• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

llehuty

aye the cameraman needs to fucking chill out
and shes miming right?

Camera work is the worst in korean broadcasts.

And BoA is just awesome live, here you can hear more clearly her voice with the backing vocals only for the chorus.

When will any of your faves?
Not named Beyonce?

tumblr_no72630Z2E1sk2kqwo1_250.gif

Queen of Asia

I missed this album earlier this year, but I'd like to review it. I'm not sure if this is exactly pop, but it's definitely not reggae like the artist usually does.

Camille Safiya put out 24K back in January this year. Camille normally does Reggae music, but this album feels more like a blend of genres. There are a couple of tracks that sound sort of like Rock and pop, one is sort of reggaeish, a couple have rap, and the rest I'm not sure how to classify. I like most of the sounds I hear however. The production on this ten track album is pretty good, good, but not great. The range of sounds is good, but I feel they don't have enough of a melodic focus and I don't get a sense of an emotion the listener is supposed to get from most of them.

Camille as a songstress on here hold us as much as she has in the past on the likes of "Immortal Souls" and Island Blues. There is a little of digital manipulation integrated, but it's not a lot and doesn't become a nuisance like it can often be. Her exotic voice is always on key, but she can enunciate her words a bit better sometimes, though that could be me not being used to her accent, but at the same time I can understand majority of the stuff she sings. She compliments the vocals well enough, but I feel she should stay away from rapping her flow and sound are just awful. It's disjointed and her voice has this weird screech when she tries to rap. "90's Babies" would be straight without the rapping, but unfortunately it's the meat of the song and not just one verse or just half a verse. "Devil's Gold" is rap focused too, but she does a bit better job on that track.
All in all however I found it more enjoyable than Island Blues. It's a decent project.

7/10

Recommended Track: Wild Thang

Where is the Buy A Heart music video? Crying Game? All Things Go? I Lied? Grand Piano? Favorite?
feeling myself is trash, onika please stop putting effort into the worst songs on The Pinkprint

Kito

I was dreading the Youtuber feature for Papercut in True Colors but I can't even recognise Troye's voice, thankfully. Can't stand these fame whores. Stay away from the literature and music scenes you superficial untalented Kim K reincarnations.

I was dreading the Youtuber feature for Papercut in True Colors but I can't even recognise Troye's voice, thankfully. Can't stand these fame whores. Stay away from the literature and music scenes you superficial untalented Kim K reincarnations.

I liked that one song Happy Little Pill. I think it's a bit of a stretch to call him untalented.

Kito

I liked that one song Happy Little Pill. I think it's a bit of a stretch to call him untalented.

After listening to that song, I agree he's not untalented. I guess other Youtubers have given me a cringe reflex for whenever their people do something outside of vlogging. At the same time, I think Troye is a rare exception and that generally Youtubers output awful songs - listen to Joey's recent one.

After listening to that song, I agree he's not untalented. I guess other Youtubers have given me a cringe reflex for whenever their people do something outside of vlogging. At the same time, I think Troye is a rare exception and that generally Youtubers output awful songs - listen to Joey's recent one.
lmao I just remembered Shane Dawson's "songs" MESS

I understand how you feel, most are totally cringeworthy he was a breath of fresh air.

lmao I just remembered Shane Dawson's "songs" MESS

When is he coming out next?

royalan

Beyonce is so try-hard in that Feelin Myself video.

Girl, your suburban ass is not hood, has never been hood, and will never be hood. Just because you married a former dope dealer does not make your pageant ass is about that life.

Like, you look like Taylor Swift right now.

Girl, your suburban ass is not hood, has never been hood, and will never be hood. Just because you married a former dope dealer does not make your pageant ass about that life.

No one can do Taylor Swift better than Taylor Swift have you not seen that video?.
That was the epitome of doing the most, Bey was tame in comparison.

Touchdown

Banned
I just saw a video of Lopez scrolling through her phone while Mariah was performing and I'm FUMING.. like bitch show just a little bit of class and respect for once.

62bb0f5685.gif

rhandino

Banned
I just saw a video of Lopez scrolling through her phone while Mariah was performing and I'm FUMING.. like bitch show just a little bit of class and respect for once.

62bb0f5685.gif

Nnnnnnnnnnnn, not you
fake
caring for her reaction when your fave doesn't even acknowledge ha
and Nicki Minaj for that matter, lol

eSFKfB2.gif

Girl, your suburban ass is not hood, has never been hood, and will never be hood. Just because you married a former dope dealer does not make your pageant ass is about that life.

I see the Queen has you still steam pressed. It must a tragic bitter life you lead. You have my sympathies.
ibokPpcEgtk8uO.gif

3phemeral

She made a english album a few years ago and of course flopped.
The video to Kiss My Lips has colorful visuals with an awesome videoscreen with water backdrop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR92tv29pFU
I know :p There are a few bops on there like I Did It For Love, Enrgetic, Scream. I think if she improved her English it'd be easier to accept as Eat You Up showcased an obvious accent.

62bb0f5685.gif
Where?

And Mariah, why didnt you do this yesterday?

3phemeral

Nnnn. Not as bad as they make it out to be, though. They make it sound so nefarious.

She got better
Tail Of Hope (English Version)

I think if she improves a bit more she could slay a second english album.
Eat You Up remains a bop along with Energetic.
I don't know why they made a new vid for EYU, the original was so superior. And on the other song that was posted, you could definitely hear an improvement too. I wonder if she'd ever try again or if she was burnt out the first time. Asians need to break into music other than just Lea Salonga's limited use.

3phemeral

Nnnnnnnnnn

Which Mariah Carey Are You?

You got: Hood-riah
Your rap skills are legendary. C’mon, Kanye who? Jay Z who?! Have they heard your epic rap on “Prisoner?” If they haven’t, they’d better get to listening because you’re the baddest b*tch on the block. Can’t nobody do it like Hood-riah!

anigif_enhanced-4306-1431896275-7.gif

[Edit] Why did Mariah slay so much more on her VoL /Infinity set for Kimmel?

https://youtu.be/qCf3977rj3c

anigif_enhanced-4306-1431896275-7.gif

The Bad Blood remix is great. Kendrick made the song listenable and appealable.

Yeah, I dunno. I really like the verses in the original version. It's cool to have Kendrick on the track, but completely replacing the original verses feels like they basically gutted the song by slathering it with a rent-a-rapper.

PInk Tape

Banned
Which Mariah Carey Are You?

You got: ’90s-riah
You’re super career oriented and you don’t have a lot of time to make friends because you’re too busy plotting your domination of the world of pop and R&B. Keep the SGSHW (Stone Groove Smash-Hit Wonders) coming, ’90s-riah!
anigif_enhanced-2935-1431896216-13.gif

I use 😘

Yado

You got: Diva-riah
You’ve been known to make outrageous demands, but who cares? I mean, if you want a pink limousine, hundreds of white doves, and only Evian bottled water on your Rainbow tour, why is that such a big deal? Stay livin’ the ~luxurious life~, Diva-riah!

anigif_enhanced-13037-1431896034-16.gif

jOCxJJw.gif

Touchdown

Banned
You got: Slay-riah
You’re a go-getter and you’re a force to be reckoned with on the music charts and on stage. Basically, “Them chickens is ash” and you’re lotion. SLAY, Slay-riah!
anigif_enhanced-19571-1431896157-9.gif

No lies detected.

71aa32dada.gif

Actually she doesn't look try-hard

Though interesting that you're watching a video with two obscenely rich black women going for the same motif, but yo ass is picking on one and not the other. :p

The camera angles could've been better but Britney is back. She was fierce as fuck. Danced, confidence like idk FIYAH.

Hopefully the next song that releases also has hip hop choreography because obviously it's always been her strong suit.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

62bb0f5685.gif

I don't understand why you're so pressed...JLo has been pushed in the direction of method acting by her agent. She has to be remain in character at all times, and in her latest movie (released this fall) she plays a member of the general public. Once you realise that, her reaction to Mariah's performance is understandable.

cory64

I don't understand why you're so pressed...JLo has been pushed in the direction of method acting by her agent. She has to be remain in character at all times, and in her latest movie (released this fall) she plays a member of the general public. Once you realise that, her reaction to Mariah's performance is understandable.

tumblr_n1evnwHgSX1ttb6eno1_500.gif

Trigger

Bad Blood really didn't need Kendrick, but it's still a fun song.

i'm screaming

Touchdown

Banned

You caught that interview too?

tumblr_nokafmhivZ1taahqyo1_400.gif

tumblr_nokafmhivZ1taahqyo2_400.gif

I'm absolutely done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom