• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned

ddd my prediction was accurate

tumblr_lykrwkP8hZ1r5gvg1o1_250.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
New got 2 b real today! I'm perched

rhandino

Banned
Do you remember what you were doing 2 years ago when this post hit popgaf:

uiNBoE5.png

Do you recall the response of the PRESSED?

pSOUE7z.gif

I remember texting Soulscribe and getting my life most of the night. I think I listened to self-titled non stop for 3 months straight. ***FLAWLESS album.
Was reading the thread actually and running to iTunes, Tumblr, ATRL, etc. for the metldowns while listening to Partition, Drunk in Love and ***FLAWLESS.

What a blessed day.

7D5wDim.gif

So I was listening to the American Top 40 this morning and they played a remix of Here by Alessia Cara... I can't seem to find this particular remix. I've searched through a ton of remixes on Youtube, but most seem to be the Lucian remix or Vincent remix. Anyone happen to know what they were playing on the AT40?

All I Want for Christmas is no longer #1 on the holiday charts? The new #1 song is a cover of Wonderful Christmastime, and I'm not a fan.

botty

Banned
All I Want for Christmas is no longer #1 on the holiday charts? The new #1 song is a cover of Wonderful Christmastime, and I'm not a fan.

Don't get me excited like this! The song is just currently not the most played, which doesn't mean much when AIWFC is right behind it, and #1 where it matters most... sales and BB.

I also have not been able to find a single bad review for Mariah's christmas show this year. WOW

Touchdown writing for buzzfeed now:

17 Reasons Mariah Carey Had An Incredible 2015
It’s Mimi’s world and we’re all just livin’ in it.

1. Mariah Carey officially celebrated 25 years of being in the music business this year.
Mariah Carey officially celebrated 25 years of being in the music business this year.
Which is incredible, especially when you consider that her debut album dropped in 1990 and almost none of her contemporaries are still making music.

2. Mariah finally received (bought) a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in August of this year.

4. She had a residency in Las Vegas this summer, which celebrated her 18 No. 1 singles.
She had a residency in Las Vegas this summer, which celebrated her 18 No. 1 singles.

5. She released a new single called “Infinity.” It served as the lead track from her latest greatest hits album called # 1 to Infinity.

6. Mariah legit joined Match.com. For real…

7. … and it must’ve worked because she found a new boo this year. His name is James Packer and he’s an Australian billionaire. ❤

8. Most people know that Mariah is a songwriter, but did you know she writes books too? The diva released her first children’s book this year. It’s titled All I Want For Christmas Is You. Yep, the same as her popular Christmas song.

9. Mimi replaced model Kate Upton as the face of the Game of War: Fire Age heroine that you see in countless ads.

11. She also announced that she would have a full Mac Cosmetics collection coming in 2016. You won’t wait for long, though. Her “All I Want” lipstick is available now. Make that money, girl.

12. Mariah taught the world that it’s important to keep your inner child alive. She’s in her mid-forties and has a Hello Kitty bathroom.

13. Mariah will star in “A Christmas Melody,” which is also her directorial film debut, later this year.

16. This year also marked 20 years since Mariah released her album Daydream. It featured classic hits like “Always Be My Baby,” “Fantasy,” and “One Sweet Day.”
This year also marked 20 years since Mariah released her album Daydream. It featured classic hits like "Always Be My Baby," "Fantasy," and "One Sweet Day."

DOWN

Banned
Okay Bayo, you are right Ariana could use better material, which begs the question: who the f is giving Selena Gomez's weak ass cable tv quality voice all these bangers? Same Old Love sounds awesome but nothing like Selena's voice because of how blended and morphed it is to capture what is actually Charli's magic. Give better voices with some serious range and power the microphone and hits. Demi rocked it out on SNL with her meh songs thanks only to a pretty good power level in her voice. Selena sounds like her peak is maybe like the sounds of Mariah Carey ordering sushi

Nobody asked for this tho.
R5DjXNc.png

EDIT
5H Tragic "Independent Women" cover.

Camilla is really the worst.
I asked for this

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Okay Bayo, you are right Ariana could use better material, which begs the question: who the f is giving Selena Gomez's weak ass cable tv quality voice all these bangers? Same Old Love sounds awesome but nothing like Selena's voice because of how blended and morphed it is to capture what is actually Charli's magic. Give better voices with some serious range and power the microphone and hits. Demi rocked it out on SNL with her meh songs thanks only to a pretty good power level in her voice. Selena sounds like her peak is maybe like the sounds of Mariah Carey ordering sushi

I asked for this

Charli is actually singing in the chorus with Selena. Also while Selena doesn't have the best vocals she delivered a better album than Demi which sometimes makes me tolerate artists that vocally are not gifted but can actually get good material. Good For You by Selena easily takes a dump on everything from Confident even with the weak ass vocals. Sometimes it takes more than just vocals to make something enjoyable. (Selena album is actually usable)

DOWN

Banned
Charli is actually singing in the chorus with Selena. Also while Selena doesn't have the best vocals she delivered a better album than Demi which sometimes makes me tolerate artists that vocally are not gifted but can actually get good material. Good For You by Selena easily takes a dump on everything from Confident even with the weak ass vocals. Sometimes it takes more than just vocals to make something enjoyable. (Selena album is actually usable)
That's my point Though. Selena ain't writing shit and our lives would be way more exciting if a Demi voice or Ariana voice were being handed the Selena singles. Selena got a ton of good songs but they're all tinged with some disappointment that a better voice wasn't handed those songs, since that's about all that happened for Selena to get the better songs. Demi is a horrendous writer and I swear to god if she's ever passed on a Selena hit because she wanted to use her own material instead I'll explode

EDIT: like damn Come & Get It with that little bit of growling rock edge Demi pulls off would have been so cool. The song is supposed to sound commanding but Selena doesn't have the power.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
That's my point Though. Selena ain't writing shit and our lives would be way more exciting if a Demi voice or Ariana voice were being handed the Selena singles. Selena got a ton of good songs but they're all tinged with some disappointment that a better voice wasn't handed those songs, since that's about all that happened for Selena to get the better songs. Demi is a horrendous writer and I swear to god if she's ever passed on a Selena hit because she wanted to use her own material instead I'll explode

Now the thing is. Will those songs Selena and other artist that are not big on vocals fit for what Demi or Ariana want to do as artists?

DOWN

Banned
Now the thing is. Will those songs Selena and other artist that are not big on vocals fit for what Demi or Ariana want to do as artists?
Clearly Ariana and Demi are on a "get me a hit" campaign (with Ariana admitting she was strict about R&B until the reception was so good for Break Free EDM( (and Demi going after hit machine Max Martin) so yes, they would probably have pulled off any Selena hit besides maybe Good for You (and even that would have had a chance at life via Ariana). Damn, I Want You To Know would have been better in either one of the other girls voices or even Katy Perry's instead of what sounds like Selena giving the same vocal range she serves on Wizards of Waverly Place.

Now don't get me wrong, I think Selena delivers the best she can, which means good, but not good enough for me to really want any of her singles to be hers first and foremost.

3phemeral

Is that kim?

Anyway, Mariah announces the Sweet, Sweet Fantasy Tour.

e0fK3iP.jpg

Mar 15 - Glasgow - The Hydro
Mar 17 - Leeds - First Direct Arena
Mar 18 - Manchester - Manchester Arena
Mar 20 - Birmingham - Barclaycard Arena
Mar 21 - Cardiff - Motorpoint Arena
Mar 23 - London - O2 Arena
Mar 26 - Luxembourg - Rockhal
Mar 27 - Brusells - Forest National
Apr 02 - Stockholm - Ericsson Globe
Apr 04 - Helsinki - Hartwall
Apr 06 - Tallinn - Saku Arena