• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
AuBF2O0.gif
tumblr_nd12z5MdjJ1tds2vfo1_250.gif

3phemeral

Going through my old photos, I came across pictures of my dance students and it reminded me of this generic guilty-pleasure bop I choreographed a routine for (for their high school dance team, not the video lol). Get into it.

By the time you will get home
I'll be ready and gone
Gone with the wind
You gon' be mad but I'm gonna be like

Hell with you
Hell with you
If I chase you any longer
I'll go coo-(haha)-cuckoo
I've been locked up way too long playing house
And I'm way too young; getting my grown and sexy on

So, I'm heading to the nightlife
I won't
Be waitin' up for you to-night
So don't go
I'm en-joy-ing the nightlife, playboy
Ain't no tellin' what I'll do
'Cause everything goes down in the nightlife​

sKh6eN

Meowster

Don't say you need me when
You leave and you leave again.
I'm stronger than all my men,
Except for you.

Don't say you need me here,
You leave us, you're leaving,
I can't do it, I can't do it,
But you do it well.

PYnCGaz.gif

Frodo

I must confess Run Away With Me grew a little bit on me.

I just wish it was a song by One Republic with a real Scottish pipe on the intro and chorus (that is what that song was inspired on, right?). As much as I like the song, I can't help but to find Carly's voice kind of on the annoying side sometimes. I suppose when she grows older and her voice deepens a bit it will hit the right spot for me.

Frodo

And another thing, if I see someone stanning TS and denying to give Carly anything for Emotion you'll go straight to my ignore list.

I can deal with bad taste, but not with hypocrisy.

vgHFdjK.gif

Meowster

Forgot how beautiful an album Vulnicura was.. so emotional. So raw. I could listen to Stonemilker, History of Touches, Black Lake, and Notget for forever.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
does it matter how much the alber sold? bayonetta of all people shouldn't really be coming for low sales when her own username is culled from a game that is almost as famous for its dismal commercial performance as it's quality. doubly so when it stans a chain of hews that would reach from here to the moon if you laid them all end to end. sadly even that would do little to raise their notoriety (although it would save us all from having to listen to their music).

although some people in this chat have convenient amnesia about these things (that seems, interestingly, to disappear whenvever the subject of their fave's rapid decline in musical quality is the subject of discussion), it really is about the music not the bling, and the critics agree that E-MO-TION has simply scalped your faves irrevocably.

does it matter how much the alber sold? bayonetta of all people shouldn't really be coming for low sales when her own username is culled from a game that is almost as famous for its dismal commercial performance as it's quality. doubly so when it stans a chain of hews that would reach from here to the moon if you laid them all end to end.

although some people in this chat have convenient amnesia about these things (that seems, interestingly, to disappear whenvever the subject of their fave's rapid decline in musical quality is the subject of discussion), it really is about the music not the bling, and the critics agree that E-MO-TION has simply scalped your faves irrevocably.
Metacritic is trash, sis. It is not unbiased by any means and is incredibly inaccurate when it comes to reviews that don't give things a score.

Get over MC tbh.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Metacritic is trash, sis. It is not unbiased by any means and is incredibly inaccurate when it comes to reviews that don't give things a score.

Get over MC tbh.

Ignoring Metacritic isn't going to make the critical acclaim for E-MO-TION go away, as much as you would like it to.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
No, but ignoring the album IS making it go away, as evidenced by the { dismal } sales.

Thankfully, the alber is still going to exist--and is still going to slay--regardless of its low commercial ratings.

Speaking of ignoring things and its success in making them disappear, how is Gaga doing?

Thankfully, the alber is still going to exist--and is still going to slay--regardless of its low commercial ratings.

Speaking of ignoring things and its success in making them disappear, how is Gaga doing?
She's good actually, after continuing the train of her 3rd #1 album in a row (her latest being Grammy award winning, mind you) she is now preparing for a lead role in American Horror Story.

I wonder if Carly would be able to get a job on set? The work experience and extra income might be good for her.

Vitanimus

using "AHS" and "good" in the same sentence so somehow justify gaga being irrelevant to the public. how... sad

and I see bayo is back after a mere 24 hours.

37Uv20I.gif

Frodo

This page...

37Uv20I.gif

Run Away With Me recently low key snatched my weeeg, so sales are irrelevant to me. I'm just glad that song (and All That) exists.

37Uv20I.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Ten Love Songs is one of my faves. One of the best albums released this year.

Also, I read that as Disclosure's collapse. Kinda true, tbqh.

Run Away With Grammy's. The saxophone is everything in that song. E•MO•TION is good too though, probably my second favorite.

Post more please.

You're the only other one on this [redacted] site that understands how good Rebel Heart is.
enA3ErU.gif

This E.MO.TION album isn't what I was expecting

Is... is that a good thing?

A bad thing?

VzO0pBp.gif

You love it, don't you? :D

Phreaker

I thought you were taking a sabbatical from this thread?

I think she did, to make some GIFs.

Carly Rae Jepsen (Interscope) 12-15k sales, 15-18k

Lower than Sucker and lower than Jackie
a67f937033.gif

I don't get it. Maybe it will be like Jewel's Pieces of You and be out there floating around for a year with just a few fans and then all of a sudden, BAM it's everywhere. Or, it's because fans had it since she released it already elsewhere?

rhandino

Banned
She's good actually, after continuing the train of her 3rd #1 album in a row (her latest being Grammy award winning, mind you) she is now preparing for a lead role in American Horror Story.

I wonder if Carly would be able to get a job on set? The work experience and extra income might be good for her.
She was working on Broadway while working on Emotion so...

Like, the only reason I can see you, sis, coming for Carllah wig it's because she marked the beginning of the end of your fave career when Gaga "warned" her because Jepsus cockblocked her Hot 100 record making her self-expose to the world that she really was not in it for the music or the message behind it.

@carlyraejepson I SEE you just swooped in and broke my BORN THIS WAY record of the most weeks at #1, DONT GET COMFORTABLE IM COMING FOR YOU.”

That's OK I guess, even if Carly can't reach the peak she manged to do with Call Me, Maybe she is still serving incredible and carefully crafted albums full of slays instead of having public meltdowns, making a fool of herself on social media or try iT in down at heel shows in seek of an audience that it's so not here for her...

Gaga should take a lesson or two from Carly tbh

BKkQdaF.gif

This E.MO.TION album isn't what I was expecting
!!!

gWf82fV.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
now thats what I call a true flop

178fcbaa7e.gif

MIAMTEC'S sales are looking better and better every day. Loves it.

uWAPAm4.gif

?

Didn't her most recent release #1 to Infinity do the same numbers as E.MO.TION?

I mean

According to Nielsen Music, Carey’s latest compilation album shifted 15,183 copies during the May 18-24 tracking week. It was the week’s ninth-best-selling new release (and 20th-best-seller overall).

b4mMUCu.gif

Touchdown

Banned
I clearly was talking about MIAMTEC. #1 To Infinity is just a compilation album of past hits. and mess at one of the most "acclaimed" pop stars not beating out Mimi's album of 20 year old songs.

b4mMUCu.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You girls need to be like me and accept some of your faves are flops. Enjoy the music for what it is even if it didnt sell shit. Don't make yourself easy targets.
c8023da3e4.gif

rhandino

Banned
You girls need to be like me and accept some of your faves are flops. Enjoy the music for what it is even if it didnt sell shit. Don't make yourself easy targets.
Ch, The only ones "concerned" about her sales in this comm are the most pressed and bothered by her so it's not surprising...

FpsNlTL.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It's not my fault that Gaga's career has had the hardest falling off of recent memory. It's such a good example to reach for.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Do I get a ticket to see The Weeknd and Banks at MSG?
I'm upset that it's Banks here and not Halsey; her CD is so fucking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom