• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolluck

I liked the song but it sounds like something I've listened before...like.. not fresh. Something that MJ would have done.

It sounding similar to MJ is not only The Weeknd's MO but also a massive appeal of the song for me. Shows just how trash so much of pop is and by extension the audience is for not elevating the song to number 1 for the summer.

Phreaker

It sounding similar to MJ is not only The Weeknd's MO but also a massive appeal of the song for me. Shows just how trash so much of pop is and by extension the audience is for not elevating the song to number 1 for the summer.

I must have been under a rock in 2013 or something. I had never heard of him until he sang Can't Feel My Face at Apple's WWDC early in June. Now I'm obsessed with the song and I like The Hills. I am currently listening to his album Kiss Land and next up is Trilogy.

I think his voice is fantastic and I love the melodies, but I am not so sure I love the lyrics.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
CJfzsfUWEAA3ayp.jpg:large

They are coming

Phreaker

Comes out tomorrow! (Never heard of these guys either until Beats 1) Are they big in the UK? I'm loving King, Desire and Shine so far!

packshot.jpg

Don't play with my heart like this. I thought it was actual new Utada material.
You won't have to wait long. And I hear pregnancy does the voice some good~

In the meantime, sate yourself with the knowledge that Leona's new album will render all other sonic and aural productions null and void this September.

Her new video for "Thunder" dropping any day now, her first big-budget outdoor (as in, not shot in a studio) video since "Happy"

Moreover, this:

The collection will also include a track written by famed songwriter Diane Warren. According to Lewis, Warren wrote a song, “You Knew Me When,” just for Lewis. “She’s only written songs for specifically two artists, Cher and Whitney Houston,” Lewis says. “So I was so honored to have this one on the record because she specifically wrote it for me. I’ve known Diane for a long, long time and I always wanted to work with her, but for some reason or another it never panned out. This time I was sure I wanted something by her on the record.”

Lewis says Warren was touched by an emotional letter Lewis wrote to fans last year, detailing her split from Syco and addressing rumors about a lack of new music. “I wrote this letter just being very honest and talking about good days and bad days I had,” she says. “Diane got inspired by the letter as well and she basically wrote the song about the letter. It’s about growing as a person and sometimes people think they know you and then a few years later they’ll probably think you’re the exact same person, but everyone changes and matures and you have life experiences that mold the person. It’s just about embracing the evolution and the fact that you’re a stronger person, or you’re a wiser person.”
Diane Warren sucks. But bless Leona for reminding me of Whitney Houston's flawlessness~

LOQbSXv.gif

WHEN WILL JESUS

i'd like to jump your bones tbqh

Wait... did Ariana Grande actually blame her behavior on childhood obesity?

tumblr_mmwidnoUk51s49x9io1_250.gif
"As an advocate for healthy eating, food is very important to me and I sometimes get upset by how freely we as Americans eat and consume things without giving any thought to the consequences that it has on our health and society as a whole," she continued. "The fact that the United States has the highest child obesity rate in the world frustrates me. We need to do more to educate ourselves and our children about the dangers of overeating and the poison that we put into our bodies. We need to demand more from our food industry. However I should have known better in how I expressed myself; and with my new responsibility to others as a public figure I will strive to be better."

nooooOOOOOOO jkanbsjkdhbasdjkhbasd

1284167896964115558.gif

The Flop

Banned
Lol @ donuts ruining this little girl's career. Now she's getting blocked from radio stations. #Pray4Moonlight

rihanna-laughing-at-iheartradio-music-awards-ariana-grande.gif

No one will remember this come Moonight. She's fine. Any publicity is good publicity.
Unless it's "Pretty Girls"

EDIT: Remember post RIh beatdown, Chris "Beat Her Down" Brown was banned from many radio stations but he is fine now sadly, so I think her donut escapes will be fine.

Police investigating Ariana Grande's doughnut-licking video

California police said Wednesday they are investigating a video that appears to show pop superstar Ariana Grande licking doughnuts.

Police in Lake Elsinore, where the donut shop is located, say they and Riverside County public health officials were investigating the leaked video, which appears to show the 22-year-old and a man with her “maliciously lick” the doughnuts on top of a counter.
RDJlTG7.gif

Do you not have any respect or value for originality?

natalia-kills-willy-moon-apology.gif

gerl don't take ALL your cues from Glitter-era Mariah tho.

Floridian

Let this be a lesson for Adriana & other local popstars. Be careful of what you say & don't bite
or lick
the hand that feeds you.

gret84.gif

Nasser

Everyone's acting like Ariana joined ISIS when she said I hate America. I'm crying at this whole thing hahaha.

Ariana Grande is not excellent.

botty

Banned
Ariana Grande’s Tongue Helps Triple Business at Doughnut Store

Though the now infamous video of singer Ariana Grande licking a donut at a California shop led the heath department to knock Wolfee Donuts down a grade, the owner tells The Wrap business is booming.

Owner Joe Marin said business has “tripled” since the security video apparently showing the singer and a friend disrespecting perfectly good donuts and dissing America.

QTTLs8E.gif

Ariana's tour is currently @ 100% sell out. How are your faves? Are they even touring? Probably not :/

pzALQkf.gif

Currently #20 on the global itunes artists charts almost a year since releasing her album.

Didn't demi and selena just put out songs? The lack of power.

tumblr_nqlna93e1r1tg72yro1_r1_250.gif

Don't worry about Ariana, do save your coins for Moonlight.

Sis...

You know that is for Fifth Harmony though...

They have a song called "like Mariah" that won the vote for their performance tomorrow on the today show.

A Touchdown tea.
"looks like the gerls are useful for something after all"

Reading comprehension, cunty.

Though the Latin-looking one is quesTionable in that regard.

Floridian

Pretty girls debuted higher than CFTS on Billboard and the former had Iggy. Not a good look for Demitra. She's also out of the Top 20 already on iTunes. Selena is doing just fine however, and proving that she has longevity.

Selena-Gomez-Disney-Channel-selena-gomez-21620168-320-240.gif

The Flop

Banned
"looks like the gerls are useful for something after all"

Reading comprehension, cunty.

Though the Latin-looking one is quesTionable in that regard.

Sis! I'm vindicated in the perFORmance of "Worth iT" a top 5 and growing US radio peak. The good sisses have worked hard for iT.

Don't make me list the flops of the summer compared to Fifth Harmony, because I will.

Pretty Girls is objectively trash.

It literally has no musical merit at all. It is that bad. It is the vessel into which every last bit of any semblance of creativity and ingenuity has been stripped to expose nothing but a hollow facade of musicality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom