• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
CX6BM0DW8AIYUzZ.jpg

46115e8be6.png

rhandino

Banned
I can tolerate GFY but I'm so tired of a good song being ruined by a shitty auto-tuned male screech followed by a shitty, unoriginal verse that brings nothing to the song. Like why are they even there? because they have a dick?

tumblr_inline_nz6o67GwyQ1r2le8x_500.gif
Because Mariah Carey made it a thing and the girls still want to catch that lightning in a new bottle but, almost, every single time they somehow manage to fail miserably.

EDIT: Speaking of, I rihmenbered that I was boping to Fancy the other day... Charli her power to make an Iggy song usable.

MrV4ltor

And Yall still can't let Gaga go. 3 OTs later... Truly the PopGAF Queen tbh.

No impact, they said.
Speaking of no impact, ANTI is never coming. I don't believe that the album is done, the bitch is probably recording some Sia reject as we speak.
The message behind ANTI seems to be the same message that ARTPOP had tho. Putting art/the artist back into the center of attention.

Frodo

Because Mariah Carey made it a thing and the girls still want to catch that lightning in a new bottle but, almost, every single time they somehow manage to fail miserably.

EDIT: Speaking of, I rihmenbered that I was boping to Fancy the other day... Charli her power to make an Iggy song usable.

The first song I remember having a rap is Mariah's Heartbreaker feat. Camel Z. I quite like that song and the rap too. But I guess that at the time it was super frequent already, I just wan't paying attention.

Pretty hurts is sia trash

M0T3sMJ.gif

Everything else on the album >>

And Yall still can't let Gaga go. 3 OTs later... Truly the PopGAF Queen tbh.

I like Pretty Hurts honestly, I didn't think I would.

And our obsession with Gaga is real because there's a disturbance in the force when she's not serving. She's the queen we all want and need. Everyone else is a red herring tbh

Touchdown

Banned
The first song I remember having a rap is Mariah's Heartbreaker feat. Camel Z. I quite like that song and the rap too. But I guess that at the time it was super frequent already, I just wan't paying attention.

Yes it all depends on the quality of said rapper that collaborates. O.D.B. and Camel Z are the top of the top best in terms of straight rhymes and knowing what the main artist is looking for. May O.D.B. R.I.P.

Touchdown

Banned

wait I didn't know Mimi put this video on her VEVO finally!!!!!! Where have I been??!!

and mess I'm guessing the new anti news crashed ATRL

MrV4ltor

There are actually 16 different V magazine covers and they've only revealed 3/16 so far. A cover with Gaga and another popgurl would kinda slay.

rhandino

Banned
I dont know why some of you pay her dust tbh, Badlands was good and she is well on her way to become a new Lana but now more upbeat and with more relatable lyrics.

BrFiN7T.gif

Unless some of you are pressed because while our hew faves are struggling she made herself happen with a I Knew You Were Trouble parody.

lFZsTeZ.gif

If you all want her to go away you better stan harder for Lorde whenever she feels like releasing something...

Also Joseph Khan is a fucking mess, #Pray4Avril

I dont know why some of you pay her dust tbh, Badlands was good and she is well on her way to become a new Lana but now more upbeat and with more relatable lyrics.

BrFiN7T.gif

Unless some of you are pressed because while our hew faves are struggling she made herself happen with a I Knew You Were Trouble parody.

lFZsTeZ.gif

If you all want her to go away you better stan harder for Lorde whenever she feels like releasing something...

Also Joseph Khan is a fucking mess, #Pray4Avril
Hmmm I was initially on Halsey for ha Ghost but all of the songs on Badlands sound the same :/

Also Ye Kahn is a psychopath, Taylor shouldn't be working with him. He will turn on her too

Sad to hear about Tinashe's album pushback. If they wanted Aquarius to take off after Too On, they shouldn't have released Pretend and All Hands on Deck as singles and instead released Cold Sweat and Bet (or Thug Cry or Wildfire or Feels Like Vegas or Far Side of the Moon). Instead we got iphone quality videos of the best songs on the album.

Also Pretty Hurts is great and you will all just deal.

Yado

Sad to hear about Tinashe's album pushback. If they wanted Aquarius to take off after Too On, they shouldn't have released Pretend and All Hands on Deck as singles and instead released Cold Sweat and Bet (or Thug Cry or Wildfire or Feels Like Vegas or Far Side of the Moon). Instead we got iphone quality videos of the best songs on the album.

Also Pretty Hurts is great and you will all just deal.

All Hands on Deck was a good choice but it was too late at that point. Pretend was horrible choice (and so is Thug Cry really, it's almost as bad as Pretend) no one wants to hear that shit on the radio. Cold Sweat and Feels Like Vegas would have been good choices for official singles.

Cyrus Skies really is Miley's best song, isn't it? Too bad no one brings it up when Dead Petz is discussed, which never happens.

Get into it.

edit: the fact that Nicki managed to overshadow the Dead Petz surprise release with fake drama.
Her power.
XtTeY9G.gif

rhandino

Banned
Dead Petz was a pleasant surprise but it's filled with some NOPE songs but also some incredible ones likes Tangerine, Cyrus Skies and Lighter.

I seethe a biT because I hate Miley since her Hannah Montana days and she still managed to punch me a little bit with those Dead Petz of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom