• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
veoB3QM.png

i2BeqBf.gif

#BBHMM is rising =P

ikr?
Confession time: whenever I stumble upon the video, I always have to watch it in its entirety. I guess both song and the video are my guilty pleasures.

Yeah, I love the Not Myself Tonight video, it transitions from Human Nature to Express Yourself to Bad Romance in the span of 3 minutes.

I miss DMJ, too. Basically no one is hardcore stanning for Rhenna rn, so he's sorely missed.

True. I've had to defend Rihanna more in the past month than I ever would have prior. For some reason I respect it when big charters flop a little bit and just kinda roll with it. It can give us great authentic material, ala 4. I'm still super perched for stR8 to DVD

Trigger

Ship to Wreck is a slay. I've been enjoying all of Florence's output this era.

with touchdown banned, mariah will finally only have as much presence in this thread as she does outside of it

nnnnnnnn

I will miss the good sis. The thread is less fun without stans.

Vazduh

Loreen and Kazacky? SLAY GAL SLAY

living for that outfit and those vocals

It was a great performance, loved it. The track itself is sublime - probably one of my favorite songs this year.

Yeah, I love the Not Myself Tonight video, it transitions from Human Nature to Express Yourself to Bad Romance in the span of 3 minutes.

Basically - it's a hot mess :D And that's why I like it.

True. I've had to defend Rihanna more in the past month than I ever would have prior. For some reason I respect it when big charters flop a little bit and just kinda roll with it. It can give us great authentic material, ala 4. I'm still super perched for stR8 to DVD

True. This era, as messy as it is, is far from predictable which makes it exciting IMHO. Let's hope good sis Rhenna saved a few bops for R8.

Meowster

It's still absolutely insane to me that Partners by Barbra Streisand outsold My Everything with its Born This Way-sized promotion, Cheek to Cheek, and Rebel Heart.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
waiT
Sparks is great
when is Hilary's album dropping?

Mau ®

Not sure why she/her label went with "Chasing the Sun". It was weak AS.

"All ABout You" and "Sparks" are great. Let's thank Bloodshy and Tove Lo for that.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
this girl is so rude
not released a damn thing in the Uk so far
these snubs are getting tew much for me

Also Nick Jonas might be #1 this week with Jealous
only a few months late

Today I came across a treat. As I scoured bandcamp I came across this album cover. The colors intrigued me and I gave it a listen. Pineapple is the self-titled album from artist Pineapple. This is a pop album akin to the style of the 80's. Their are ambient electric guitars and synths present throughout the whole project. The vocals laid down by the Lemon are fairly decent. The project definitely succeeds in making you feel like you're in the eighties. I can imagine being at Vice Point and cruisin to this along the beach. Shoot, this shit would fit right at home in the GTA Vice City Soundtrack. The songs are plenty catchy and range from upbeat dance music, to just chill and drink lemonade music. I highly recommend it to any fan of pop.

9/10

Mau ®

Nick's reinvention has been successful. I hear him all the time on the radio.

It seems having good bops and grabbing your cock on magazine spreads is what it takes to be successful male pop star.

Matt_

Britney coming on the 5th?
VYYyPo4.png

Matt_

so justin bieber is pretty much irrelevant now right?

I feel like even his "roast" wasn't that big news tbh.

pretty much, but he hasn't released anything new for a while but I'm not going to count him out

he is putting in WORK trying to repair the damage hes caused recently, and the song he has with Jack U is pretty good and has potential to smash
Even though the majority of the planet doesn't like him, all it would take to put him back up the top would be a couple of good/great songs

Floridian

Mau ®;159486172 said:
Taylor's "Bad Blood" video will feature a lot of famous friends.

Poor Katy. She only has the Rhat as a famous friend. And she's fading :ahh:

At least they have a true friendship & can keep it. Can't say the same for any of Taylor's bipolar relationships.
MxsmoVy.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mau ®;159486172 said:
Taylor's "Bad Blood" video will feature a lot of famous friends.

Catty Rat Herpes had famous people too in her video and that didnt make the video or song any better.

rhandino

Banned
Mau ®;159486172 said:

Thank god Katheryn found better friends.

WYWznrd.jpg

Also LOL at Bad Blood. Taylor simply can't stop using other people to keep ha relevancy and hits but I'm perched for the Calvin Harris / Lorde inspired mess that is going to be ha next album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom