• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been nearly a decade since Beyonce has had a number one single and I don't see one coming any time in the near future. Her next album will not do as well as her last because it won't be a surprise and her singles will flop harder than they did during her last era. She will ultimately be known as a popular star of the 2000's decade with ultimately little shown success besides the first week sales of her 5th album and who's contract with Tidal will be seen as the beginning of ha career's demise. Her legs and thighs will ultimately get bigger making her less capable of dancing as she gets older so she will not be able to rely on touring as she ages. It's a shame because she really had a lot of potential to become one of the greats...
That podcast Soulscribe linked to the other day was quite perceptive in its analysis of her future prospects. She has maybe one more "ratchet/club banger" album in her, but eventually she'll have to release music that actually speaks to her evolving fanbase. Otherwise, she'll just fade away into a Vegas residency/legacy act status.

Just get her in a studio with Q-Tip, some live instruments, and some decent R&B hooks. Get rid of Jay, Kanye, Nicki, Pharrell, Justin, and all the usual faces, and actually own your own songs instead of hiding under the cover of someone else's genuine struggle.

Bam, there's her Miseducation she so clearly desires.

royalan

That podcast Soulscribe linked to the other day was quite perceptive in its analysis of her future prospects. She has maybe one more "ratchet/club banger" album in her, but eventually she'll have to release music that actually speaks to her evolving fanbase. Otherwise, she'll just fade away into a Vegas residency/legacy act status.

Just get her in a studio with Q-Tip, some live instruments, and some decent R&B hooks. Get rid of Jay, Kanye, Nicki, Pharrell, Justin, and all the usual faces, and actually own your own songs instead of hiding under the cover of someone else's genuine struggle.

That...that would be a good Beyonce album.

Touchdown

Banned
Mariah's full Jimmy Kimmel concert. She sang VoL/Infinity, I Still Believe improv, lots of audience banter, Touch My Body, a snippet of The Roof's bridge, Always Be My Baby, We Belong Together.

WaiT I'm slayedT

0d4125296c.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
It's been nearly a decade since Beyonce has had a number one single and I don't see one coming any time in the near future. Her next album will not do as well as her last because it won't be a surprise and her singles will flop harder than they did during her last era. She will ultimately be known as a popular star of the 2000's decade with ultimately little shown success besides the first week sales of her 5th album and who's contract with Tidal will be seen as the beginning of ha career's demise. Her legs and thighs will ultimately get bigger making her less capable of dancing as she gets older so she will not be able to rely on touring as she ages. It's a shame because she really had a lot of potential to become one of the greats...

857913bbdf.gif

I'm going to assume this entire post is pandering in an attempt to bring Royalan back to the fold after that shocking confession last page.
Don't try too hard sis, budget beyonce would be able to put on a good show so I can't blame the good sis for ha preference

3phemeral

Mariah ranked most intelligent among Pop artists

Other songs near the bottom included Maroon 5's smash hit from the summer of 2011, "Moves Like Jagger," metal icon Ozzy Osbourne's "Let Me Hear You Scream" and hip-hop star T-Pain's pick-up song, "Buy U a Drank."

Among genres, Mariah Carey's songs were the smartest among pop artists, while Eminem ranked on the top of the hip-hop chart.

9Vf5dr

Meowster

It really is crazy how West Coast was the greatest single of 2014.

Anyways, where do u think Bad Blood ft. Kendrick Lamarr will debut? I'm thinking top two no matter what.

3phemeral

The original research:

Unlike the other genres, the Pop stars who stand out are a bit less surprising with the gold, silver, and bronze going to Mariah Carey, Adele, and Justin Timberlake, respectively.

Pop actually holds its own pretty well with Mariah Carey scoring higher than anyone in the other three categories. Bravo Mariah, bravo!​

Ph.D Mariah Carey, gradin yo faves.

GJ8V0X

Touchdown

Banned
The original research:

Unlike the other genres, the Pop stars who stand out are a bit less surprising with the gold, silver, and bronze going to Mariah Carey, Adele, and Justin Timberlake, respectively.

Pop actually holds its own pretty well with Mariah Carey scoring higher than anyone in the other three categories. Bravo Mariah, bravo!​

Ph.D Mariah Carey, gradin yo faves.

GJ8V0X

and the accolades continue, the most intelligent chanteuse....jesus I knew it to be but now we have scientific data to back it up.

dbfbd7b943.gif

Yado

This has flop written all over it, she'd truly be well on her way to Vegas with the other relics. She definitely needs to work with new people (like Boots), but the way ahead isn't in looking back to Q-Tip & Lauryn Hill.

That podcast Soulscribe linked to the other day was quite perceptive in its analysis of her future prospects.
giphy.gif

Some randoms hit me up in twitter about their podcast. I checked it out. The title of this episode caught my eye. So I gave her a listen. It was odd to hear
supposedly
straight
black
men talk openly and without derision. They even sing (
ibs08W15MRhuR6.gif
) the songs they like. They talk about, of course, Beyonce vs Rihanna, Leona Lewis
(mostly about how she was hot and they wanted to hit it)
, Amy Winehouse, Adele (briefly), Lauryn Hill and Aaliyah. It's not a bad podcast. Check it out.

ibHILceJl0yF4.gif

Vitanimus

Have a feelin', now believin'
That you were the one
I was meant to be with
Oh, how I'm wishin'
Thinkin', dreamin' 'bout you
And the love, how'd I let you get away?
Got 'til it's gone
Got 'til it's gone

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone

tumblr_nkx9ehVXsE1qzqtn5o1_r1_400.gif

857913bbdf.gif

Little shown success? But she's listed consistently as one of the richest people in the world. That's like the official barometer for success. She'll always have hit songs, she's the biggest musician in the world, so those will come by as long as she's still in the public zeitgeist. And as far as I know, she likes being there.

Look at how her brand gets bigger with every year; hit songs aren't driving it.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

857913bbdf.gif

listen to touchdown sistren, she has the beneifit of having seen the same happen to her own fave

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i mean let's be honest for a second, i can't believe you delusional flops are talking about beyonce's need to evolve musically when beyonce is the biggest artistic leap from a major pop girl since madge's ray of light

the delusions in this comm rn are unprecedented

rhandino

Banned
i mean let's be honest for a second, i can't believe you delusional flops are talking about beyonce's need to evolve musically when beyonce is the biggest artistic leap from a major pop girl since madge's ray of light

the delusions in this comm rn are unprecedented
If legendary poster rude was here he would [ e x p o s e ] and call out the the attacks targeted against the two most successful and relevant black women in the pop scene right now for what they are...

Gret1.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Also Majorly got back into Biscuit today. So so soooo good

Her album will be available to preorder soon. Girl needs to put the release date instead of just teasing on twitter.

Edit: When the fuck did she get added to Interscope? She was only Cherrytree and now its with both Cherrytree and Interscope. Are they upgrading her even before the first album is out? O_O

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Lady Gaga ‏@ladygaga 17m17 minutes ago
Thanku to all the very special&generous designers who designed over 30 wedding dresses 4 the most important day of my life. I'm speechless.

QUEEN

Matt_

Cher ‏@cher 8m8 minutes ago
OMG XTINA ✨💖✨
THAT IS SO DOPE,SICK,ON POINT.
U ROCKED IT
SWEETCHEEKS💋
Queen of twitter is staning for some reason
Im guessing she did something on the voice?
Gaga was stanning earlier too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom