• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
iN5p3hI.gif

I still enjoy it ironically.
I'm glad. <3

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
It is known that music has an incredible impact on your memory of certain times and events during your life, especially during your teenage years.

What was the number one song on the date of your 16th birthday?

Mine was Let Me Love You - Mario

Mario-let_me_love_you.jpg

erm first of all I was utterly convinced that Ne yo sang let me love you, so wtf at this

But in the Uk Break Your Heart by Taio Cruz
and in the US I Got A Feeling by BEP
tumblr_n8cx8fldDL1s7elebo1_500.gif

Courage

Planes I'm hopping
Cards I'm dropping
No shop can fill me up
There's a little black hole in my golden cup so
You pour and I'll say stop
Planes I'm hopping
Cards I'm dropping
No shop can fill me up
There's a little black hole in my golden cup
So you pour and I'll say stop

Z3TluGA.gif

Mau ®

Katy's next album is dropping Q4 2016.

Taylor is probably releasing on that timeframe as well, if history is any indication. I'm here for The Lord to finally squash that insect once and for all.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mau ®;173246955 said:

Taylor is probably releasing on that timeframe as well, if history is any indication. I'm here for The Lord to finally squash that insect once and for all.

???

katy already ended taydolf swiftler's career. stay fuming.

Floridian

Katy went against Gaga in 2013 and "won" that battle already and that was when Gaga was still considered "big". She's not worried about any other pop star so she can release whenever.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Taylor vs Katy vs R8 Q4 2016
a match up for the gods
let the battle for #1 hot 100 commence
and leave 2015 all for gaga's reign

Mau ®;173246955 said:

lol Perra >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shitlord

Taylor Swift will never be able to make something like Teenage Dream the alber. Let that be known.

Katy went against Gaga in 2013 and "won" that battle already and that was when Gaga was still considered "big". She's not worried about any other pop star so she can release whenever.
lbh, Katy's team WAITED until Gaga was ready to launch. There is so much interview evidence to suggest exactly that. PRISM wasn't even on the map until Gaga put out the ARTPOP press release and within a week Katy's team had shoved out hers.

Understandable why, it's like the sort of console war thing. Get fanbases riled up to spend more than they normally would just to see their fave "win".

llehuty

11249666_995202243846811_1133650122_n.jpg

keri hilson said:
I was going thru the raw selects from one of my latest shoots on my laptop when I got a text that I'd reached 1 million followers!! &#127881; Figured I'd give a lil sneaky peek &#128064; ...can't wait to share all the new-new!!

tumblr_na2k7yAZiD1syh574o3_250.gif

Is she coming back?

rhandino

Banned
Let's be real, we all going to bend and kiss Taylord ring and start talking about how trashe is the Holy Mother Perry or how Rihanna and Beyonce are done if they release new music during the same time frame.

LypAlsN.png

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
lbh, Katy's team WAITED until Gaga was ready to launch. There is so much interview evidence to suggest exactly that. PRISM wasn't even on the map until Gaga put out the ARTPOP press release and within a week Katy's team had shoved out hers.

Understandable why, it's like the sort of console war thing. Get fanbases riled up to spend more than they normally would just to see their fave "win".

Excuse me? Roar came out before Applause. It was Gaga who had the manufactured POP EMERGENCY when Roar's release was moved up by two days.

Gaga tried to take Katy out...she truly THOT that she could bury Katy's era with ARTPOOP. The backfire...
pwou69d.gif
pwou69d.gif
pwou69d.gif

Floridian

I remember having a crush on Keri back in 2008. Sucks that she's been more irrelevant than Ciara/Keyshia Cole nowadays. That B-shade did her in.

Excuse me? Roar came out before Applause. It was Gaga who had the manufactured POP EMERGENCY when Roar's release was moved up by two days.

Gaga tried to take Katy out...she truly THOT that she could bury Katy's era with ARTPOOP. The backfire...
pwou69d.gif
pwou69d.gif
pwou69d.gif
Roar wasn't even a blip in the pop consciousness until Gaga announced her dates. Seriously sis, look it up. Katy's team were saying her album wasn't even half done literally a week before Gaga announced ARTPOP dates and then shortly after Katy announced PRISM and ROAR.

The Flop

Banned
Roar wasn't even a blip in the pop consciousness until Gaga announced her dates. Seriously sis, look it up. Katy's team were saying her album wasn't even half done literally a week before Gaga announced ARTPOP dates and then shortly after Katy announced PRISM and ROAR.

We as citizens of POP won in the end though tbqh. That weekend where we were slayed with both "Applause" and "Roar". When will the lessers?

Mau ®

Sis, the world doesn't revolve around Lady Gaga. Everyone important wants to release during Q4.

That's so sad :( RIP

Mau ®;173289606 said:
Sis, the world doesn't revolve around Lady Gaga. Everyone important wants to release during Q4.
That's not what I'm saying, there are literal interviews and news articles with Katy and her team saying that she'd just started work on her album, it's only half way done etc just a week before ARTPOP announcement and a few weeks before the PRISM announcement. I get that Q4 is important in so many industries but Katy's team timed it.

And why wouldn't they? It worked. The media got whipped up into a Katy vs Gaga frenzy and Katy won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom