• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasser

tbf the only continuously relevant recording artist from this picture is Britney Spears, so

I agree!!

200_s.gif

Meowster

That confirmed list is tragic. The only relevant artist there is Justin Bieber. Nicki Minaj's album run ended half a year ago, she's just there just because, irrelevant. Where is Kendrick, one of the most nominated of the night? Where is Ariana to promote her upcoming single? Where is Ed Sheeran, a VOTY nominee? A huge disaster. I don't see MTV recovering from this.

Still a kii that they still don't think Nick Jonas is talented enough for a performance during the show though.

Meowster

AHS has always had good performances even if the seasons were shit. The actresses always get tons of awards attention too, I don't blame GaGa for latching on.

SaintZ

the sax opening of Run Away With Me by Ha Majesty Queen of Canada Carallah Slae Jepsus is just so life-giving. in a better world this would be the song of the summer.

also, this new Demi "Wonderbread" Lovato song that youtube keeps pushing on me is...surprisingly kind of a bop? with lyrics that had me cackling

what does it all mean tho
Excuse me, Avril Ramona Kroeger Lavigne is the Queen of Canada. Carlegend RaeofSunshine Jepsus can be then princess though.

Also, get into Cool For The Summer tbh Demi delivered the lesbian anthem of this generation.

"Cool for the Summer" has some surprisingly textured and layered production. It has a rather sinister, dark, but sophisticated tone to ha.

It's a bit too sophisticated, though, which explains its floppage. Some songs just sound like banshee garbage with radio's pathetic 64kbps.

Also, isn't Ed Sheeran simply the most basic singalong trasH you've ever heard? You should all feel ashamed, letting his filthy bulge brainwash you.

tsk

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Demi better bring out Miley and perform CFTS to her while engaging in lesbianic affairs

SC0LTa7.gif

I am tho lowkiing about Nick Jonas being demoted to Pre-show while 21 Pilots (?) and Tori Kelly (literally who?) get stage performances

SC0LTa7.gif

waiT @ the clarification

Clarifications

An earlier version of this story said Pantheon ranked Avril Lavigne as the most famous Canadian. After the story was published, Pantheon posted on its website that small differences in ranking are not statistically meaningful and should not be used to draw conclusions about the popularity of similarly ranked individuals.
Mar 18, 2014 11:48 AM ET

SC0LTa7.gif

SaintZ

They shouldn't have numbered the list, then.

4bEqCg1.gif

I am tho lowkiing about Nick Jonas being demoted to Pre-show while 21 Pilots (?) and Tori Kelly (literally who?) get stage performances

SC0LTa7.gif
Not MTV doing King Nick like that :rip: I also do not know [ h e w ] the hell are the Twenty One pilots. I hadn't heard or read that name before today
4bEqCg1.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
MTV should have cancelled the VMAs if this was all they had to work with

just like how I cancelled the PG Grammys and saved myself the embarrassment of low-ratings

4bEqCg1.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I think I know why certain Little Munsters are fuming over CRJ. It's because when their fave's career collapsed, it was greeted by critics lashing the music. When CRJ's commercial performance tanked, it was greeted by critical acclaim. She is truly the crossover indie queen.

I think I know why certain Little Munsters are fuming over CRJ. It's because when their fave's career collapsed, it was greeted by critics lashing the music. When CRJ's commercial performance tanked, it was greeted by critical acclaim. She is truly the crossover indie queen.
I think you mean 1 Little Monster. Every other one I know has been listening to Emotion and appreciating it and there was actually a thread on GagaDaily where everyone was sad that it performed so poorly, saying it deserved better.

My impact tho I guess 🌝

To think how far the VMA's have fallen from the masterpiece of a performance that was "Paparazzi" by Gaga in 2009.

EDIT: rewatching and not Gaga predicting her future of being in a wheelchair a few years later!

Yep, this gaga is awesome.

1) Paparazzi is a good song
2) She sings live, and does it pretty well
3) The songs arrangement has been altered for the performance, and is a bit more epic
4) Her outfit is weird, but not hopelessly wtf
5) Cool dance choreography
6) Cool stage setting
7) Something weird that makes people gasp: she's bleeding to death and hanging herself

(I could do without the tired piano-with-foot intermezzo though)

Yep, this gaga is awesome.

1) Paparazzi is a good song
2) She sings live, and does it pretty well
3) The songs arrangement has been altered for the performance, and is a bit more epic
4) Her outfit is weird, but not hopelessly wtf
5) Cool dance choreography
6) Cool stage setting
7) Something weird that makes people gasp: she's bleeding to death and hanging herself

(I could do without the tired piano-with-foot intermezzo though)
The leg thing wasn't tired back then :p

I love this performance so much. I sometimes worry that she'll never be able to put on a performance like this again after her hip injury. At artRave the choreo was vey basic and involved a lot of hand gestures rather than leg work, which looks fine in a music video but doesn't really translate well for a concert experience. You need big, grand movements that people can make out from a distance.

Compare the artRave choreo to the Born This Way Ball's and they're a world apart.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

rhandino

Banned
Also, isn't Ed Sheeran simply the most basic singalong trasH you've ever heard? You should all feel ashamed, letting his filthy bulge brainwash you.

tsk
But X was a very enjoyable, if borderline basique, album with some goods bops here and there with Bloodstream, Tenerife Sea and Thinking out Loud being my faves of that compilation...

SC0LTa7.gif

... but I do wish that he jusT simply shut his mouth during interviews, he is so dissapointing
2095c354.gif
2095c354.gif
2095c354.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom