• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

qETRyqO.gif

I fully endorse this fact.

bless

tumblr_nl8dar1qKO1ro1dyeo2_250.gif

The only thing usable about that song is the video, thus the only reason why Rih won a grammy out of it. The song itself has *Natalia kill voice* no artistic integrity. It's a generic filler edm song that somehow got 10 weeks at #1. I will admit though, it's certainly "timeless".

giphy.gif

No, it's the apex of the EDM craze of the past 7 years.

Listing to Tinashe mixtape right now and let me start by saying that Something To Feel is something directly taken out of Aaliyah's unreleased tracks.

It's so fucking good, I can't believe it's Tinashe. Lord......My stan card is gold right now.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
YEEZUS IS HEADLINING GLASTONBURY

PRAISE BE PRAISE BE PRAISE BE YAAAAAAS

supremely intrigued to see what he brings
hopefully he goes awf and doesnt spend too much time on this new slow sound

Mau ®

Jealous of you brits.

Kanye remains my best concert experience of all time.

I will try to see the Kanye x Rihanna tour if it comes near me.

Listing to Tinashe mixtape right now and let me start by saying that Something To Feel is something directly taken out of Aaliyah's unreleased tracks.

It's so fucking good, I can't believe it's Tinashe. Lord......My stan card is gold right now.
I found the mixtape boring and plodding as hell. The whole dreamy, haze-like ambience only really worked for me on "Wrong" (which absolutely slays by the by).

The drums are like...I'm ready to get my cherry popped right this time~

squidward.gif

Floridian

Wake up inside of my castle
I banish you from my heart
I do not care if you love me
You know you're wrong from the start
Wake up and I get the money
The money come every day
And it still feels like your lovin'
Ten billion dollars away
Ten billion dollars away
Ten billion dollars away

yrPfBMX.gif

Yado

I found the mixtape boring and plodding as hell. The whole dreamy, haze-like ambience only really worked for me on "Wrong" (which absolutely slays by the by).

The drums are like...I'm ready to get my cherry popped right this time~

I feel the same way about it, down to your opinion on wrong.

It's pretty bland.

Floridian

Wrong is now in my top 3 alongside BET & Far side of the Moon. It's fucking perfect & on constant repeat. The new mixtape is easy 9/10, although it's short.

yrPfBMX.gif

royalan

I feel like Tinashe is in the Brandy/Monica/Aaliyah lane, which is refreshing because we haven't had any young R&B chicks doing it like that for a minute.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I feel like Tinashe is in the Brandy/Monica/Aaliyah lane, which is refreshing because we haven't had any young R&B chicks doing it like that for a minute.

real talk she is single handedly making me interested in a genre that I've really paid no attention to

Matt_

all this tinashe stuff nearly made me forget that froot came out today
let me get into it and post my opinions tomorrow

That's the Rihanna's I've been waiting to see. Ok totally perched for R8

And 45Seconds is an amazing song, haters can stay stanning for trash like most of her material

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i understand that it was messy breakup but i think it's a bit much for him to get a tattoo of mariah being crucified

Stephen Sondheim Blasts Lady Gaga’s “Sound Of Music” Performance: “It Was A Travesty”
We were big fans of Lady Gaga’s performance at the Oscars last month, but legendary composer Stephen Sondheim definitely wasn’t.

Speaking with The Times of London, Sondheim called Mother Monster’s Sound of Music medley “a travesty.”

“It was ridiculous, as it would be from any singer who treats that music in semi-operatic style,” he said. “She had no relationship to what she was singing. What people liked was her versatility.”

royalan

Everybody's a critic I guess.

I wonder what he would say about Christina though

Probably nothing. Thing is, Christina likely wouldn't try to sing it in faux-opera voice. She'd sing in her natural voice, which is what Gaga should have done.

The offensive thing about Gaga's performance was she attempted to sing it like Julie Andrews, only what she ended up actually doing was singing in this inconsistent, overly affected way that she couldn't sustain and kept falling in and out of throughout the performance. From a "this is how this would be performed in a Broadway setting" perspective, the performance was pretty bad. And usually pop stars don't get held to such a ridiculous standard when performing showtunes, but Gaga was clearly going for that.

Azealia Banks in ‘Playboy': ‘I Hate Fat White Americans!’
On America being racist:
“I hate fat white Americans. All the people who are crunched into the middle of America, the real fat and meat of America, are these racist conservative white people who live on their farms. Those little teenage girls who work at Kmart and have a racist grandma – that’s really America.”
ibxBprSTms9LYB.gif

On her right to speak slang:
“When you rip a people from their land, from their customs, from their culture, there’s still a piece of me that knows I’m not supposed to be speaking English. I’m not supposed to be worshipping Jesus Christ. All this sh*t is unnatural to me. People will be like, ‘Oh, you’re ignorant because you don’t speak proper English.’ No. This is not mine. I don’t even want this sh*t, so I’m going to do whatever the f*ck I want with this language. I’m going to call you a f*g or a cracker or a b*tch.”
ib0on6hXDYB73J.gif

On Jay Z not trying to be accepted by White America like Pharrell and Kanye West:
“That’s the only person I have my eye set on. The race thing always comes up, but I want to get there being very black and proud and boisterous about it. You get what I mean? A lot of times when you’re a black woman and you’re proud, that’s why people don’t like you. In American society, the game is to be a nonthreatening black person. That’s why you have Pharrell or Kendrick Lamar saying, ‘How can we expect people to respect us if we don’t respect ourselves?’ He’s playing that non-threatening black man sh*t, and that gets all the white soccer moms going, ‘We love him.’ Even Kanye West plays a little bit of that game – ‘Please accept me, white world.’ Jay Z hasn’t played any of those games, and that’s what I like.”

i4acD4SUsd06j.gif

NAWT Legendary Broadway Composer Stephen Sondheim having pretty much the exact same problem with Gaga's performance that I did.

Great minds think alike.

iy9aOtZZbSdKl.gif

Did you break a heel running in here when you saw that posted, siS?

You're the first person I thought of when it was posted. Kii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom