• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintZ

Charli for Maxim

CCuDjenUIAAfKMR.jpg

ijlwdCLr2Tbi5.gif

ALBUM ART + TITLE

CCtgcV5UIAAnBS4.jpg

Leona also talked about two new songs, "Thunder" and "Another Love Song" (the latter's title sounds so cheeky, probably a dig at Syco's meddling in her songwriting).

New review by the Mirror:

Happy? She might have sung about it, but Leona Lewis hasn't always seemed it.

So, the beaming, dancing woman on stage at a private show in London was a revelation.

Promoting her new music – including the electrifying new single Fire – to a small crowd of family, friends and journalists, Lewis was a joy to behold.

The X Factor star has finally thrown off the shackles of an increasingly unhappy partnership with Simon Cowell’s record label, Syco, and the change in her is astounding.

Gone is the uncomfortable, uncommunicative girl, restricted by bodycon dresses and the shackles of pop perfection.

The newly confident singer looked radiant and happy in a simple white shirt, jeans and suede tunic, her hair hanging loose as she whirled around the tiny stage.

Gone is the artist criticised for being boring or unable to connect with a public greedy for instant sound bites and paparazzi fodder.

Not a natural exhibitionist, the 30-year-old has always preferred to let her music do the talking, but in front of a small crowd of friends, family and journalists she relaxed and showed a sweet, natural charm.

“There have been a lot of changes in my life recently. Thank you for letting me be myself,” she grinned to the ecstatic crowd as she blasted through five new tracks from her upcoming album.

There are nods to the percussive drive of One Republic and full-bodied retro bombast of Mark Ronson in Lewis’ joyously thrilling new material.

Ladders and I Am are instant crowd-pleasers with thumping basslines and euphoric choruses, which even saw Lewis grabbing a tambourine and pounding out a hook on the piano.

But the singer-songwriter has also found a new depth to her ballads. “I’ve learned to be thankful for the lows as much as the highs,” she told the enraptured audience.

The beautiful ballad, Thank You, is dedicated to her parents who helped her through some difficult times as she discovered that “at thirty I can still cry in the middle of the night and need to call my mum.”

Fittingly Leona ends it all on a high, finishing with the rousing new single Fire, which celebrates her thrilling new metamorphosis.

“I got fire under my feet and I feel it in my heartbeat,” she sang as she lit up the stage.

At last, Leona Lewis is who she wants to be – and it is wonderful.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I know you want it all, I'm giving you a show
You like what I'm doin'? Drop that kitty down low
I know you want it all, I'm giving you a show
You like what I'm doin'? Drop that kitty down low
7424203d47.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Poor Tidal. Did they honestly think people would come to their service for Rhat exclusives?
ahh.gif

She doesn't have that kind of power.
ahh.gif

They can keep Sh8t.
ahh.gif

Vazra

Tbqh, it's pretty bad.

iFfji3z.png

natalia-kills-x-factor-gif_2015-03-18_08-21-53.gif

The one about burning her ovaries, about getting raped, about giving her aids and burning her alive. Sure she did something mean but the way people see it as an opportunity to act like savages on social media is even more disgusting than what she did.

JFC, Twiiter is a cesspool.

I'm sure Natalia remains unfazed.

Have you seen her facebook? She has been reposting a lot of the hate messages people have sent her to show how disgusting people can be even after she apologized.
37f6029f9e.jpg

Floridian

The one about burning her ovaries, about getting raped, about giving her aids and burning her alive. Sure she did something mean but the way people see it as an opportunity to act like savages on social media is even more disgusting than what she did.

If she was a male judge, she wouldn't be getting this much hate & sexist comments. What she said wasn't right, but she did address it & apologized and moved on from it. The fact that she's still getting those kind of messages is tired & bothersome, and pretty much needs to stop. Ignore her if you want to, but just constantly antagonizing is just as wrong as the original situation, if not worse.

Vazra

If she was a male judge, she wouldn't be getting this much hate & sexist comments. What she said wasn't right, but she did address it & apologized and moved on from it. The fact that she's still getting those kind of messages is tired & bothersome, and pretty much needs to stop. Ignore her if you want to, but just constantly antagonizing is just as wrong as the original situation, if not worse.

Fighting bullying with more bullying isnt the answer. People are looking like morons by behaving like that and it shows how low they can go when they see an opening to be nasty at someone for doing something wrong. Worse things I have seen been done on media and they dont get even 1/3rd out of what she seems to be getting on social media. Mr. Simon Cowell has made fun of people looks and has insulted a few contestants in the past but people let it slide cause he is a man and "he is funny" and it simply shows how twisted things still are for women out there in the entertainment industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom