• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_nla9ymQ9Al1rtm8fqo1_540.png

Kii.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

jorgeton

Really great OT. Impressed.

The glossary and cast of characters had me howling.

And lurking in here has turned me on to Tinashe. I use the first three songs on that album on a semi daily basis.

inb4 those tumblr stans who so voraciously defended All About That Bass have to stop stanning for her after this because she's talking about being a housewife

what happened to the kween of independence, body positivity + self esteem?
ibgyQ5cCrNHure.gif
This is the same dumbass who thinks feminism is hating men and "tried" to have an eating disorder but she couldn't do it.

Floridian

This month has been fucking amazing for new music so far. New Jojo/Tinashe/Kendrick/Grimes/Rihanna/Madeon in such a short time span

jbirvin-gif.5876

Mau ®;156156376 said:
Can we talk about Tinashe's "Just The Way I Like You"?

giveup.png

Let's talk about the whole mixtape

giveup.png

SaintZ

Mau ®

Rih speaks about R8

“I’ve made a lot of songs that are really, really big songs,” she said. “From the jump, they just blow up. And I wanted to kind of get back to — not that they weren’t real music, but I just wanted to focus on things that felt real, that felt soulful, that felt forever.”

“I wanted songs that I could perform in 15 years; I wanted an album that I could perform in 15 years,” she concluded. “Not any songs that were burnt out. I find that when I get on stage now, I don’t want to perform a lot of my songs. They don’t feel like me. So I want to make songs that are timeless.”

Yes, she better drag "Pon De Rihplay", "S.O.S", "Russian Roulette" and "Disturbia"!!!

Mau ®

Rihanna is performing a new song at the iHeartRadio Awards. Probably American Oxygen.

FourFiveSeconds lasted 45 seconds though. That's not timeless.

Ok it's time y'all drop this.

FourFiveForehead is still Top 3 on iTunes, Top 5 in Hot 100 and #2 on Spotify WW. It's not WFL levels, but it's not a flop or underperformance like the baboons like to say.

Ch..

Floridian

Mau ®;156162817 said:
Ok it's time y'all drop this.

FourFiveForehead is still Top 3 on iTunes, Top 5 in Hot 100 and #2 on Spotify WW. It's not WFL levels, but it's not a flop or underperformance like the baboons like to say.

Ch..

Sorry but trying to drag Pon De Replay yet praising 45S for it being potentially "timeless" when the former song literally gets more replays than 45S will ever get is just weird to me. 45S is great & all but when that second single drops it's ova.

Vazduh

Sorry but trying to drag Pon De Replay yet praising 45S for it being potentially "timeless" when the former song literally gets more replays than 45S will ever get is just weird to me. 45S is great & all but when that second single drops it's ova.

As much as I like the song, I have to admit this is true.

This gif is fucking killing me.

The fact that it looks like she's literally dropping the baby into a bin... ;_;

Mau ®

Pon De Rihplay is trash.

I'm glad she disposed of it early on.

These are the hits she doesn't play no more:

Pon de Replay
S.O.S.
Disturbia
Russian Roulette
Hard
Only Girl

I'm only mad at the rihtirement of Only Girl.

Floridian

I'll take Pon De Icon over We Found Trash anyday. I see what Rih is doing though. R8 could be one of those albums that the critics love & the fans hate, or the album that only the hardcore fans will love.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
tinahse I live
why is this girl not huge already

Floridian

Mau ®;156165742 said:
Log off. Now.

The only thing usable about that song is the video, thus the only reason why Rih won a grammy out of it. The song itself has *Natalia kill voice* no artistic integrity. It's a generic filler edm song that somehow got 10 weeks at #1. I will admit though, it's certainly "timeless".

giphy.gif

Mau ®

The only thing usable about that song is the video, thus the only reason why Rih won a grammy out of it. The song itself has *Natalia kill voice* no artistic integrity. It's a generic filler edm song that somehow got 10 weeks at #1. I will admit though, it's certainly "timeless".

giphy.gif

We Found Love is an EDM classic.

I cannot believe I'm having this conversation.

giphy.gif

Floridian

Mau ®;156171592 said:
You guys have awful taste in Rhat's music

Mau ®;156161665 said:
Yes, she better drag "Pon De Rihplay", "S.O.S", "Russian Roulette" and "Disturbia"!!!
Mau ®;156163915 said:
Pon De Rihplay is trash.
Mau ®;156168241 said:
We Found Love, Only Girl and Where Have You Been>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FourFiveSeconds>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pon De Rihplay
Mau ®;156169483 said:
Diamonds, her best song

rihanna-shocked.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom