• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
E•MO•TION, Vulnicura, Ten Love Songs, Rebel Heart, Ratchet...

Such a good year.
Truly a blessed year, even more if you listen other genres.

1e251qS.gif

Meowster

I'm worried that Dalai is going to Artpop herself with Honeymoon. But I will weather through that storm if it comes. I did like the most recent song and I enjoy the title track more than anyone here, probably. It's preordered and ready to go at this point.

The only thing Lana is going to be slaying is the National Sleep Foundation.

BKkQdaF.gif
Well at least she'll be slaying something tbqh. And I do use UV to get to sleep so I guess you have a point.
I'm worried that Dalai is going to Artpop herself with Honeymoon. But I will weather through that storm if it comes. I did like the most recent song and I enjoy the title track more than anyone here, probably. It's preordered and ready to go at this point.
Tbh I don't really care how it does, I'm just glad she's releasing new music :) I loved UV even though it was quite a departure from BTD so I'm here for whatever she does next. (Like with Gags)

Wtf so I was listening to Cool for the Summer on YT when this came on

I didn't know this song was Demi (or what it was tbh), I just hear it all the time when I'm out.

Mess at Pigrez being in the vid tho.

missing, like they are from the charts
look at the top 40 on itunes, the only two major artists are Drake and 1D
extend it to the top 100 and you can add Taylor and I guess Maroon 5 (gross but they are probably one of the biggest bands out there right now)

The state of popular music right now is trash. The big hitters have taken a leave of absence and as a result no names have stormed the premises and mid level artists have been falsely paraded around as "it girls" ad the next biggest thing, when in reality they are glorified place holders.

Next year cannot come soon enough.

This scalding truth tea.

Hoping Bey doesn't get complacent and releases another big hitter next year, same with Gaga. They're both taking a year longer than normal to release.

The Flop

Banned
I was just realizing how bad Nicki was on this song ("Femme Fatale (Remix)") and getting my life. How she could drag Iggy, and why Iggy/Abanks don't use these as a clapback to her "I write my own material" stint.

-Femme-Fatale-Tour-June-20th-Los-Angeles-CA-nicki-minaj-23543182-600-644.jpg

[Nicki Minaj:]
Aiii, chimpanzees is hating but I take it all in stride
Put her in a jungle with bananas on the side!
Told you they'd revive your career but somebody lied
I ain't talking poultry when I say "this chicken's fried!"

Anyway Britney, why they so jealous that you teamed up with me?!
Tell 'em "they my son," yup, gyal dem a mi pickney!
Anyway, brembedell, whats that? I don’t know: Femme Fatale

*Sniff, sniff, cries* I done slayed your whole entire fucking life
Oh, oh, you got some Epsom Salt?
I done balled all day, you ain't touched the court
What, you tired? You need a break?
You was hot when? Ricki Lake!

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
It's okay. I really liked the duet between her and Justin.

Timberlake or Bieber?

Some impostor on the gaming side has the same avatar (even the same size, I think!) so that's why I changed it to this one. It's from Shaun The Sheep (also Aardman production, just like W&G)

Oh cute! (the movie not the impostor avatar theft mess) A friend invited me to an early showing to see that movie last weekend but I couldn't make it. Is it good?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I was just realizing how bad Nicki was on this song and getting my life. How she could drag Iggy, and why Iggy/Abanks don't use these as a clapback to her "I write my own material" stint.

-Femme-Fatale-Tour-June-20th-Los-Angeles-CA-nicki-minaj-23543182-600-644.jpg

Seems like Drake got his ghost writer to write him the track and then ghost forwarded it to Nicki.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
WHO IS TORI KELLY
i have only ever seen her name
my friends cousin stanned the fuck out of her and has apparently seen her like three times but I LITERALLY have no idea who she is

Ok on the bottom I'm seeing The Weeknd ( Already confirmed) on the far left. Charlie Pluth and Wiz Khalifa on the far Right.

And i'm going to guess Selena Gomez and A$AP Rocky. Rita Ora, Kanye, and then the bag person being Sia?

EDIT: Also maybe Tori Kelly? and Demi?

What a tragic list if true

Floridian

WHO IS TORI KELLY
my friends cousin stanned the fuck out of her and has apparently seen her like three times but I LITERALLY have no idea who she is

Some new artist I guess? I'm not too familiar with her.
Should've Been Us is the only song i know of her. Apparently she has legit singing talent though.

Edit; not this being my 10000th post

Vazduh

Oh cute! (the movie not the impostor avatar theft mess) A friend invited me to an early showing to see that movie last weekend but I couldn't make it. Is it good?

Very good. Not W&G level-good, but quite close.

WHO IS TORI KELLY

One of Max Martin's protégés. Give this song a listen. Or maybe this one.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

The Flop

Banned
ok ,shes not bad
but how on earth did her album debut at #2 with 75k in its first week?
like how
is this the power of youtube?

Well she auditioned for Idol after her youtube videos and didn't make it pass the Hollywood week, but Scooter Braun scooped her up.

So it's the Bieber Machine. That and she did promo off her ass, and she had decent songs on the radio prior to the alber.

Floridian

Well she auditioned for Idol after her youtube videos and didn't make it pass the Hollywood week, but Scooter Braun scooped her up.

So it's the Bieber Machine. That and she did promo off her ass, and she had decent songs on the radio prior to the alber.

Not sure why American Idol makes such dumb decisions, but whatever. What American Idol winners besides Kelly & Carrie Underwood managed to stay musically relevant anyway?

The Flop

Banned
Not sure why American Idol makes such dumb decisions, but whatever. What American Idol winners besides Kelly & Carrie Underwood managed to stay musically relevant anyway?

She probably didn't have the "story" that year. I would say as far as winners go, you could add Jordin Sparks in some reguards and Phillip Phillips. Also Scotty McCreary is still doing the country thing.

They have quite a few non winners though still doing well: Jennifer Hudson, Daughtry, Katharine McPhee.

Still when will the voice?

Even the now canceled the X Factor US has had a breakout artist.

Matt_

if only our faves had such a work ethic

Frodo

I'm having trouble identifying hew that girl is supposed to be.

I've excluded the few of them who can sing live, and I still haven't got a clue...

Matt_

I'm having trouble identifying hew that girl is supposed to be.

I've excluded the few of them who can sing live, and I still haven't got a clue...

Perra
and th supposed message
JUP8NNi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom