• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
bey, her masterplan. the Machiavellian brilliance of it.
Mother Theresa ain't got nothin on Sista' The-rih-sa tbh

EDIT:

zayn-malik-shaved-head-2015-asian-awards-gty-2.jpg

tumblr_m0dp6huCQq1rqr624o1_400.gif

Floridian

Member
Poor Pita

Another embarrassing email reveals that people at Sony don't know who singer Rita Ora is.

In an email from a man named Franklin Lack, Lack says he's excited for Pascal to meet the 24-year-old singer, who also plays Christian Grey's adopted sister Mia in Fifty Shades of Grey.

Pascal's response? She forwards it with the message, "Do u know her."

rihanna-laughing-at-iheartradio-music-awards-ariana-grande.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC

Did you read the email?

From: "Latt, Franklin" <franklin.latt@caa.com>
To: "Pascal, Amy" <Amy_Pascal@spe.sony.com>
Cc: "Lourd, Bryan" <blourd@caa.com>, "Brennan, Tracy" <tbrennan@caa.com>, "Kim, Dan" <dan.kim@caa.com>
Subject: Rita Ora

Hi Amy,
Hope you're well.
Excited for you to meet Rita Ora tomorrow.
We all sat with her today and she's an incredible spark.
Having just worked with Sam Taylor Wood and Antoine Fuqua, she'd love to continue working with great artists and find unique-strong female characters along the way.
Below and attached are some additional materials / info on the lady.
Have fun and thanks!
Franklin

Rita, 23, will appear in Universal’s upcoming FIFTY SHADES OF GREY playing the role of ‘Mia Grey’ and will appear in the next two installments of the movie.

She also recently shot a small role in the Weinstein Co. feature SOUTHPAW and her scene is opposite Jake Gyllenhaal. Harvey is a massive fan of hers.

As an artist, she is likened to a young Madonna, and is currently #1 on the charts with her song “Black Widow” – the music video follows: www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3u22OYqFGo<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3u22OYqFGo>

She is tied for the most #1 hits in the UK for a British artist.

She is also a worldwide fashion icon, having graced the covers of GQ, Interview, Elle and Harper's Bazaar, and is currently the face of the DKNY campaign.

#OOP

ijDWMXklmsMF1.gif

rhandino

Banned
Did you read the email?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

That's not the joke, the joke is that AFTER all that Amy Pascal just answered with a "Do u know her" even when he said he sat with her.

#OOP

rihanna-laughing-at-iheartradio-music-awards-ariana-grande.gif

Edit: Not that it matters tbh because she will end up like Sienna Miller or Mira Sorvino in like, 2 years kii

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

That's not the joke, the joke is that AFTER all that Amy Pascal just answered with a "Do u know her" even when he said he sat with her.

#OOP

rihanna-laughing-at-iheartradio-music-awards-ariana-grande.gif
She didn't reply, she forwarded it to someone else with the "Do u know her" - as in, not the Franklin guy.

I know, kii and all, but facts too siS

Floridian

Member
Did you read the email?

#OOP

Did you read your bolded statements?

As an artist, she is likened to a young Madonna, and is currently #1 on the charts with her song “Black Widow” – the music video follows: www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3u22OYqFGo<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3u22OYqFGo>

Young Madonna? LOL she's not an innovator nor controversial, nor has a classic album. Black widow didn't even go #1, it peaked at #3 on the top 100 US Charts. Not sure which charts that was referring to.

She is tied for the most #1 hits in the UK for a British artist.
This is old news, because Cheryl Cole, another U.K artist passed her for most #1 hits in the UK as an British artist. Look it up.

She is also a worldwide fashion icon
And this is just straight up delusional thinking. Lmao try again

rihanna-laughing-at-iheartradio-music-awards-ariana-grande.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Edit: Not that it matters tbh because she will end up like Sienna Miller or Mira Sorvino in like, 2 years kii

All that matters is that she touched you in some way.

a72e3fddacb4c2142824cd03fcaf8307.gif

Did you read your bolded statements?

Young Madonna? LOL she's not an innovator nor controversial, nor has a classic album. Black widow didn't even go #1, it peaked at #3 on the top 100 US Charts. Not sure which charts that was referring to.

This is old news, because Cheryl Cole, another U.K artist passed her for most #1 hits in the UK as an British artist. Look it up.

And this is just straight up delusional thinking. Lmao try again

rihanna-laughing-at-iheartradio-music-awards-ariana-grande.gif

Sis, I didn't write that, but, if you really need to let out some of that presseD steam, go awf.

ibsSSuxKqPX5lr.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
When Rhat is doing mediocre some sis needs to let the steam on someone who is being more successful. Let them seethe Aguilita.
a72e3fddacb4c2142824cd03fcaf8307.gif

Floridian

Member
Sis, I didn't write that, but, if you really need to let out some of that presseD steam, go awf.

ibsSSuxKqPX5lr.gif

No one said you did, but you sure were confident enough at bolding & emphasizing those delusional statements to try to print a false success image of Vita Ora. Pointing out lies isn't being pressed but keep backtracing I guess

rihanna-laughing-at-iheartradio-music-awards-ariana-grande.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
No one said you did, but you sure were confident enough at bolding & emphasizing those delusional statements to try to print a false success image of Vita Ora. Pointing out lies isn't being pressed but keep backtracing I guess

I was simply highlighting how much of a stan this Hollywood person was and FIROs impact on ha, and then you viciously @ed me.
i5PgJ0qhhoBpX.gif

Can we stop pretending that dead girl Rita Ora is going to be something?

A funny request coming from you.

i1X0wblj0bB5.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
It wasn't @ u personally of course, it was more towards the hollywood writer. That's how reps work I guess.
777ff663.gif

But the Hollywood writer is not going to read that. He's probably too busy listening to FIRO's hits, Black Widow and I Will Never Let You Down, which everybody should buy on iTunes.
777ff663.gif

Floridian

Member
But the Hollywood writer is not going to read that. He's probably too busy listening to FIRO's hits, Black Widow and I Will Never Let You Down, which everybody should buy on iTunes.
777ff663.gif

The only rita song i'm kind of perched for is A Little More based on the snippet, but she won't release it for some reason.

Floridian

Member
I just hope she has a true hit within Rh8tchet. B/C I need my bops like "Where have you been" and "Diamonds".

This Era... the disappointment so far.

tumblr_n823oj4rML1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

It's probably the same case with unapologetic where the singles weren't the best songs on the album. I have faith~

bCiAiDS.gif

The Flop

Banned
It's probably the same case with unapologetic where the singles weren't the best songs on the album. I have faith~

bCiAiDS.gif

But she at least had commercial hits on her hands with this alber.

I mean "Diamonds", "Stay", "Pour it up".

It just seems like she doesn't have that "it" song this era. Which is ok, but she seems so pressed and trying so hard to get a hit. I agrih that 4,5 Shitseconds did well for what it was, but that was just radio eating up the newest Rhiana song in over a year. Had anyone else released that, well... sis.

BBHM is a fun bop, but is it even a single?

AO, is DOA for me. won't even be pushed to radio.

I need my old Rhat back. I need the bops. My IV drip for the NAVY is running low and R8tchet is not fulfilling my prescription.

Now that's the tea.

tITetvR.gif

Floridian

Member
anyways I feel like the horse is ready to gallop
Def Jam having true foresight and dumping rhat for real talent, just iconic
image.php

But she at least had commercial hits on her hands with this alber.

I mean "Diamonds", "Stay", "Pour it up".

It just seems like she doesn't have that "it" song this era. Which is ok, but she seems so pressed and trying so hard to get a hit. I agrih that 4,5 Shitseconds did well for what it was, but that was just radio eating up the newest Rhiana song in over a year. Had anyone else released that, well... sis.

BBHM is a fun bop, but is it even a single?

AO, is DOA for me. won't even be pushed to radio.

I need my old Rhat back. I need the bops. My IV drip for the NAVY is running low and R8tchet is not fulfilling my prescription.

Now that's the tea.

tITetvR.gif
I agree that her singles have been handled way too poorly this era. There hasn't exactly been a Hard hitting single like her past albums. 45S shouldn't have been lead, BBHMM should have had proper promotion along with a M/V ready to go. AO2 shouldn't have been a TIDAL exclusive, and instead initially released for iTunes, Spotify, Vevo the same day. But Rih can handle one sabotaged era I suppose. Praying for R9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom