• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The backfire from Ci's sales. Idk who expected her to sale big, but the fact that a select few tried to drag rih with her low "3rd single" numbers implying that Jackie could have outsell R8 is still pretty hilarious tbh.

Better music than R8 anyway.

GZ5bXKr.png

HI I'M DAISY RIHRIH

Floridian

Billboard Review of Jackie 2/5

Jackie invokes the uptempo optimism of 2013's triumphant Ciara, but feels a little too familiar: "Hair pulled back, high heels, you gon' know about it by the end of this song," she sasses in signature fashion on "Kiss & Tell," but it's safe to assume most listeners already knew. The souped-up "One Woman Army" is Jackie's de rigueur ode to doing it yourself. Highlights "That's How I'm Feelin' " (featuring Missy Elliott and Pitbull) and "Give Me Love" target the dance floor in an effective, if somewhat mindless, fashion. When the party's over, Jackie concludes with the Diane Warren-penned "I Got You," a lullaby for Ciara's year-old son, Future Jr., but it feels out of place, saccharine and clichéd.

Maybe Ciara is at her best when her music's carefree -- but on Jackie, it sometimes seems like she doesn't care. Perhaps she was afraid to confront the realities of true heartache, or perhaps she has simply moved on. Good for her, but not as good for listeners:Jackie feels like a missed opportunity for a talented artist to connect with fans in a new way.
i49fMltV2bCvK.gif

3phemeral

Dude: So you've written a song about Fritos, have you ever written a song about M&Ms?
Queen: I'm sorry. It's just not a deep enough subject matter for me.​

Ceasar's Palace made an investment and they are not joking around with her promotion.

q8Ez7mJ.gif

[edit]

So much positivity!

Sorry, Haters: Hear Mariah Carey Nail High Notes at Vegas Rehearsal

The clip (which you can feast your ears on above) features spliced audio from MC’s rehearsal at The Colosseum at Caesar’s Palace earlier this week, and Mariah hits every vocal mark, from the steady belt in “Hero” to her unbelievably high-pitched range in “Emotions.” Our personal favorite is the fan who audibly yells “YAASSS” as soon as Mariah hits the first one. We feel you, guy.

LISTEN: Mariah Carey’s Vegas Rehearsal Proves She Can Still Sing

Say what you will about Mariah Carey and her vocal hiccups of the past, but dearest Mimi’s still got it.

Consider this audio of her rehearsal in Las Vegas earlier this week, ahead of her Caesar’s Palace residency:

REHEARSAL: Nails the High Notes

Mariah Carey is unreal ... we got audio of her full dress rehearsal for her Vegas show which opens tonight, and she sounds as good as she did in 1990 when she hit #1 with "Vision of Love."
Mariah performed for more than an hour Monday night to a packed house at The Colosseum at Caesar's Palace, and you gotta hear it. She hits every high note and sounds flawless.
We got audio from someone in the audience ... filled with various people who work in Vegas-related businesses. We posted a minute-and-a-half and sampled 4 songs. Wait till you hear her hit the high notes in "Emotions."
As for the naysayers who claimed she wasn't rehearsing enough ... whatever she did was clearly enough.

Mariah Carey is back! Listen to star hit those high notes in epic comeback Vegas show

Mariah Carey has been the reigning queen of the high notes - that was until she stopped hitting them.

Just a few months ago a painful video went viral after the Mariah messed up her iconic track All I Want For Christmas Is You during a festive show, and it left us all thinking whether it was over for Mariah.

But she’s BACK!

cy81jA

Link to Video

Frodo

Dude: So you've written a song about Fritos, have you ever written a song about M&Ms?
Queen: I'm sorry. It's just not a deep enough subject matter for me.​

Ceasar's Palace made an investment and they are not joking around with her promotion.

q8Ez7mJ.gif

[edit]

So much positivity!

cy81jA

Link to Video

WOW! Great for her.

How many shows a week and for how long?

I can't imagine someone belting these notes everyday and NOT straining their voice with it.

Best of luck to Mimi. I'm impressed, specially after all the doubt surrounding her live performances lately.

3phemeral

WOW! Great for her.

How many shows a week and for how long?

I can't imagine someone belting these notes everyday and NOT straining their voice with it.

Best of luck to Mimi. I'm impressed, especially after all the doubt surrounding her live performances lately.

I think only 2 nights a week, which should give her enough time to rest vocally and at least but on some decent vocals.

I have a little more faith this time because during her American Idol stint, you could tell she was either practicing or doing some type of training - probably a result of being around younger singers. Being in one spot and having a consistent schedule might allow for that same type of vocal effort.

The message you're about to hear is not meant for transmission
Should only be accessed in the privacy of your mind
Words are intense so my dear if you dare to listen
Take off your clothes
And meet me between the lines

Are you ready for the touch that makes you go insane?
From breast to lips to cheek to mane
I'll pull your hair, you'll feel no pain
Are you ready for the only forever we'll both obtain?
The only joy in this forsaken game
You'll feel ashamed and ordained
When I lay my hands on you
iMVvEB2HzLTcC.gif

mau Breakdown. Half the year is almost over and still no tracklist/date/name.

btw he's still banned? it's been a while.
The day will come sis :c any time now

idk but he needs to come back
----
in completely unrelated news: lana was rehearsing Serial Killer for ha Endless Summer tour? holy shit?

edit 2: omg she was filming a new video for a new single on april??? I think it's probably "Music to watch boys to"
the album is supposed to come out "before the end of this year" and she described the album as "very different" from Ultraviolence. She was working with Mark Ronson a few days ago and she's doing a cover of Nina Simone's "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" for Honeymoon.

she's coming y'all

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Im fucking ashamed to have slept on the Pink Print for so long
Im loving this album so much
Crying Game >>>>>>
Jessie ware coming out of nowhere when I didn't even know she was on the album was everything

Little Boots is back:

Little Boots - Better In The Morning

She announced a new alber too

Little-Boots-Working-Girl-album-cover.jpg

I'm not feeling the song tbh. I don't even remember her last alber but I still use most Hands.

New single sounds like it might be a grower for me.

JossStone_Artwork-620x640.jpg

Release Date: July 17th

Loving the album art.

I Got You is a cute song tho. Its a song for ha baby! ;_; (But it wont smash on the radio)

R8 will flop confirmed.
7c3da58737.jpg

Not gonna lie, I'd be all over a RiRi/Madonna collab. Also, I wish Bitch I'm Madonna can just be the next single already.

rhandino

Banned
Implying that American Oxygen and Dancing in the Dark are usable...

XsMBuNT.jpg

45Seconds
#BBHMM
Towards the Sun
As Real as You and Me

The only new songs from Rih that I'm using.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
lbr A night will save the era

3phemeral

Full audio recording of Mariah's first concert:

Here

Don't know why she still insists on lipping Fantasy. Even in her prime, she said it was difficult to sing. The set was cute:

aXBc7P6.png

Sounded a bit rough on VoL but then she went and did Love Takes Time and a slayed with a funktastic version of Someday remixed with "I Ain't Too Proud to Beg."

I legit teared up with I Don't Wanna Cry's outro, and then when she finished it with her backup singers like her Tokyo Dome concert.

978869mccryingidol2.gif

Yass at her opening for Emotions!

Take my body, Queen.

uqIPZZ7.gif

Here's me getting my life to Infinity.

r10RmPy.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
smh sam

what happened to all that "just be yourself it doesn't matter what people think" stuff

When you are in the public eye getting bothered all the time for the weight I think it eventually got to him. It's not that hard to see how that eventually can affect someone plus he did lose the weight quite quickly which wouldn't surprise me if his health was affected by it.

Jay Z’s fledgling entry into the premium-streaming wars continues to be the object of a derision around the music business, with one prominent attorney asking everyone he runs into, “Are they saying Kaddish at Tidal yet?” Nonetheless, the majors hope that Tidal succeeds. At the same time, some industry observers are questioning whether Jay Z has his financing together yet, and if not, where did he get the money to pay the licensing fees to the rights holders?

On a related topic, why is Roc Nation’s Rihanna’s “American Oxygen” not exploding at retail? The track sold a meager 7k last week. Is it possible the botched Tidal launch put that big a stink on the record? But the Rihanna-Tidal relationship is pressing on, according to a recent rumor, which has the struggling service getting a window of exclusivity on her forthcoming album, tentatively titled R8. In other action, Kanye West has left Roc Nation for management, inside sources say
http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=295843
Rokd9Nh.gif

When you are in the public eye getting bothered all the time for the weight I think it eventually got to him. It's not that hard to see how that eventually can affect someone plus he did lose the weight quite quickly which wouldn't surprise me if his health was affected by it.
Yeah, true. I just hope the dude recovers and moves the fuck away from whatever he was doing to lose weight that fast.
fuck jay z
fuck tidal
fuck roc nation

Partition

Banned
I wonder if Rihanna released a good song, like Only Girl, not like American Oxygen, and still released it on Tidal, then on iTunes a week later, it would have smashed? Surely Tidal isn't the only issue with Rihanna these days

itjFZzX5Bug0u.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom