• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I think everyone can agree that Britney has the best, and most iconic, videography of any artist in any genre

Floridian

I think everyone can agree that Britney has the best, and most iconic, videography of any artist in any genre

mRaOotY.gif

Majmun

New Rihanna music has been really great. I ended up liking 45S, absolutely LOVE Bitch Better Have My Money. American Oxygen is amazing.

R8 is going to be something special

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
by all mean come up with alternatives
because the only two that even come to mind are MJ and Madonna

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
why is it that britney fucking spears of all people hasn't earned the right to have her many achievements and past successes honoured by you people???

she's a living legend, bow down tbqfh

rhandino

Banned
why is it that britney fucking spears of all people hasn't earned the right to have her many achievements and past successes honoured by you people???

See the problem? She is indeed one of the greatest and I bet that most of us (at least those over 20) bopped to a Britney song BUT that claim was a little too much imho.

The lack of respect Bachney gets and the amount of people who make light of her mental illness is disgusting.

Reporting anyone does so from now on.

Britney definitely had potential to be great:

iozaD8u3neAJq.gif

Definitely better than Madge at any point in her career.

God, this choreo is still everything.

rhandino

Banned
Get it-get it, get it-get it, what?

(This feels good)

gPBsywc.gif

Most of the current flops that pollute the world wish for a "Good Girl gone Bad" era as iconic as Britney T_T

Unless your fave is Rihanna

rude

Banned
Blackout sits w/Stripped, Butterfly, Born to Die, The Velvet Rope, and Rated R as true p e r f e c t i o n. Simply choke sfm if you disagree irfl?!

Meowster

I really need to get into Janet, especially since there are rumors floating around that she is planning a comeback. Any suggestions?

Britney (not Jean) was better than Blackout tbh.

Frodo

she's a living legend, bow down tbqfh

Maybe because apart from the bobs of her first two alberns (+ Toxic and I'm a Slave 4 U) all that has driven Britney's career until now has been her life outside the stage. From the top of my mind, if you mention Britney Spears I'll probably won't think of Oops I Did it Again music video. I'll think of her 55 hours marriages, the breakdown and so on. Much like when someone mentions Lindsay Lohan we always think first about the mess her life is and then we remember that she was in Mean Girls (but in a smaller scale for Britney).

I won't lie, though: Britney had the industry entirely for her during her peak. No one from her era even came close, but she didn't have the support she needed, and let's face it, who is strong enough to go through all that she did without breaking down?, and eventually that is what happened to her Which is a shame really. And although Blackout is great, she failed to put her career back on track, getting only a few blips on the radar every now and then and vanishing soon afterwards.

Meowster

I liked Christina Aguilera (album) better than ..Baby One More Time. Oops.. is just great though. I don't think most people like it that much though.

Floridian

Mau ®;159519832 said:
lol

Mine, Haunted, ***Flawless, XO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Mine is filler + drake, Haunted is great. ***flawless is inferior to the remix, XO is a boring flop lead single. Not exactly the best choices to make imo.

Frodo

B'day = 4 > Beyawnce > That one album with Crazy In Love > Shit > Sacha Farce

I had to look on Google to remember which songs were on 4.

hyRJz5m.gif

Love on Top was nice.
I agree with B'day in first, though. The one album with Crazy in Love should be last.

Floridian

Mau ®;159521170 said:
MINE is amazing. What's this I'm reading?

You're reading reality.
Filler isn't necessarily a bad term. Mine isn't bad but it's not a stand out song either, even with the collab, because if it didn't have drake, it wouldn't even be checked twice lbr.

Zutroy

Britney has some of the most iconic songs and performances of the last two decades and the most iconic videography of the last two decades. Most artists fail to make it past an album or two, yet Britney has 14 years between her first and more recent number ones, and more than 15 years into her career is the best selling residency in Vegas.

Yes she's past her peak (when at her peak she was the biggest star in the world, so that's pretty hard to surpass), and no she can't dance as well as when she was 18, but bitch can still move!

57998_slay-the-ice.gif

To claim Britney is anything short of being one of the pop legend in a thread dedicate to pop music is nothing short of ignorant!

Floridian

Britney has some of the most iconic songs and performances of the last two decades and the most iconic videography of the last two decades. Most artists fail to make it past an album or two, yet Britney has 14 years between her first and more recent number ones, and more than 15 years into her career is the best selling residency in Vegas.

Yes she's past her peak (when at her peak she was the biggest star in the world, so that's pretty hard to surpass), and no she can't dance as well as when she was 18, but bitch can still move!

57998_slay-the-ice.gif

To claim Britney is anything short of being one of the pop legend in a thread dedicate to pop music is nothing short of ignorant!

She was the Pop princess of the 2000's no doubt. She was the center of pop culture back then too, but we're looking at the present, where she's not as impactful or relevant as she used to be. She'll be noted by the media as an icon definitely, but if her next album does similar performance as Britney Jean then it'll be clear that people just aren't checking for her anymore other than her loyal fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom