• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
New Janet!? What! OMG! What is going on this day...

1tcTm2l.gif

This is pure SEX.

0C4obk
asjdakd;laksdak

Hecatoncheir is still the best summon =D

Mau ®

Chvrches second album is done and is sounding like a slay

As with the rest of the album, these songs were mixed by famed studio guru Spike Stent—whose résumé features the likes of U2, Beyoncé, and Björk—and they all sound massive. “Never-Ending Circles” is hooked around a bright, repeatedly stumbling synth part and features a middle-eight that evokes the more sparkling moments from Taylor Swift’s 1989. Mayberry describes the R&B-inflected “Leave a Trace” as “the nastiest, snidest tune” on the record: Her voice sounds deeper and more soulful than ever as she sings of a lover who “took far too much for someone so unkind.” “Make Them Gold”, meanwhile, might be the most anthemic Chvrches song yet, somewhere between Starship and Erasure with its racing drums, gaudy synth dazzle, and message of anxious empowerment: “We are made of our mistakes/ We are falling but not alone.”

http://pitchfork.com/features/interviews/9670-keeping-it-unreal-in-the-studio-with-chvrches/

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Hmmmm I would usually love to disagree with Royalan but he did not lie there. Sorry.

KHIA ‏@QueenKhia · 18h18 hours ago
Ask Janet how good I write☺️ I wrote her a hit in 06 to��She was Sooooooo Excited about it��She wanted 2 lick #MyNeck&Back but I said Naaaaawl
09954248.gif

Floridian

Even though Janet/Mariah/Madonna released the same year, I may have to give it to Janet based on No sleeep alone, but i'll wait for the entire album first. Although, It sounds better than anything on Rebel Heart to begin with.

wOztD6M.gif

Sad, yes.

But clarification: canceled on NBC. The show isn't an NBC original production, and is actually quite popular internationally, so I'm sure that it'll march on based on that alone.

If anything, going on a platform like Netflix will bring it the exposure it deserved from day one back when it was shuffled off to Friday nights and episodes were being aired out of order with endless pre-emptions.

Vazra

sis your avi...just when I thought Bey couldn't bleach anymore
09954248.gif

Anything against extremely white artists?
ivy-levan-interscope2015-billboard-650.jpg

Even though Janet/Mariah/Madonna released the same year, I may have to give it to Janet based on No sleeep alone, but i'll wait for the entire album first. Although, It sounds better than anything on Rebel Heart to begin with.
The snippet alone shat on everything Madge did this decade and same goes against Mimi .

wOztD6M.gif

Sad, yes.

But clarification: canceled on NBC. The show isn't an NBC original production, and is actually quite popular internationally, so I'm sure that it'll march on based on that alone.

If anything, going on a platform like Netflix will bring it the exposure it deserved from day one back when it was shuffled off to Friday nights and episodes were being aired out of order with endless pre-emptions.
I fucking hope so :( I don't need this shit. Smfh. One of the only actually GOOD shows on TV.

Touchdown

Banned

I agree this Janet track is fire. In defense of Queen Mimi she didn't really release anything new this year though beside a cute bop called Infinity which is available everywhere storewide, online, worldwide today bth. Madge's project on the other hand was just a complete mess.

857913bbdf.gif

Vazra

Mariah showing ha support for sister Janet!!!

mariah_janet.png

!!! I need a colab like right NOW!!!!

de9aa16c21.gif

If you cant beat them join them?
8f70c6ea.gif

When is the Ariana Collab coming?
8f70c6ea.gif

slay me queen
I've heard about half of the album either live or snippets. The only track that sounds close to skippable is The Dame Says and I still use that.

The Dame Says= Decent
Biscuit = Slay
27 Club = Slay
Like A Glove = Slay
Best Damn Thing = Slay (Avril's Impact?)
Killing You = Slay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom