• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.
God-tier:
Consideration
Yeah, I Said It
Same Ol' Mistakes
Never Ending

Amazing-tier:
James Joint
Kiss It Better
Love On The Brain
Close To You

Good-tier:
Higher

Shit-tier garbage that was done in a week to fill out the album so that she could release it:
Work
Desperado
Woo
Needed Me

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
God-tier:
Consideration
Yeah, I Said It
Same Ol' Mistakes
Never Ending

Amazing-tier:
James Joint
Kiss It Better
Love On The Brain
Close To You

Good-tier:
Higher

Shit-tier garbage that was done in a week to fill out the album so that she could release it:
Work
Desperado
Woo
Needed Me

The album with the least Filler tracks.

WOO's production is making me feel some type of way also.

Woo feels weird at the start but after that it punches.

Touchdown

Banned
I just got home! What's it sound like? Pull through Rih!

dad9ccf148.gif

edit: oh the album is out?? a;lkj;l aaah its been leaked

botty

Banned

Floridian

I have heard it in full, and my point still stands. The only thing questionable is why Rihanna covered a song by Tame Impala and literally added nothing to it.

I know you guys are excited by new music, but if this is y'all girl, then yikes! There's not a single smash to be found.

We already know she covered that song & she worked the instrumental just fine.

Work is currently smashing on iTunes & KIB has potential but even then who cares about a smash? This is a quality album from her which is what I wanted. But keep thinking Revival is better with tracks like Body Heat & Me & My Girls on it. All up to subjective opinions I guess.

Mau ®

Studio vocals* Let's see how she'll sound on the Tour first. But I will say she definitely has vocally improved somewhat.

I feel confident in peformances for ANTi material.

She struggles with old stuff from LOUD and TTT. She generally aces most Unapologetic material and the "new" stuff like FFS and BBHMM.

Yado

I like yeah, I said it, don't care for same ol' mistakes

Same ol mistakes sounds like straight up album filler ch...where is this song even going

Mau ®

It should be noted the NVAY knew about a lot these songs from early 2015. I don't think she ever "scrapped" the album per se.

Floridian

Idk why she scrapped A Night though. I was interested in hearing the full song instead of that minute intro. Maybe it'll be on the deluxe.

botty

Banned
We already know she covered that song & she worked the instrumental just fine.

Work is currently smashing on iTunes & KIB has potential but even then who cares about a smash? This is a quality album from her which is what I wanted. But keep thinking Revival is better with tracks like Body Heat & Me & My Girls on it. All up to subjective opinions I guess.

It isn't about her covering the song, it's about her literally copying virtually every thing about the original and adding nothing interesting to it. It's lazy.

And do you think the vocal performance on higher is good or suitable for distribution? I would not have released that without auto-tuning it. No shade.

What are you even defining quality as? What about this album makes it synonymous with quality? It can not be the lyrics and I'd find it hard to believe it's the vocals... so then what?

From what i've seen so far, the best thing about the album is that it's "not bad." If you guys enjoy the album that's fine, and really all that matters, but I wouldn't put this above Selena's album and... honestly.. i doubt it will match Revival commercially as far as records sold goes.

Yado

Close To You is pleasant but boring. I don't really want to hear it again.

So there's like...4/5 good songs on here. Typical Rihanna album.

Also, I have no idea what people are hearing when it comes to Kiss it Better?? It's a very standard pop song with no real identity. Katy Perry could sing it.

Floridian

It isn't about her covering the song, it's about her literally copying virtually every thing about the original and adding nothing interesting to it. It's lazy.

And do you think the vocal performance on higher is good or suitable for distribution? I would not have released that without auto-tuning it. No shade.

What are you even defining quality as? What about this album makes it synonymous with quality? It can not be the lyrics and I'd find it hard to believe it's the vocals... so then what?

From what i've seen so far, the best thing about the album is that it's "not bad." If you guys enjoy the album that's fine, and really all that matters, but I wouldn't put this above Selena's album and... honestly.. i doubt it will match Revival commercially as far as records sold goes.

For Rihanna's standards, it's quality. It's the production, the album as a whole containing the least filler in her career, her vocal delivery has surpassed her past material. It literally has some of the best songs on it. You may not view it as quality but that's again subjective. and has Revival even reached gold? Rih should have no problem passing that, even with TIDAL's leak incident.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Katy Perry could sing it.

You can only have one of those 2 tho.

For Rihanna's standards, it's quality. It's the production, the album as a whole containing the least filler in her career, her vocal delivery has surpassed her past material. It literally has some of the best songs on it. You may not view it as quality but that's again subjective. and has Revival even reached gold? Rih should have no problem passing that, even with TIDAL's leak incident.

Also the songs being slower it should be easier for her to perform them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom