• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got to let the beat get under your skin
You've got to open up, and let it all in
But see, once it gets in, the poppin' begins
And then you find out, why all the boys stare

tumblr_inline_nc2tv9M2pu1qby514.gif

They're trying to bite our style
Trying to study our approach
They like the way we do it, so original
I guess that they are slow, so they should leave the room
This beat is for the clubs, and cars that go

Everytime the bass bangs, realize it calls your name
Let the beat wind you up, and don't stop till your time is up
Get in line now

large.gif

They're trying to bite our style
Trying to study our approach
They like the way we do it, so original
I guess that they are slow, so they should leave the room
This beat is for the clubs, and cars that go

Everytime the bass bangs, realize it calls your name
Let the beat wind you up, and don't stop till your time is up
Get in line now

large.gif
Feminist anthem tbh
ZgTJlug.gif

Mau ®

I hope the Rhat doesn't leave Spotify.

She's the most followed female by far there. I'm not here for her losing that valuable metric.

Floridian

Mau ®;158140519 said:
I hope the Rhat doesn't leave Spotify.

She's the most followed female by far there. I'm not here for her losing that valuable metric.
Why would she leave behind her established spot on Spotify entirely over a risky/competitive streaming service? She'll probably just have music accessible on both.

Mau ®

Why would she leave behind her established spot on Spotify entirely over a risky/competitive streaming service? She'll probably just have music accessible on both.

Becuase she's Roc Nation and Jay-Z owns ha life and money.

Not really but yes really

EEk!
Iggy Azalea
Her megahit "Fancy" turned the Aussie MC into a household name in 2014, but those factors don't always translate into arena-level ticket sales. A month before Azalea's scheduled April 14 Great Escape Tour launch, the jaunt was postponed until September due to production delays. While such delays are not unheard-of in the frenetic world of touring, tours with robust ticket sales nearly always find a way to work around them. One industry observer characterized the tour as "a complete crash and burn," noting Azalea's lack of multiple hits and a touring history mostly comprising festival appearances, radio shows and several previously booked venues. "There was a big guarantee, a big ticket price and no fan base," the observer said. "They brought it down because it was a financial disaster." Promoter AEG Live did not respond to requests for comment.
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6516863/iggy-azalea-ariana-grande-headlining-arenas

tlpJbff.gif

Mau ®

I worked at a concert promoter for two years.

"Logistics" was the go-to excuse whenever a cancellation happened due to sales.

ONLY one time "logistics" was actually a real problem. The remaining 30 cancellations? Shit sales.

Mau ®;158141698 said:
I worked at a concert promoter for two years.

"Logistics" was the go-to excuse whenever a cancellation happened due to sales.

ONLY one time "logistics" was actually a real problem. The remaining 30 cancellations? Shit sales.
Well it makes sense. I mean what most artists do doesn't really need anything special made and if the options are turn down 30k people because the screen you rented has to come from somewhere else or just rent it elsewhere and go on with the show, I think I know what I'd choose.

The only exceptions I can think of are when the tour requires a lot of bespoke stuff (like Gaga's BTW castle - there were two different versions made for each venue, and there were no big LED screens or anything - it was all specially built for the BTWB).

rhandino

Banned
Nobody is here for Eggs, her solo efforts. I mean, her biggest hits (Fancy and Black Widow) only happened because more talented
and floppy
poptarts saved those songs.

SwDhZO8.gif

But stay perched for "Pretty Girls" to be released May 5th.

Look at what you've done
Stand still, falling away from me
When it takes so long
Fire's out, what do you want to be?

Now I'm holding on
Myself was never enough for me
Gotta be so strong
There's a power in what you do
Now every other day I'll be watching you

xpTXoCB.gif

I'll show you what it feels like
Now I'm on the outside
We did everything right
Now I'm on the outside
I'll show you what it feels like
Now I'm on the outside
We did everything right
Now I'm on the outside

xpTXoCB.gif

i love this song tbh

rhandino

Banned
Does anyone here even "stan" for Britney Spears? The lack of her is weird yet doesn't bother me.

I used to... like everybody else did during the "Baby One More Time", "Oops!... I Did It Again" and " Briney" era.

But then all the mess happened and I was not there for that and kind of forgot of ha until "Blackout" happened, the I just forgot again. LOL

Floridian

I used to... like everybody else did during the "Baby One More Time", "Oops!... I Did It Again" and " Briney" era.

But then all the mess happened and I was not there for that and kind of forgot of ha until "Blackout" happened, the I just forgot again. LOL

CRD90, Crumpet and former popgaffer Koodo. We need Kyon back tbh :'(

I do. But Britney Jean shook my faith. I'm currently a Britney agnostic.

I think she just has a really frontloaded career. And after Femme Fatale, she didn't really seem to care much anymore. She's been gone for a while.

Yado

Does anyone here even "stan" for Britney Spears? The lack of her is weird yet doesn't bother me.

Never have and never will. I was even team Xtina (dark times) when they were being pitted against each other.

She has a handful of good songs but in general her output is safe and boring.

ok so I noticed earlier when reading Gaga's TIDAL page that the bio was a bit shady, but a user from a pop forum that shall not be named has apparently gone through a lot of them, and most of them are shady - except Jay Z and Bey's, which don't mention anything bad. Some excerpts:
Selena said:
Stars Dance was released in July of 2013. The rest of that year was a bit messy for her as she ended up in rehab, fired her managers (who also doubled as her parents), starred in the overwhelmingly reviled film Behaving Badly, and parted ways with Hollywood Records
Gaga said:
As she was healing, she worked on her third album, Artpop. Preceded by the Top Ten single "Applause" and the Top 15 follow-up "Do What U Want" (the latter a duet with R. Kelly), Artpop was released in early November 2013. The album explored familiar themes of fame, love, and empowerment. It became a number one hit in several countries, including the U.S., although sales lagged behind Born This Way and The Fame.
Rihanna said:
Despite all of these distinguished achievements, Rihanna is just getting started. Now recording her first album under the Roc Nation label with the ownership of her masters, she is busy adding more credits to her burgeoning resume: executive producer, fashion designer, actress, astute business entrepreneur and philanthropist.
Britney said:
Despite ongoing turmoil in her life that summer and fall -- including a disastrous performance at MTV's Video Music Awards -- Blackout arrived in October 2007. It proved to be her least successful album to date, charting three Top 40 hits but failing to achieve platinum certification within its first year of release.
Spears' public image was dealt more blows in early 2008 when she lost custody of her children, made several court appearances, and was placed on involuntary psychiatric hold twice in one month.
Honestly, wtf?
T5MkQpi.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I actually think Tedder is one of my fave producers
Olly Murs -Seasons
gwen stefani - Baby dont lie
Ariana - Why Try (the stand out from that alber)
Ella henderson - ghost
Ellie goulding - burn
leona - glassheart

the mans a bop machine
and one republic have some fucking amazing songs too

cory64

ok so I noticed earlier when reading Gaga's TIDAL page that the bio was a bit shady, but a user from a pop forum that shall not be named has apparently gone through a lot of them, and most of them are shady - except Jay Z and Bey's, which don't mention anything bad. Some excerpts:

Honestly, wtf?
T5MkQpi.gif

Only Rihanna's bio was written by Tidal. Rest were licensed from other databases.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
i think it's going to be boring, but perched for a potential megaton though.

they're damn stupid if its going to be some boring shite

oh celebrity guests
owners are the artists i get it

royalan

I'm just surprised at how tone deaf they are with the messaging on Tidal. It's actually kind of funny. They look like a bunch of whiny, entitled rich people begging for more money, and if you look around the internet, that's exactly how it's bring perceived.

Floridian

lmfao that was a dire joke if that "stream's" purpose was to persuade people of even considering their flop service. Celebrities signing a piece of paper isn't going to do anything. No exclusives announced or anything, just a montage of words claiming it'll "change the world". lmao ok

mVdJR2P.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom