• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Times review of Mariah Carey's show. Holy fuck. I'm dying.
...it became increasingly clear that the sounds coming through the speakers were not necessarily coming from her mouth.
J0nFq.gif

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Sorry, I was on my phone before. Here are some pretty awesome excerpts:

Review: Mariah Carey and Her Can’t-Look-Away Debut in Las Vegas

Maybe the new performance spectacle could resurrect the old vocal spectacle.

When it came to the notes, though, the struggle was real. From the beginning of the night, she was tentative and inconsistent.

“Fantasy” featured the late Ol’ Dirty Bastard rapping via video, and he felt more alive than Ms. Carey, who was right there onstage.

She has a routine: Before she sings [the stratospheric notes that made her untouchable 25 years ago], she pauses for a bit, puts her hand to her eardrum, then points to the sky as the laserlike shrieks come out.

But as the night wore on, it became increasingly clear that the sounds coming through the speakers were not necessarily coming from her mouth.

Whether the decision to undertake this project was born of necessity, hubris or obliviousness, it has put Ms. Carey in a precarious position – she is in decline and trapped in a cage of her own making. It would be so much easier to turn away if the spotlight weren’t so bright.

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/08/a...nd-her-cant-look-away-debut-in-las-vegas.html

rhandino

Banned
Some performances have been markedly off-base, the subject of intense scrutiny. Ms. Carey is still durable, and sometimes excellent, but her once-transcendent voice is like decaying manufacturing machinery: It still churns, but the product might be polished or dinged. You don’t know until it happens

iGbYBRl1x7T4B.gif

EDIT: OMG!

On faster songs, like “Dreamlover,” “Honey” and “Fantasy,” Ms. Carey was practically tiptoeing. “Fantasy” featured the late Ol’ Dirty Bastard rapping via video, and he felt more alive than Ms. Carey, who was right there onstage.

iY7f3h54VuO9c.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
lmao @ the fact that hewriah neaux1curry's vegas residence is getting lashed whereas holy 'if found please return to 2007' spearit's got rave writeups
fail.gif
fail.gif
fail.gif

We could be optimistic and he waited til the album was finished or near done to leave.
But things are not looking good since we don't have a title,release date or tracklist.

This era is so messy.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
but hew releases three singles from an unfinished album?
unless its a really messy situation like calvin-rita

Floridian

I could have sworn that Rih said her album was done last month and she wanted it to just be released already. What's the hold up....

rhandino

Banned
I could have sworn that Rih said her album was done last month and she wanted it to just be released already. What's the hold up....
Maybe... just maybe Roc wanted the album as a TIDAL exclusive but Rih + Kanye said nope or something like that...

This era is so messy...

The Flop

Banned
R8 is messier then Artpop.

Also not Brit already flopping a biT. Hope the music video and her BBMA performance where she gets lifted around on a hoveround help her out a biT.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-9036-1387489204-16.gif

Frodo

I can't get over how the one in the centre which was suppose to be the best one is actually the worse. Them proportions, gurl... Also: wait for someone to die before you decide to tattoo them on your body. There are less chances of they doing something you don't agree with after they are dead.

To be honest, scratch that. Don't tattoo other people you don't even know on your body, period. Imagine you liked Jamie Savile when you were young, you go and get a tattoo of him only to, after his death, find out he abused countless children.

Bad idea. Bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom