• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Eh. Their Sweden only EP is still the best. Such a shame, I remember when people were calling them "the new ABBA"
po3RDVm.gif

Nothing can be the new ABBA.

Remember A*Teens tho? Lol

Phreaker

Hmmmm I see potential for improvement tbh. Lets not forget a few artists that were trash on their first performances and now are decent performers.

They have potential for sure, even some of their other live performance weren't that bad.

I tried to preview Ivy Levan's new tracks, but I could only listen to parts of 27 Club and Killing You (feat. Sting). (U.S. iTunes)

rhandino

Banned
Girl... it is basically Carly and a GoPro :( I wanted something better.
I don't completely blame her, I guess that she had to cut corners after spending all those marketing coins on that messy attempt at viral video with IRLY.

9j1au0f.gif

==============

Was people really saying that Icona Pop was going to be the ABBA of our generation?

G9xHzhg.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
sounds like calvin harris is actually moving on from the trademark sound from his smash breakout single Bounce, his new single is actually pretty okay

Mau ®

Clearly being in a relationship with QUALITY MUSICIAN Taylor Swift has made him improve his craft.

No wonder Motion was so dull and lacking. Being in a relationship with Rita Ora must have drained his soul.

Floridian

Mau ®;172225663 said:
Clearly being in a relationship with QUALITY MUSICIAN Taylor Swift has made him improve his craft.

No wonder Motion was so dull and lacking. Being in a relationship with Rita Ora must have drained his soul.

Death & Decay ain't no joke. Delete Poison from your iTunes.
J13EuMl.png

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the way that calvin has distanced himself from the sound that he popularised for rihanna now that her career has collapsed

a CANNY businessman

Honeymoon is trashE. Even Lana can't stay awake during her own song.

That being said, I still think the instrumentation is gorgeous. But Lana's typical vocals don't add any zest and it all becomes meandering and forgettable.

God talks about her forthcoming alberg.

Can you talk about what direction the new album is going in?

I don't really know why this word seems appropriate but it's definitely bigger. Whether that means it's more adventurous, or a bit more ambitious, or a bit more daring, I don't know. But I'm certainly taking on something a lot bigger than I have before and sonically it's a lot bigger. I feel like there were maybe certain restrictions on the last album. But I'm at a point now with this album where it's just taken on a new life now of its own and I can't stop it. So that album is coming out and what people make of it I don't know, but it is coming. It's nearly finished and it will be out this year. Even if it's out on 30 December, which is my birthday, it will be out this year.

In addition to Laleh, who else are you writing with on the album?

I've worked with Diplo. I've worked with producers that I have known for years – Jim Eliot from my last album. I love working with him. I thought the stuff that we did together was something really special, so I had a 'you don't fix what isn't broken kind of attitude.' He's just wonderful and I got to go back to my home town [Hereford], which helps the writing process a lot. But then also I've been adopted into the Max Martin camp and I love them all dearly.

As long as Dipblow is kept to a minimum this could be good. Eliot produced most of Halcyon. So it certainly has that going for it.

And out this year. Smite me, God.

640px-Ellie_Goulding_at_Manchester_Academy_2012_-_Belting.jpg

Patricia Louise Holte-Edwards, 71, has been slaying your faves since 1958. Here she is in 2015 letting you know that your faves ain't shit, ain't never gonna be shit, and that their vocals sound like shit.

Being mad would be pointless. Just accept it for what it is. Also notice that she ain't got a stitch of make up on and at 71 looks a whole hell of a lot less haggard than your young never beens.

IacqcWD.gif

Mau ®

the way that calvin has distanced himself from the sound that he popularised for rihanna now that her career has collapsed

a CANNY businessman

Your british tendency of getting hammered every other day has clearly affected your recollection, for not only Rihanna made Calvin who he is today but it was Rihanna herself who distanced from Calvin's WFL sound a year later with the Grammy-winning Unapologetic. And she has rejected his work ever since.

B-Dex

Mau ®;172267588 said:
Your british tendency of getting hammered every other day has clearly affected your recollection, for not only Rihanna made Calvin who he is today but it was Rihanna herself who distanced from Calvin's WFL sound a year later with the Grammy-winning Unapologetic. And she has rejected his work ever since.

Sis. Coming for someone's sobriety?

Floridian

Rih is still in the hundreds of millions dollar club, which is way more than I guaranteed 99% of her haters will ever reach in their lifetime. And Rih reached top 10 with her debut single so i'm not sure who PrettyGirlKharma is even talking about.

DQVAN8V.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom