• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

You didn't need to add the "in this gif." Or the gif.

photo-2863.gif

Mimi is finished. A yodelling catastrophe.

It wasn't so bad. These days anytime Mariah is standing on her own two feet (and not being dragged out on to the stage) with most of the sounds coming out of her own mouth, it's a win.

I do wonder what the people at Caesars thought about the performance. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas... unless you broadcast it on national television.

Touchdown

Banned
It wasn't so bad. These days anytime Mariah is standing on her own two feet (and not being dragged out on to the stage) with most of the sounds coming out of her own mouth, it's a win.

I do wonder what the people at Caesars thought about the performance. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas... unless you broadcast it on national television.

The people at Caesars paying her 63 million dollars probably loved it as they've loved every performance of hers there so far.

https://instagram.com/p/2zyt1Btm_V/
https://instagram.com/p/2ztJtXIt4k/
https://instagram.com/p/2zy9k_nq1-/

Was gonna ask how the Billboard Awards were, but from the posts I'm gathering that

- Iggy was overexposed as per
- Britney danced better than previously surmised
- The universe put Kanye on mute
- The Bad Blood music video looks like Kidz Bop does Sin City 2
- Everyone but Touchdown thought Mariah was good
- The OT gaffers spent three hours complaining in that thread instead of just watching wrestling or whatever it is they do

What did I miss??

Frodo

I don't know who half of those hoes are in the Bad Blood music video.

Are all of them supposed to be famous?

Cara Delevingne is so pretty, though. <3

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Watching the BB awards
I used to think that Fall out boy were better live than that
NIck Jonas was alright, although he needs to peddle a new song

edit; CHRIST Mariah is awful

Touchdown

Banned
Watching the BB awards
I used to think that Fall out boy were better live than that
NIck Jonas was alright, although he needs to peddle a new song

edit; CHRIST Mariah is awful

How so? She sang live and better than every other performer of the night.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
How so? She sang live and better than every other performer of the night.

I know she sang live, she sang awfully
infinity is still my jam though

edit; wtf a wild celine dion appears

I'm hooked on how you made
Me hooked, I'm gonna say it straight
I want you, I need you
I want you to take me underground
I'm hooked, I can't cut you off
In my blood, I'm gonna say it now
I want you, I need you
I want you to take me underground

Adam has just been giving me so much life lately. "Underground" has been stuck in my head ever since I first heard it, and I can't stop playing it on Spotify. I need The Original High now!

Frodo

Mariah was okay.

She did well, but it felt like her voice was about to crack, like she was on the edge of losing it. She kept it under control, though. The residency already charging its tool, perhaps?

Matt_

Kelly came through
shame the song is shit though

edit; Kanye doing a copy of his Brits set
uncensored link if anyone wants to know what it would actually be like

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Someone explain to me the trend of taking pop music from dorky white girls and adding rap to it when they make it a single.

rhandino

Banned
Someone explain to me the trend of taking pop music from dorky white girls and adding rap to it when they make it a single.

I blame Mariah Carey since, from memory, she was the one that made that "trend" popular with the remix of Fantasy ft. Ol' Dirty Bastard

Frodo

Heartbreaker was one of the first pop songs I remember that had a rap verse (with J z before Bey), although I'm sure it had already happened before, so, yes... It is Mariah's fault.

Heartbreaker is also one of my favourite pop songs of all time. Gimme your love, gimme your love, gimme your love, gimme your love

Frodo

Not me bopping to Meghan Trainor You Lips Are Movin...

Halp

Edit: not this thread dead not even one day after the """"""""""""""biggest music event of the year""""""""""""""""

SaintZ

Jennifer Lopez Smartphone Disses Mariah's BMA Performance
Jennifer Lopez threw a ton of shade at Mariah Carey ... by burying her head in her smartphone while MC was hitting high notes onstage at the Billboard Music Awards -- and the video is epic.

You've gotta see it -- while Mariah was singing "Infinity" ... J. Lo was casually scrolling through her phone, barely even glancing at the stage.

Even as Taylor Swift and the rest of the audience burst into applause for Mimi ... J.Lo chatted up Casper Smart from their front row seats. Jennifer's no fool though -- when the house lights went up at the end of Mimi's act, then and only then did she give her a hand.

It's hysterical -- you get the feeling Mariah could have been on fire and J.Lo wouldn't give a crap.
mnwiuIr.gif

Matt_

She is stunning.
I think at this point A Night can never live up to my hype though

rhandino

Banned
In Defense of Kanye West's Billboard Music Awards Performance

So did Kanye intend to stay in the dark? Assumedly yes, as an artistic statement to a track that boasts (&#8220;And you ain't gettin' money 'less you got eight figures&#8221;), warns (&#8220;I don&#8217;t let 'em talk to me no kind of way / Uh, they better watch what they say to me") and prays (&#8220;For that Jesus piece, man, I've been saved&#8221;), even as it cycles through 44 mentions of the N-word. Also consider this: perhaps the intention was to take the focus away from the celebrity of Kanye -- the person we associate with the Kardashian clan and insulting Taylor Swift -- and encourage an audience to listen rather than gawk.

Oh.

ib0dGU52DrwRMB.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom