• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dropping a racial slur on live television

Appropriating a culture on live television

Looking disgusting on live television

b4Invs7.gif

Overall this is a really solid album. The lyrics are... cute. Definitely a weak link.

But the production on most of the songs is outstanding. Definitely not something i would have ever expected from a Miley Cyrus album.

Floridian

The song titles are the worst things about the album. Other than some questionable lyrics & messages, the production is solid. It's her most interesting album i'll say that much.

My favorite tracks are 1 Sun, Evil is But a Shadow, Tangerine, The Floyd Song, Bang Me Box, & BB Talk.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
is there anywhere I can watch the ceremony on catch up or do I have to resort to shady means

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
that fucking miley performance slayed me I cannot lie
song is fucking trash though

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
let me give Foals' new alber a listen

i hope it's better than their last alber

Total Life Forever still slays

[edit] okay it's off to a good start

Matt_

I AM DECEASED
tidal have been caught lying about apple stopping them from streaming drake's set and the law suit
the desperation

The song titles are the worst things about the album. Other than some questionable lyrics & messages, the production is solid. It's her most interesting album i'll say that much.

My favorite tracks are 1 Sun, Evil is But a Shadow, Tangerine, The Floyd Song, Bang Me Box, & BB Talk.

That Flaming Lips power. Production is great, really loving the album.

She kind of did and I'm seething about it.

Not only is the music not the typical Miley trash I was expecting, but she also gets some great PR by releasing it for free and without corporate backing. When will Gags?

Mau ®

Let's not compare ARTPOP to this alberm. ARTPOP was trash and it never had a chance to aspire to be anything other than trash.

The fact some monsters continue to perpetuate the idea that Gaga is daring and original in 2015 is just 😂

Mau ®

IHeartRadio's CEO says new Rhat music is about to drop real soon.

So much has changed since yesterday. Rhat should just stay a model. Music is fine without her.

Super proud of Miley for releasing something that's both free and completely irreverent and mainstream-toxic. Pop stars are usually too scared to pull that off so it's cool to see. From what I've heard so far it sounds hot.

Mau ®;177045449 said:

So much has changed since yesterday. Rhat should just stay a model. Music is fine without her.

Nnnnn. Everything's floppage until it comes out and then it'll be everything you've ever wanted. You'll be all over her album whenever it does release. :p

I Get So Scared, Lighter, Tangerine, Tiger Dreams, Evil Is But a Shadow, 1 Sun.

Has any section of an alber released this year consistently punched as hard?

Nope. From the first track, you know you're in for a weird, musical journey. Love how the album ends with Twinkle Song. Such a stripped down, emotional song that is giving me life.

Also, the album has a huge Flaming Lips Yoshimi-era vibe, which is one of their best albums. Love that they went with this sound instead of their abrasive, more rock focused stuff as of late.

rhandino

Banned
Mau ®;177045449 said:
HNycRTt.gif

I'm still here for it, sadly.

Anyway, Tangerine is one of the best songs released this year. Miley sweeped Selena and Demetria out of the game. I hate her but...

I take my place along the memory
The sun's so high, it's rising in the heat
Try to fight the sunrise but it comes for you
Love is brighter than the fiery violent truth

YhiNxHi.gif

[Verse 1]
You dye your hands the color blue
You wash your mouth, you pray for truth
You've seen it all by the grace of God
It's what you've done, it's who you are

[Chorus]
Oh, oh, fever
Oh, oh, fever
You drink it all, you'll live tonight
You bite your cheeks, you'll put it right
Oh, oh, fever

YhiNxHi.gif

I'm still not over Communion, the AOTY of 2015

3phemeral

Listening to the new Miley album; just started Dooo It and while I couldn't bring myself to watch that damned video, the production is slaying me so far.

[edit] Moody, vocally raw, and sounds completely unique from what's out right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom